Post by shetab24 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:48 pm

hi guys.
how can i increase the number of character in short description of product list?
i mean, as we click on a category in the category list all the product will be shown in main content as a list (by default).
a small description in one line is printed between the product photo and "add to cart" button. i think it has a limitation in number of characters. [maybe 50 char in one line].
there if more enough space to show more characters and better description.
how can i increase this short description into multi-line and more characters? ???

Post by ecgod.com » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:47 pm

Open these files:
catalog/controller/product/category.php
catalog/controller/product/manufacturer.php
catalog/controller/product/search.php
catalog/controller/product/special.php

find the line like this:

Code: Select all

'description' => utf8_substr(strip_tags(html_entity_decode($result['description'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8')), 0, 100) . '..',
Change the "100" to anything you want.
shetab24 wrote:hi guys.
how can i increase the number of character in short description of product list?
i mean, as we click on a category in the category list all the product will be shown in main content as a list (by default).
a small description in one line is printed between the product photo and "add to cart" button. i think it has a limitation in number of characters. [maybe 50 char in one line].
there if more enough space to show more characters and better description.
how can i increase this short description into multi-line and more characters? ???

Please click here to donate us if my solutions help.
ECGOD Development Center
http://www.ecgod.com
sale@ecgod.com
Robert

Post by shetab24 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:53 pm

great! tanx