Post by straightlight » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:05 am

On the contrary, which is exactly what this fix describes ... to maintain all the options.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rph » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:03 am

straightlight wrote:I'm not sure why criticism keeps going on here but I did explicitly mentioned above that other users also reported issues regarding the options.
If the issue exists it needs to be properly identified and fixed in the core. You said you personally reproduced the issue yet you're not providing any steps on how to do so or identifying problematic code. I can't even figure out what you think the problem is. You say it preserves options but I don't know what that means since the default method already preserves option_id and option_value_id on an edit.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by straightlight » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:08 am

You say it preserves options but I don't know what that means since the default method already preserves option_id and option_value_id on an edit.
While I appreciate the opinion there, if this were true, no reports regarding the other way around by others would be posted above nor 'then' for me the need to post a fix for it.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rph » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:10 am

ktriggs wrote:This issue was not resolved in 1.5.2 as stated
1.5.2 isn't published yet ktriggs. You would need to push the appropriate files off the SVN.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by ktriggs » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:10 am

I can reproduce the problem by clicking edit on any one of my products that has a bunch of options. Obviously if they don't have many options, the issue does not occur. When you click edit the page just loads and loads and loads...When you click the options tab, it continues to load and load and eventually you will see all of you option groups on the left. If you click into these groups on the left it will then show the options for that 'Group' on the right. 6 times out of 10 the options fail to load. Then, if you don't notice it and hit save...the options are gone. You have to go through each option group and verify all the options are there, and then make your changes and hit save. If the options do not load, then you have to refresh the page until they do.

rph, I believe I PM'd you about this a while back. I'm the guy from Lincoln!

Post by ktriggs » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:12 am

rph wrote:
ktriggs wrote:This issue was not resolved in 1.5.2 as stated
1.5.2 isn't published yet ktriggs. You would need to push the appropriate files off the SVN.
My bad. I've got a custom vQmod that I'm using to fix this issue. I'll continue to use that until 1.5.2 comes out.

Thanks!

Post by straightlight » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:16 am

Then, if you don't notice it and hit save...the options are gone. You have to go through each option group and verify all the options are there, and then make your changes and hit save. If the options do not load, then you have to refresh the page until they do.
I believe this completes on how this problem really occurs. Thank you. I'm glad to have published that fix so that this procedure is no longer required to find out if the options were properly saved and even when saved properly to see the results after a certain time. My changes are instant and no need to refresh the page whatsoever. :)

The only time delay would be needed to see the results is only when cache is involved. From that point, not much that can be done to reduce the delay for showing the next results. :/

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rph » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:36 am

ktriggs wrote:I can reproduce the problem by clicking edit on any one of my products that has a bunch of options.
That's a different, known issue that's fixed in the 1.5.2 svn (I have seen it multiple times myself too). It can also be alleviated by turning on useCache in VQMod. There's just some confusion on what's causing it. It's not the edit options function at Admin->Catalog->Options (very simple testing or looking at the database will show that). It's the AJAX callback. That's why hitting refresh will often re-populate the product option values correctly (as long as you don't save when the product option value is missing it will still be there).
rph, I believe I PM'd you about this a while back. I'm the guy from Lincoln!
Just when you think we're almost out of winter, right? :) I'm so spoiled after such a great January.

I was hoping to get conditional options out today but it's going to be a couple more days. The Admin product form validation stuff is rapidly getting very complex.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by ktriggs » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:00 am

Oh yeah, I messaged you about the conditional options, not the disappearing options.

Good to know this will be fixed in 1.5.2. I found some users that have given up on OpenCart because of all the bugs, but from what I can tell there is quite the community here to support the major issues.

Hopefully that was our only big snow storm for the year! :)

Post by Brook » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:12 pm

I have read that there is a possible fix in the latest 1.5.2 Google SVN for disappearing options. What files do I need to get from the Google SVN to implement the fix on my OprenCart 1.5.1.3 install?

Post by rph » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:55 am

Brook wrote:I have read that there is a possible fix in the latest 1.5.2 Google SVN for disappearing options. What files do I need to get from the Google SVN to implement the fix on my OprenCart 1.5.1.3 install?
Haven't tested it so back up the original files then replace them with:

admin/controller/catalog/product.php
admin/model/catalog/product.php
admin/view/template/catalog/product_form.tpl

Of course this is a 1.5.1.3/pre-1.5.2 fix only.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by faceup » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:56 am

Hi,

Is there any confirmation that this has been fixed in versions 1.5.2 and greater. It looks like this problem occurs when lots of options are loaded in via AJAX, it takes a long time to load these options which means some options may not be populated at the point of saving, saving when the options are not populated results in some options not being saved with the product.

Anyone still having this issue with versions 1.5.2+? Are options and option values still loaded via AJAX?

Post by straightlight » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:01 am

Hi faceup,

the discussion from this topic should give you some insights regarding the flexibility of this fix with v1.5.2.1 release: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=4980

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rph » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:11 am

faceup wrote:Hi,

Is there any confirmation that this has been fixed in versions 1.5.2 and greater. It looks like this problem occurs when lots of options are loaded in via AJAX, it takes a long time to load these options which means some options may not be populated at the point of saving, saving when the options are not populated results in some options not being saved with the product.

Anyone still having this issue with versions 1.5.2+? Are options and option values still loaded via AJAX?
Your assessment is absolutely correct. And yes, this issue is fixed in 1.5.2.x.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by Debbiea » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:10 am

This fixed my problem. Thank you ;D

Debbie

Post by straightlight » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:26 pm

Which one ?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Cartyhe » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:36 am

straightlight wrote:There's no where to be said that this fix was about the product options but rather on the admin catalog options as per the subject states. It is clearly that you have misread the description.
Well, I would have thought you have the wrong title and imagined it should have been "Catalog > Products > Options"!
Why?
Because I have no tabs at all under your title, but the exact tabs I can find under my "imagined" title. Or is your post not relevant to version 1.5.3.1?
Again, in my version, 1.5.3.1 I have "NO TABS" in "Category > Options" !!!
See attached screen-shot for confirmation!

Attachments

cat-opt.png

cat-opt.png (30.29 KiB) Viewed 6072 times

Post by straightlight » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:01 am

The screenshot you demonstrate is indeed from the Catalog - > Options page ... not from the Catalog - > Products - > Options page ...

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by karlpers » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:14 am

Thanks a lot rph for the xml-file!

+ Karma for you pal!

Post by cpuricelli » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:27 am

that seems to have solved my issue (OC 1.5.1.3), toegether with this:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=47290

I also increased post size and max input vars!

:)