Post by smashtransit » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:44 pm

cryoutcreations wrote:I think the easiest mod to make grid default (until it will be included as an option in the admin) is to add

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript">$(document).ready(function() { if(typeof display == 'function') { display('grid'); } });</script>
in the theme's footer.tpl.

It is safe to use as it checks if the function is defined before calling it, so the browser doesn't spit out a javascript error on pages without products on them.
i literally tried everything i could find, including the vqmod extension for it. and this script for the footer.tpl was the only one that worked. thanks so much for this.

i do see a touch of lag before it auto-swaps to grid, but it's not a big deal (yet, anyway). i still find it fairly amazing that there's no list-grid default switcher in the admin. that should have been in there for years.

Post by sjiitb » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:02 am

hi
I've changed the default view to grid but what happens now is that it goes back to list randomly - only sometimes, on some machines.

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

This is what i've done

f (view) {
display(view);
} else {
display('list'); ---> change to grid
}

Post by dazthephot » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:38 pm

Hi,
I've just uploaded the latest VQMOD to my v1.51 store and installed without problems.
I moved your xml file for grid view default into the vqmod xml folder but it has no effect and still displays in list view.

i deletd all browsing history from explorer and ran ccleaner but no change.

have i done something wrong?

thanks

Darren store is www.khinteriorsltd.co.uk

Post by dazthephot » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:45 pm

I should also add that i have a Bleen template as default, will that effect the xml file?
dazthephot wrote:Hi,
I've just uploaded the latest VQMOD to my v1.51 store and installed without problems.
I moved your xml file for grid view default into the vqmod xml folder but it has no effect and still displays in list view.

thanks

Darren store is http://www.khinteriorsltd.co.uk

Post by dazthephot » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:56 pm

Ok so i thought i was very clever by editing the xml file in dreamweaver and changing the "/default/" to "/bleen/" - No Joy!

dazthephot wrote:I should also add that i have a Bleen template as default, will that effect the xml file?
dazthephot wrote:Hi,

thanks

Darren store is http://www.khinteriorsltd.co.uk

Post by Digmen1 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:44 am

Wow!

I too would like to set my default views to Grid.

But after reading all of the above (and some other posts on this subject) i think I will leave it.

I will wait for Open cart to make a simple admin option Grid or List.

Hopefully in 1.6.

Post by Eugene » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:26 am

Really weird thread!
Does the xml from uksitebuilder is updated? I'm going to give it one try.

-- Do. Or do not. There is no try. --

www.yodastudio.com

Location - Dagobah

Post by Digmen1 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:51 am

Reading this thread gave me a headache, there looked to be so many potential problems for what should be an easy Yes/No default option.

So I have installed CR2GridEnabler by cryoutcreations

It is working perfectly for me so far.
But I only have a basic default template.

Thanks cryoutcreations

Post by Eugene » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:23 pm

Nice suggestion.
I'm using a custom theme but I'm going to try this extension anyway.

Thanks

-- Do. Or do not. There is no try. --

www.yodastudio.com

Location - Dagobah

Post by Gabriela Possate » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:30 am

Someone has the file VQMOD? - version 1.5.4
I want to display only the product grid.
Can anyone help me?

Post by allmixedup » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi

I want product's available option to display as grid ( 3 to 4 coloum and rest in rows ) about 40 option i have.

how i can do that ?

Thanks
Tom

Post by dinodog » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:16 pm

Hi all i would also like to change the product view to grid as standard but i have very basic understanding of all this , i have VQMod version 1.0.1 and open cart 1.5.4 I have downloaded and installed the VQMod file and cleared cookies as in other posts but it hasant worked, could some one help me please, and if you can please put it in a basic step by step way, we all have to learn some where LOL

regards

DINO

Post by Abragj02 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:29 am

I want to do the same thing...only display as grid. However, I cannot find the code in the product.tpl to change per below instructions. I found it in the category.tpl, but not in prod. Also, nothing changed on my site.
Please advise.

Post by john121park121 » Sat May 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm using 1.5.5.1 and Simon's VQMOD xml files doesn't seem to be working. I was running an older version of the shop with the mod and it worked perfectly.

Is there an updated VQMOD file about for this?

Thanks

Post by moqrso » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Just in case anyone is still looking at this, here is a modified version of the vqMod file to account for the change from $.cookie to $.totalStorage.

I left UKSB's details as I only made small changes.

Attachments

Post by fred123 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:23 pm

I am using 1.5.5.1 and would love to have this working, I have added the vqmod file and changed default to my template name and still nothing. Surely this should be a simple change????

Post by stamasar » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:38 pm

cryoutcreations wrote:I think the easiest mod to make grid default (until it will be included as an option in the admin) is to add

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript">$(document).ready(function() { if(typeof display == 'function') { display('grid'); } });</script>
in the theme's footer.tpl.

It is safe to use as it checks if the function is defined before calling it, so the browser doesn't spit out a javascript error on pages without products on them.
V. 1.5.5.1
Nothing else worked for me besides this hack.
Thank you.

Post by butte » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:33 am

Since this now thread spans everything from 1.5.0.0 through 1.5.5.1 and impliedly also 1.5.6.0 and 1.5.6.1, it may be appropriate just to say, the essential upshot is that once the DESIRED LIST OR GRID VIEW is operative the correspondingly detested contrary can be expunged by the simple expedient of <!--commenting out in .tpl and with <zz attention to silencing embedded php tags zz> in the same stroke// --> the block of code that gives customers any choice in the matter. It is an explicit choice implemented to reverse an original decision to give customers the choice but not to allow admins the choice to deny the choice. The change is as valid as the originally written code, there is in it no "hacking" (of OPEN SOURCE itself modified a proverbial 70 ways from Sunday along the entire way), and commenting has the advantage of reminding how to reinstate the choice, flip the default, or simplify cloning a successful installation. One would, of course, first back up any files before amending them.

Guru Member

Post by zahidmughal » Mon May 04, 2015 7:30 am

I like to display each product's Available option in grid view. list view is to much long ( 40 to 45 option) :choke:
can some one help me on this ? i am using journal2 v 2.4.12 i try extention uksb_grid_view_default but its not work for me i am using opencart 1.5.6.4