Post by suzy » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:17 am

I am new to Open Cart and know nothing about PHP.

I received an email about the new upgrade being available. Yesterday I upgraded. Now I cannot insert new product. Since I am still adding information, I am not sure what else may not be working. Right now it is most important that I finish adding my product line.

After the upgrade was completed I did get an error that I had to remove the Install folder. I did read many posts on this website on how to do that and why it should be done. So I did remove the Install folder through my FTP software. Could I have deleted something that was important???

Thank you for any and all help that you can give me.
Suzy

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:00 am

What error do you receive while trying to add a product.Also check the error log and see if there is something.

Expert Member

Post by suzy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:53 am

When I try to insert a new product the screen goes completely blank. I have let it sit that way thinking it was trying to connect to something, but it never does.

Here is the error log message:

2012-06-01 20:50:17 - PHP Notice: Error: Table 'learning_ocar682.oc_customer_group_description' doesn't exist<br />Error No: 1146<br />SELECT * FROM oc_custom

If you are able to help me with this, I would truly appreciate it.
Thanks
Suzy

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:42 pm

That is very weird.
Access your store's database trough phpmyadmin from cpanel, and in the sql tab, run the query:

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE  `oc_customer_group_description` (
  `customer_group_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
  `language_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
  `name` varchar(32) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL,
  `description` text COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`customer_group_id`,`language_id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin;
This will add the missing table and hopefully it will solve the problem. You should also create atleast 1 customer group after you do this.

Expert Member

Post by suzy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:01 pm

Hello,
Thank you!!!!
That corrected that problem. I don't know yet, if I will run into any other problems.

I do need your help for two things. As I mentioned in my initial posting, I am VERY new to this.

1) Your last instruction to me was to create at least 1 customer group. Is that as simple as a group call "approved" and "guest", which I think would cover most situations.

2) Also, before I did the upgrade I did a backup to my computer. After I did the upgrade and made a new backup to my computer they are named "backup before upgrade" & "backup after upgrade".

When I encountered the problem I thought I would solve it by restoring the "backup be upgrade". However, that did not help and it was then that I posted to this forum.

So, am I running the upgrade version? or do I need to do the upgrade again, then follow the instructions in your post again.

I apologize for not understanding all of this. I sincerely appreciate your knowledge and your help.
Suzy

Post by suzy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:20 pm

Hello,
It is me again.

I just tried to add a Customer Group called Guest.
When I and done and select "Save" it goes to a blank screen, the same type of issue I was receiving when I tried to enter a new product - before you helped me.

If you will help me again, I appreciate it.

Thank you,
Suzy

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:48 pm

I am a little confused. But make sure that the files are the same version as the database. Dont run the store with 1521 files and 1531 database.

Expert Member

Post by suzy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:35 am

Hello,
I am so sorry to have caused confusion. It is my fault because I feel that I am unable to explain clearly what it happened. It is me that is truly confused.

I have restored the database from the backup that I had made after I upgraded the software. I think that puts the files and the database on the same version. Is there somewhere that I can look to see that the files and the database are the same version???

The fix that you sent me as a response to my initial request worked. I am able to enter new product description. Thank you!

You also said that I should have at least 1 customer group set up. I tried to do that. The screen comes up for me to fill in the name, description and select the radio buttons to yes or no, & sort order. After I have made my entries, I select save. The page goes blank and just sits there. (In the same way that it would do when I had the problem with entering new products.)

The error log is listed below.

2012-06-03 15:23:14 - PHP Notice: Error: Unknown column 'approval' in 'field list'<br />Error No: 1054<br />INSERT INTO oc_customer_group SET approval = '1', company_id_display = '0', company_id_required = '0', tax_id_display = '0', tax_id_required = '0', sort_order = '1' in /home/learning/public_html/store/system/database/mysql.php on line 49

I am hoping that you will be willing to help me again.

Thanking you in advance,
Suzy

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:16 am

Those errors suggest that the files and the db arent the same version. Maybe you messed up the databases when you restored it and uploadded the old one instead.

Expert Member

Post by jrotem » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:27 pm

Thank you to both of you for this thread. I was having the same insert/edit product problem. Fixed now!

Post by ermotorsport » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:46 am

I'm getting the following message and it is appearing on my website as well as giving me problems within opencart. I applied the above fix in myphp but the problem is still occurring, does anyone have any thoughts?

Notice: Undefined index: bottom in /home2/xxx/public_html/catalog/controller/common/footer.php on line 26