Post by imaginetech » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:09 pm

Simple insertion of Google Analytics code without editing template files etc.
http://www.imaginetech.com.au/downloads ... cs.1.0.zip

www.opencartstore.com
Get OpenCart Templates and OpenCart Modules.

Location - Darwin, Australia

Post by Qphoria » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:29 pm

Very cool. One question tho, it seems to put the code above the opening DOCTYPE tag... I thought the DOCTYPE tag always had to be at the top.

Administrator

Post by imaginetech » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:46 pm

Qphoria wrote:Very cool. One question tho, it seems to put the code above the opening DOCTYPE tag... I thought the DOCTYPE tag always had to be at the top.
Technically yes, however it should work fine. It's a bit of a hack doing it this way but seemed more logical than editing core files or automagically editing the selected template footer.tpl file when the settings are saved. Both of which would make upgrading a pain.

Be interested to see how it works for people, especially those still using IE6 or similar "vintage" 8) browsers.

www.opencartstore.com

Post by Qphoria » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:51 am

Well it seems IE doesn't like it. FF & Chrome don't care. But if you look at your site with IE8 you will notice it shifts it all funky so that's not gonna work.

Technically since its just <script> tags, it should be easy to just create an empty tpl file to load as if it were an invisible sidebox. Then have it load like a normal module. There is no w3c requirement on where to put script tags, just as long as they are after the doctype.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:02 am

Nice. Very creative way to add the tpl file too :P

Administrator

Post by Amok » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:43 pm

Code: Select all

Error: Could not load template /httpdocs/shop/catalog/view/theme/default/template/module/googleanalytics.tpl!
Any hints for me?

Post by imaginetech » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Amok wrote:

Code: Select all

Error: Could not load template /httpdocs/shop/catalog/view/theme/default/template/module/googleanalytics.tpl!
Any hints for me?
Hi, check your permissions on the controller file. The install doesn't actually come with a template (tpl) file it gets generated on the first run by the controller file. So, you have to make sure that the controller file has write access to the file system.

Hope that helps.

www.opencartstore.com

Post by Amok » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:55 pm

edit: gotcha .. wrong permissions on a directory ;)

Post by myopen » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:24 pm

Hello ... and congratulations for your modules .. are really very good. I wanted to ask you something. How could change this module so that it can also be used as a module for inserting html code only in the side column?? I need one of your hand because your module is perfect ... serves only one who can give the possibility to insert in the side column ... and of course that is called "HTML form", so it can be inserted into the list of modules (for activation and deactivation).

Can you help to create it ... believe me it is very useful for many who want to put external modules that work only with the inclusion of HTML code. As you can modify for this purpose?

thanks ... You are unique

Post by imaginetech » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:07 am

myopen wrote:Hello ... and congratulations for your modules .. are really very good. I wanted to ask you something. How could change this module so that it can also be used as a module for inserting html code only in the side column?? I need one of your hand because your module is perfect ... serves only one who can give the possibility to insert in the side column ... and of course that is called "HTML form", so it can be inserted into the list of modules (for activation and deactivation).

Can you help to create it ... believe me it is very useful for many who want to put external modules that work only with the inclusion of HTML code. As you can modify for this purpose?

thanks ... You are unique
Just Released

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6399

www.opencartstore.com

Post by imaginetech » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:01 pm

RELEASED

Google Analytics v1.2 Module

FEATURES

Major Fix (Now it works properly)

INSTALLATION

Unzip and follow INSTALL.TXT instructions.

MAKE SURE TO DELETE YOUR CURRENT googleanalytics.tpl FILE IN:
catalog/view/theme/YOURTHEME/template/module/

DOWNLOAD

http://www.shop.imaginetech.com.au

www.opencartstore.com

Post by LLoSER » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:38 pm

Wen I delete de file in: catalog/view/theme/YOURTHEME/template/module/, and I install de new module I have this message error:

Warning: fopen(/var/www/vhosts/sobrenaranjas.es/httpdocs/catalog/view/theme/default/template/module/googleanalytics.tpl) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/vhosts/sobrenaranjas.es/httpdocs/catalog/controller/module/googleanalytics.php on line 17Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/vhosts/sobrenaranjas.es/httpdocs/catalog/controller/module/googleanalytics.php on line 18Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/vhosts/sobrenaranjas.es/httpdocs/catalog/controller/module/googleanalytics.php on line 19Error: Could not load template /var/www/vhosts/sobrenaranjas.es/httpdocs/catalog/view/theme/default/template/module/googleanalytics.tpl!

Thank You

Post by LLoSER » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:58 pm

Sorry its OK. Wrong permissions on a directory

Post by myopen » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:13 am

hello,
demand. I installed the module for Google Analytics .. everything ok in admin and user side .. but I do not understand a thing .. after I added the Google Analytics code, if I'm going to see the source code of the pages is not no Google Analytics code inside .. why? And Google Analytics not detecting my site .. is as if the code is not reported on your form .. why?

Post by imaginetech » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:57 am

myopen wrote:hello,
demand. I installed the module for Google Analytics .. everything ok in admin and user side .. but I do not understand a thing .. after I added the Google Analytics code, if I'm going to see the source code of the pages is not no Google Analytics code inside .. why? And Google Analytics not detecting my site .. is as if the code is not reported on your form .. why?
Hi MyOpen,

Ok, previous versions had some errors that may or may not have reported stats to Google Analytics. I have had some users say stats came through but others had not.

This version should work 100% for everyone cause it fixed a mistake in the previous versions.

You need to follow the instructions carefully, read the install.txt file and make sure you remove your exisitng googleanalytics.tpl file. You can do this before or after you install the module but it MUST be removed.

A new googlenalytics.tpl file will be created automatically the first time the code is run.

Now, if you do not have any Google Analytics code showing up in your pages:

1. Check module is enabled and code is inserted.
2. DELETE googleanalytics.tpl file as per install.txt
3. Make sure that you have your directory permissions set correctly. The code needs write permissions on the catalog/template directory.

Remember that Google Analytics only updates every 24 hours or so, so be prepared to wait.

Hope that helps.

www.opencartstore.com

Post by myopen » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:03 am

hello .. yes now .. code was published on the page .. but I do not understand a thing. and google does not find my code that I have with your module.
Have you any advice please?

Post by imaginetech » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:24 am

myopen wrote:hello .. yes now .. code was published on the page .. but I do not understand a thing. and google does not find my code that I have with your module.
Have you any advice please?
Can you post a link to the site your talking about?

www.opencartstore.com

Post by myopen » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:44 am

ok .. now seems to work .. I'll know tomorrow if Google Analitycs works well and finds all the pages .. so to see if the module funciona well. Now do the tests tomorrow and let you know ....
.. as always ... thanks for everything ... you're a special person

Post by richard211986 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:10 am

im having problems too with this module ive uploaded all the new files and deleted the original tpl file and put in the new one but google still seems to be having a problem reading the code. i can see the through the source view that the coding is on there but its still not picking it up and ive waited a few days =/ heres my site www.thegadgetshack.co.uk.

thanks
Richard