Post by vimal » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:28 pm

Hello,
I know it should be really easy but for the life of it, I just don't get how to install modules. I have VQMod installed. Then in all the other modules, I have several xml files. What the heck should I do with it? Copied it in the VQMod folder ...nothing happens, copied it in the VQMod/XML folder nothing happens, copied it in the VQMod/install folder ...nothing happens.
How should I get the module to show in the admin of opencart?

Please help!
Vimal.

www.beeshop.se
Starta webbshop, Starta e-butik, Starta e-handel

Location - Sweden

Post by labeshops » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:03 pm

Every module is different and the module should have installation instructions in the archive, but in general, all xml files go into your vqmod/xml directory. Any other files that come with it would go into the matching directories, so if they have files in the downloaded files like admin/controller/module/file1.php etc you need to upload them to admin/controller/module/ on your server.

If you use vqmod cache, be sure to clear it or you won't see any changes. Some also require to you give permissions in the admin control panel but again, it should tell you in the instructions for the module.

Beyond that, contact the module creator for help.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Johnathan » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:29 pm

Are you sure you've run the vQmod auto-installer? You need to visit:

http://www.mydomain.com/vqmod/install

to do so, and anything added to your /vqmod/xml/ folder should then automatically work. Note that modules require non-vQmod files, so if it's a module that is supposed to appear in the admin list, you'll need to make sure the other files are uploaded to the correct locations as well.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator