Post by nudge » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:10 pm

tis fixed - wasnt loaded up properly uninstalled and re-installed and all working

Post by spottedhaggis » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:29 pm

I have this mod, and also options boost.

I have no specials, or featured products. All products have options which are set to required. The base product price is 0.00, and each options price is according to the option selected.

Problem is this

Goto a product and it says starting from price - this is the price for option 1 (10.00)
but if they purchase 5 items (option 2) the base product price is discounted so instead of each item costing £10.00 they actually cost £8.00 due to buying 5 rather than 1, so the starting from price should in actual fact show £8.00 and not the £10.00.

Thats one issue. The other is, when I select any of the options (they all show the correct price) the cart total is always 0.00. The only way to have it display the actual cart total is to have a base product price in the field, but then what it does is add the base price and the option price together, and given option 1 for every product is for a single purchase this does make things a little difficult.

Can anyone offer any halp on this at all?

Post by spottedhaggis » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:36 pm

ok I think I may have figured out part 2 of the issue. With 0.00 in the price field it works as described in the previous post, but if I clear that field entirely it seems to now display the cart value accordingly.

This is great.

Now I just have to work out how to do some maths to display the price.

Post by spottedhaggis » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:54 pm

nope, sorry that has not worked after all.

Post by tophat » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:58 pm

spottedhaggis wrote:nope, sorry that has not worked after all.
Can you not have a base price of the lowest value item, and then add the difference to the different options. The price by options will display the full value. This is how we've done it if you read through earlier posts here.

Webmaster for: http://www.getlaidbeds.co.uk + www.mattressmoose.co.uk + www.pixellounge.co.uk

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:52 pm

tophat wrote:
spottedhaggis wrote:nope, sorry that has not worked after all.
Can you not have a base price of the lowest value item, and then add the difference to the different options. The price by options will display the full value. This is how we've done it if you read through earlier posts here.
Well that is how opencart normally works. This mod is to allow not doing it that way.
But the mod is simplistic.. it only grabs the lowest option price for 1 item.. it doesn't take into account for qty discounted items and I have no plans to add that.

Administrator

Post by paulseer » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:47 am

Hi,

I have your price_by_options.xml working fine, but I also wanted to use show_full_option_price.xml when I instal this the first one doesn't work. Am I missing something, do you have a mod that combines the two,

p.s will make a donation when all working or happy to pay for a mod

thanks
Paul

Post by spottedhaggis » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:44 pm

ok I found a mod to add a new field that allows the shop owner to put in the available from price he wants for each product, did this and I hid the actual product price field as it is not needed (used another mod that hides the price field if it is 0.00)

New issue now is that the shop will have 2 groups, normal every day customers and trade customers.

Trade customers will get a discount on any items they purchase, problem is there is no way to assign an option to a group?

Currently 5 options exist per product, each is a specified price and quantity. These work fine for normal shop users, but we need to have trade buyers, when they log in see a discounted price for their purchases rather than the normal retail price.

Can this be done at all.

Post by paulseer » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:56 pm

Ok sorted it out, these two do run ok side by side but for some reason had to uninstal one and then re install and it works.

Thanks
Paul

Post by vegaoldies » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:08 pm

nudge wrote:Hiya my first post!

I have purchased your multiple purchase mod and then used it with this mod all works perfectly. However as someone else asked on the screengrab you posted up the prices in the list dont have the +$100 etc they just have the list price of $100

On my screen I have all the plus signs which to some could be read as starting from $5 but if you want a ltr option +$10 which is the same as the drop down choice really just spread out!

How do you remove the + sign like on your screen?

I still cannot solve this. "+" sign is in front of every option.

Post by vegaoldies » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:18 pm

I'm qurious about multiple options. For example, if I have a store that sells tickets for some events, with pricing scheme as follows:

1. "Rise of the dark knigh 3D" on July 20th
1.a.1. Adult price: 10$
1.a.2. Child price: 7$
1.b.1. Popcorn small pack: 3$
1.b.2. Popcorn MegaPack: 5$

2. "Rise of the dark knigh 3D" on July 21st
2.a. Adult price: 13$
2.b. Child price: 9$

If using this mod, the price shown is "Rise of the dark knight 3D" starting at 3$, since the lowest price is 3$, but it is only popcorn...which cannot be bought separately...

Any advices?

Post by paulseer » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:00 am

Just noticed, if I put a product into featured it displays 0.00 price, is there a fix for this.

Post by viktorwills » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi, I purchased and installed price_update and installed price_by_options.xml. I am still getting + in front of all price options. Please tell me how to fix this. This is a link with example http://byoglobe.com/store/Chemicals/Bat ... s-25-(325)

I really need this fixed, I tried reinstalling many times - still getting + in front and the font of price is not bold.

If there is a way to remove + and make price bold by hand, I would do that.

Thanks
Viktor

Post by alan_82 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:55 am

Hi Qphoria,

Thanks for sharing this mod, it's really great, plus i love it with the Option Price Update Redux.

I've got a couple of questions i hope you can help with.

Lowest cost as total of multiple options
Is it possible to show the lowest price, as a combined of the lowest cost from each product each option?
I have one product option of design which is artificially lowering the cost of print work.

Compatible qty dropdown
The second question is if you know of a way to change the quantity field to a compatible drop down of set ordering quantities, like in the link below? I've tried the 'Global Quantity Drop Down List' plugin by hydrowire but it doesn't seem to work with the price update redux.

This is what i am trying to achieve:http://www.bullprint.com.au/business-ca ... ness-cards

I'd really appreciate any help or pointers, thanks again, and keep up the good work!

Alan

Post by wroughtec » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:12 pm

This breaks in OpenCart 1.54 as the follwoing has been removed from:

catalog/model/catalog/product.php

Code: Select all

if ($query->num_rows) {
			$query->row['price'] = ($query->row['discount'] ? $query->row['discount'] : $query->row['price']);
			$query->row['rating'] = (int)$query->row['rating'];

Post by misulicus » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:14 pm

hey guys
its my first time using vqmod.
ok so i installed vqmod..i got the success message but it does not show in admin or anywhere else

then i uploaded this xmlf file to vqmod/xml
i tried opening a product page but its not working
Product Code:
Availability: In Stock
Price: $0.00
Ex Tax: $0.00
Available Options

doesent show starting from, and its not changing when i select options.
All my options are Select boxes

Post by tophat » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:12 am

This whole price by options thing could really do with a revisit and brought in to opencart effectively. It seems there's a LOT of people needing this. We can't offer proper sale prices at the moment as the sale only works off the base which is just not working for us!! :(

Webmaster for: http://www.getlaidbeds.co.uk + www.mattressmoose.co.uk + www.pixellounge.co.uk

Post by Qphoria » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:39 am

wroughtec wrote:This breaks in OpenCart 1.54 as the follwoing has been removed from:

if ($query->num_rows) {
			$query->row['price'] = ($query->row['discount'] ? $query->row['discount'] : $query->row['price']);
Yea.. daniel keeps removing my simplified version for his long winded static and less functional version.

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:25 pm

Qphoria wrote:
wroughtec wrote:This breaks in OpenCart 1.54 as the follwoing has been removed from:

if ($query->num_rows) {
Yea.. daniel keeps removing my simplified version for his long winded static and less functional version.
So, convince him that your way is better :D

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by misulicus » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:01 pm

anyone has any idea why i cant get mine to work pls ?

i installed that vqmod log manager and i saw this

MOD DETAILS:
modFile : D:\wamp\www\daniopencart\vqmod\xml\price_by_options.xml
id : Starting At Option Price
version : 1.5.x
vqmver : 2.1.5
author : qphoria
SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): $query->row['price'] = ($query->row['discount'] ? $query->row['discount'] : $query->row['price']);

i looked in that file for the search string and its not there...whats misisng from the file? i havent edited it