Post by vimal » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:41 pm

Hi! have you trided the below?
vimal wrote:I am really not sure why. But since I have not done loads of modifications, you can try to work it out yourself.

1. Take the standard template, copy and paste it to make a new template named "blueleaf"
2. Use notepad ++ and do a find on the word "theme/default" and replace it in the entire folder (blueleaf) with "theme/blueleaf".
3. Replace the default stylesheet to the styleshee from my template. (folder = stylesheet)
4. Replace the images folder with the one in my template. (folder = image)
5. Replace the header and footer files with the ones from my template. (folder = layout/common)

All these files are in the catalog/view/theme/"blueleaf" folder. I am at work and hence the folders mentioned above might not be exact but it is in the blueleaf folder.

That should work.

Try that and let me know.

www.beeshop.se
Starta webbshop, Starta e-butik, Starta e-handel

Location - Sweden

Post by Bliss » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi,

Following various comments in relation to the missing stylesheet error,

this is due to a file naming error for example "layout.tpl" uses "blue-leaf" instead of "Blue-leaf"

This does not make any differance on a windows server but on a linux server this has a catastrophic effect, I would advice any one who has had problems to make sure all referances are either written in lower case or are matching what is set out in the stylesheet and or TPL files.

Regards,

Bliss

P.s very nice job on the template. :)

Location - Basildon, Essex

Post by chuvadenovembro » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:39 pm

not work for me

I changed the folder name and did not work

then put the contents into the default folder and still had the same problem.

anyway thank you for the theme

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined variable: icon in /home/parcelaf/public_html/catalog/view/theme/default/template/common/layout.tpl on line 10

Notice: Undefined variable: display_price in /home/parcelaf/public_html/catalog/view/theme/default/template/common/home.tpl on line 15

Post by Bliss » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:41 pm

not work for me

I changed the folder name and did not work

then put the contents into the default folder and still had the same problem.

anyway thank you for the theme
To get the theme to run propely all you need to do is the following:-

1. Download and copy to relevant folder the Blue-leaf template/theme exactly as you would any other theme.
2. Download and apply the fix which has been posted.
3. Go into the theme folder store\catalog\view\theme\Blue-leaf\template......
4. in each folder in the TPL files search for "blue-leaf" in the code and simply change from to "Blue-leaf".

Code is case sensative so where the code is ref to blue-leaf and the folder is called Blue-leaf.

Hope this helps.

Post by vimal » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:31 pm

Thanks Bliss!

www.beeshop.se

Location - Sweden

Post by iori57 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:42 am

I have the exact same problem as the folks above.. I just renamed the folder name from 'Blue-leaf' to 'blue-leaf' and it works :) save you all the work renaming each of the files one by one..

Post by Corrianna » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:23 am

I'm also having this problem, so I went through all my .tpl files and changed them all to Blue-leaf (rather than lowercase blue-leaf) and it's still not working.

The default theme will work, but this one won't. I'm an OpenCart noob, so I apologize if this is something simple. I'm on a Netfirms server...I'm not sure what else ya'll will need to know. I haven't tried any other templates yet. Honestly I'm thinking this is too much trouble & I'll just modify the default one to my liking instead of dealing with this!

Post by Bliss » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:31 pm

I haven't tried any other templates yet. Honestly I'm thinking this is too much trouble & I'll just modify the default one to my liking instead of dealing with this!
Before you attempt at changing the default theme to suit your needs, I would recommend,

1. Try some other themes and see if they work.

2. re-download the blue-leaf theme and the fix and follow the instructions exact and see if that works.

If both of the above fail then it would appear your problem is bigger.

Please let us know the results so we can help you further.

Regards,

Post by FinrodFelegund » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:46 am

i dont know what is wrong with this template, its not working for the last version ?

i downloaded the template, first thing i saw is that ....the folder are starting with BIG LETTERS "C"atalog and so on
weird.....
i went to /catalog/view/theme/ and uploaded there the Blue-leaf there....of course i renamed the folder to blue-leaf because i was sure i will get a path problem .....so i thought that was i open to check the template i only see

Welcome to Your Store

Welcome to my store!
I went to check the home.tpl file and i see
<div class="top">
<h1><?php echo $heading_title; ?></h1>
</div>
<div class="middle">
<div><?php echo $welcome; ?></div>
</div>
<div class="bottom">&nbsp;</div>

just a little code ...i saw after that there is another file i have to download. I downloaded the home.tpl file uploaded it in the right place and what do i get :

Welcome to Your Store

Welcome to my store!
Latest Products

i get the same thing + latest products ...?

why ? where is the rest of the code? of course there is not the right file for home.tpl and i have to search what more do i need to do to make it work...

i see enough ppl who like this template i like it too, even all i saw its an image...i will try to fix it ...and upload it with owners permission...or maybe he can make at least some good tutorial step by step on how can ppl get it work because not everyone knows how opencart system is build.

Dont get me wrong i am not being evil....i just hate things that eats your time when they was build to be simple and nice...and opencart is that :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
owner and manager of - superproduse.com

Post by FinrodFelegund » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:25 am

the template works...but not with the latest version of opencart 1.3.4 , so best thing to do its install 1.3.2 install the theme

I did it this way...other way might work too

1. Take the standard template, copy and paste it to make a new template named "blueleaf"
2. Use notepad ++ and do a find on the word "theme/default" and replace it in the entire folder (blueleaf) with "theme/blueleaf".
3. Replace the default stylesheet to the styleshee from my template. (folder = stylesheet)
4. Replace the images folder with the one in my template. (folder = image)
5. Replace the header and footer files with the ones from my template. (folder = layout/common)

Then follow the instrucion and upgrade to 1.3.4 and u got everything set up and working :)

Nice template....thank you for it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
owner and manager of - superproduse.com

Post by vimal » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:57 pm

I have been slow with 1.3.4. I haven't really had the time to work with this version. But thanks for showing how to update templates made for 1.3.2 to 1.3.4. I will try it and maybe update the template.

Btw..I am trying to get the banner in jquery instead of a static pic. Once I get that I will share it as a mod.

www.beeshop.se

Location - Sweden

Post by orrml » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:06 pm

Does any know if the Blue Leaf template will work with OpenCart version 1.4.0 ?? I've tried it but doesn't seem to be working. I get some text, welcome text, latest products and 8 product images. (default install, no product changes, etc. except to load logo). I can switch back to default template and everything is fine.

Post by twiggy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:21 am

No 1.4 is a different system to 1.3.4

Post by OnesieBummsie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:25 am

Hi vimal just wondering if you will edit this template so it can be used with the new cart? I love this template :)

Thanks

Post by twiggy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:03 pm

If vimal doesn't mind I will have a go at converting this to 1.4, might not be a exact copy as there are changes t0 the 1.4 system, but I think I could get close.

Post by OnesieBummsie » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:41 am

That would be awesome :D Thanks

Post by hillfish » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:43 am

Hi - just wondering if there has been any movement on this theme re 1.40 compatibility ?
It's a really nice theme and there are so few available yet for 1.40 (if I'm wrong please point me in the right direction - thanks).

Hope to use this theme soon :)
Cloe