Post by 50cent » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:37 pm

Hi all,

I have 'Paypal Standard' payment set up with our paypal account.
I followed the Opencart guide to adjusting the settings so all should be Ok from that respect:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... h=32_35_60

When I place an order on the site and pay with Paypal, everything seems to work but I can't see any information about the transaction stored with the order when I view it under sales>orders in admin.

I found a thread on here where Qphoria offers the solution quoted below:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... saction+id
(1.4.x and 1.5.x)

1. EDIT: catalog/controller/payment/pp_standard.php

2. FIND:

Code: Select all

$this->model_checkout_order->update($order_id, $order_status_id);

3. REPLACE WITH:

$this->model_checkout_order->update($order_id, $order_status_id, print_r($_REQUEST, 1));

That will store everything from paypal's IPN message to your order history log
I tried this (using VQmod) but no information is inserted into the order comments, nothing at all.
Thinking it might be a problem with getting the info from Paypal, instead of the $_REQUEST array I simply added some text to the code above. i.e.:

$this->model_checkout_order->update($order_id, $order_status_id, 'Test Comment Text');
But again, this does not show in the order comments.

Does anyone have any idea why this might not be working?
I checked the VQmod log and it reports no errors when modifying the pp_standard.php file so it can't be that either.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by 50cent on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 50cent » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:53 pm

Just wanted to add I also have the Worldpay module set up and this does stamp transaction info into the order comments. I just need to get paypal to do the same now.

Post by 50cent » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:37 pm

Please can some kind person help with this?!

I wish I could post this in the General section where there is much more activity, but alas my post is confined to the dusty payment sub forum!!!

Anyway, this still isn't working - I just can't seem to get any paypal transaction info stamped into the order comments.

In fact, all I need is enough info to easily relate the order to the paypal transaction as viewed in Paypal.
As it stands, it could be potentially annoying to try to match up the paypal payments to the orders if the customer has a different Paypal email address to the one he uses for the order etc.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction...

Post by gerbull001 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Hi

I am having the same issue. Have you found a solution to this? I can see the call back info in error log but nothing is appearing in the comments within the order history.

Post by parkookk » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:26 pm

I have the same problem, no comments shows in the email that customer receives from PayPal, I am using the PayPal Standard.
In fact as soon as I click confirm order and PayPal page loads I can not see any comments at all. ???
I am using OC 1.5.4.1
Can anyone help please?

Location - london

Post by MikeSCC » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:10 am

I'm also looking for the answer to this, any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike