Post by howardal » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi Guys,

Does v1.5.3.1 comes with a text editor installed? or do I have to install a text editor module/extension?

I want to write my About Us page but when I go to edit the description there is no text editor.

I am using the OC default theme that I installed after downloading, this is my first time building a site.

I did one in MS Word, when I cut and paste its all jumble.

Regards,
Howard.

Post by MarketInSG » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:49 am

Hey howard, I think you dropped me an email too. I replied to it already.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by merry » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:51 am

howardal wrote:Hi Guys,

Does v1.5.3.1 comes with a text editor installed? or do I have to install a text editor module/extension?

I want to write my About Us page but when I go to edit the description there is no text editor.

I am using the OC default theme that I installed after downloading, this is my first time building a site.

I did one in MS Word, when I cut and paste its all jumble.

Regards,
Howard.
Howard, yes, there is a text editor installed by default when the store is installed. It should appear automatically in your Admin in the CATALOG - Product - product description box, as well as in CATALOG - Information - all the information pages. You can toggle the editor off and on by clicking the "SOURCE" Button above these boxes.

It is very possible that what you did in MS Word is a jumble of Microsoft codes. It is best to use WordPad or NotePad to write your text, then paste it into the boxes mentioned above.

Hope that helps,
Merry

Most answers are from my OpenCart 1.5 User Manual CURRENT TO 1.5.5.1 and includes free updates.
FREE HELP! 60-page user guide with OpenCart Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Install Guide & 30 Minute QuickStart Guide: http://showmeguides.com/

Location - Mexico and sometimes Texas

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by merry » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:34 am

MarketInSG wrote:It's alright. He forgotten to upload one JavaScript file.
Yay!!! That makes total sense. Glad you are working now!

Merry

Most answers are from my OpenCart 1.5 User Manual CURRENT TO 1.5.5.1 and includes free updates.
FREE HELP! 60-page user guide with OpenCart Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Install Guide & 30 Minute QuickStart Guide: http://showmeguides.com/

Location - Mexico and sometimes Texas