Post by jirayu » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:25 pm

Hi
in opencart 1.5.3
I want to remove Company ID and Tax ID fields in check out page or change to not required fields.It's not necessary in my country. What file do i change?

Thank you.

Post by grgr » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:59 am

goto admin > sales > customers > customer group and set to no.

-
Image Image Image Image
VIEW ALL EXTENSIONS * EXTENSION SUPPORT * WEBSITE * CUSTOM REQUESTS

Location - UK

Post by Laxman » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:22 am

This is not working for me. No matter what i set the radial buttons to in back end both fields are displayed and required.

Tax ID and Company ID. I want tax Id to display not company ID. But even if i set all 4 buttons to no they remain on the registration form. ???

Any ideas?

Post by grgr » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Possibly an out of date template.

-
Image Image Image Image
VIEW ALL EXTENSIONS * EXTENSION SUPPORT * WEBSITE * CUSTOM REQUESTS

Location - UK

Post by Laxman » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:56 pm

I am using the default template on a Joomla site.

Surely there has to be a fix.

Post by fast-ip » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:26 pm

same problem here.... upgraded (flawlessly) from 1.5.1 to 1.5.3.1

Post by Laxman » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:22 am

starting to get desperate. At least two of us having this issue any thoughts?

Post by msmith » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:23 am

I have the same problem. Front end is not responding to back end - Doesn't matter what's changed it still shows Company ID and Tax ID required. I have installed ALL account and checkout default tpl's from 1.5.3.1... I have also tried removing all vqmods...

Any other idea from someone, please?

Post by msmith » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:30 am

SOLVED => Create new customer group and delete old "Default" group. The problem about this is you have change all client customer groups. This must have happened to people who updated from an older version to 1.5.3 / 1.5.3.1...

Post by drexmaster » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:18 am

You must select and enable on OPTIONS entry_customer_group_display.

Post by Laxman » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:59 am

msmith wrote:SOLVED => Create new customer group and delete old "Default" group. The problem about this is you have change all client customer groups. This must have happened to people who updated from an older version to 1.5.3 / 1.5.3.1...
I tried that first as i only had a few customers. I created a new group. moved all customers to the new group. Deleted all the old groups. Made no difference still showing Tax Id and company ID.

Any other ideas??

Post by drexmaster » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:18 am

Can you check if you have marked the costumer group as show here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/75925908/screen.jpg

Post by Laxman » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:20 am

drexmaster wrote:You must select and enable on OPTIONS entry_customer_group_display.

Ok sort of RESOLVED that worked now the buttons do display Company ID and Tax ID fields based on how you set the back end customer group options, but the problem is, I don't want to display Customer Groups at registration.

I will assign customers to groups later based on volume of purchases. Is there a way to get the Tax ID, company ID buttons to work without showing the Customer groups as selections during registration?

Thanks all

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:27 am

Laxman wrote:I don't want to display Customer Groups at registration.
Then be sure to only choose one customer group in the list of groups in the system->settings under the "Account" heading on the option tab

Administrator

Post by Laxman » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:29 am

Qphoria wrote:
Laxman wrote:I don't want to display Customer Groups at registration.
Then be sure to only choose one customer group in the list of groups in the system->settings under the "Account" heading on the option tab
Even with one customer group it doesn't work If I uncheck the box to display that one group in the system->settings under the "Account" heading on the option tab

But the point is I do want multiple customer groups in my shop that I have associated different discounts via your group discount add on Qphoria, I just don't want my customers selecting those groups at registration. For my very best customers I will assign different groups and associate progressive discounts to them based on monthly or annual sales volume.

All of the features I want exist and work fine for my b2b business. But If I don't check the customer group box and display customer groups (even one) then the company ID number field shows which I find no use for here in the US. Why would the company ID field be tied into the display of customer groups? It should display only when you choose to display it and make it required in the customer group setup. Perhaps there is a way I can just remove the company ID field from existence?

Post by Mazak » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:20 pm

I have the same problem in version 1.5.3.1

Location - Norway

Post by gambit » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:11 pm

me too.
b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: company_id_display in <b>/home/astralape/plymouthsupplements.co.uk/catalog/controller/checkout/guest.php</b> on line <b>214</b><b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: tax_id_display in <b>/home/astralape/plymouthsupplements.co.uk/catalog/controller/checkout/guest.php</b> on line <b>219</b><b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: company_id in <b>/home/astralape/plymouthsupplements.co.uk/catalog/controller/checkout/guest.php</b> on line <b>269</b><b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: tax_id in <b>/home/astralape/plymouthsupplements.co.uk/catalog/controller/checkout/guest.php</b> on line <b>270</b>[]
Any answers anyone? Is it possible to downgrade and keep all my data as I've had nothing but problems with 1.5.3

Post by futurestudios » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Getting something similar myself too. Issues surrounding adding a new address at checkout in 1.5.3

Post by Signman » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:35 am

I would also be interested in downgrading from 1.5.3.1, if i could remove the country ID field. Or if anyone has a suggestion on how to remove it directly.

Is there a process for downgrading?

Or is there anyone who knows what we have to do to eliminate the country ID field permanently?

Post by mcurtis » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:18 am

Any updates to this? No matter what i still can not hide the Tax ID and Company ID. I have followed everything from recreating, removing code.. still same crap.