Post by funguru » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:37 pm

My question might not be clear from the title but here is what i want to do..

I have a cart running on xyz.com and i have 2 currencies on it USD (default) and GBP.. i have a domain xyz.co.uk which is currently not in use.. i would like to redirect xyz.co.uk to xyz.com such that the cart opens with GBP currency displaying.

This way my UK vistors will see the pricing in pounds when they use the .co.uk domain.

or is there another way to do this?

Post by labeshops » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:31 pm

Why not just use multistores? Just set up the store on xyz.co.uk as a second store using multistores and set it's default currency to GBP in settings.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by funguru » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:51 pm

If i use the multi store option to use GBP as my default currency, then do i have to setup the entire store again on .co.uk and then add the same theme with the same setting and then upload all the products again?

Post by msmith » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:26 pm

funguru wrote:If i use the multi store option to use GBP as my default currency, then do i have to setup the entire store again on .co.uk and then add the same theme with the same setting and then upload all the products again?
NO: Same products, same clients, different domains, different language and currency.

Post by funguru » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:17 am

msmith wrote: NO: Same products, same clients, different domains, different language and currency.
I tried to add a store but it the admin asks for a url of where the store is located.. since i am not installing another store on the .co.uk domain, this might now work?

Post by msmith » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:07 am

Maybe this ir what your looking for =>

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=57516