Post by bizready » Mon May 07, 2012 2:08 am

I have added multiple shops,but can NOT filter either category or products based on the specific store.

Right now, if I go to http://shopA.domain.com it does not SHOW specific category and products of shopA. Instead it shows category and products from default/parent store.

I wanted to have
ShapA
Cat1 (Prod11, Prod12), Cat1 (Prod21, Prod22)
ParentShop
Cat0 (Prod01, Prod02)

Documentation suggests that above can be acheived http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ure&path=4, but for some reason I can not nail that down.

Can this be achieved? Any help is appreciated.

Post by labeshops » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:02 pm

You just need to assign the categories and products to one store or the other or both when you add or edit them.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by HorseMagic » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:36 pm

Is there a guide for setting up the multi store, I have searched the boards but the info is so lacking as well as my understanding that I can't figure out how to set it up, I have had three goes and I still don't understand what to do :-[

Anita

Location - Australia

Post by bt.kieding » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:11 pm

You can get SSL for mutiple domains in one IP, just google it....

Post by misterstefi » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:10 am

Hello,
i am willing to run a multi-site install. i will have the installation made on a main domain. The question is: do the other domains wich i want to run on the same install have to be subdomains or parked domains of the maine domain on which the installation is made?
I would like each domain to have their own cpanels and be standalone domains. Is this possible?

Best Regards

Post by misterstefi » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:11 am

Hello,
i am willing to run a multi-site install. i will have the installation made on a main domain. The question is: do the other domains wich i want to run on the same install have to be subdomains or parked domains of the maine domain on which the installation is made?
I would like each domain to have their own cpanels and be standalone domains. Is this possible?

Best Regards

Post by mansabbas » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:15 am

hai friends,

got a error when pointing two subdomain...
my main domain all pages working well, but my subdomain when click some products its "product not found"... why its happen..??? any solutions..???

thanks...

Post by labeshops » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:02 am

mansabbas wrote:hai friends,

my main domain all pages working well, but my subdomain when click some products its "product not found"... why its happen..??? any solutions..???

thanks...
If only on some products, my guess is you forgot to assign them to the second store. Edit the product > links and make sure it is set for the second store.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by labeshops » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:06 am

misterstefi wrote:Hello,

Best Regards
Not totally following your question and think you may be confused on how domains work.

They don't have to be sub domains and you don't want to park them either (parking means there is nothing on them - they are "stored" for future use). Domains are not associated with each other unless you use subdomains.

Your hosting account has a cpanel, not the domain, so you can log into the cpanel using any of your domain names on your hosting account. Technically, each domain IS a standalone domain. Running opencart on it doesn't change the domain - just the software accessed when someone visits that domain.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by mansabbas » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:17 pm

labeshops wrote:
mansabbas wrote:hai friends,

thanks...
If only on some products, my guess is you forgot to assign them to the second store. Edit the product > links and make sure it is set for the second store.
thanks alots, i followed your instruction, its working now....
this is the right way for mobile them also..???
because this subdomain i want use use for mobile theme... when using mobile them i need to add any extra modules.?

Post by labeshops » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:00 pm

Mobile depends on the theme you are using and any mobile plugins you might be using. The responsive themes auto resize for mobile. Check your site from a mobile device and see if you like it then go from there. You can edit a mobile template the same way you edit any template.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by mansabbas » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:46 pm

labeshops wrote:Mobile depends on the theme you are using and any mobile plugins you might be using. The responsive themes auto resize for mobile. Check your site from a mobile device and see if you like it then go from there. You can edit a mobile template the same way you edit any template.
thanks

Post by HorseMagic » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:45 pm

labeshops wrote:Unfortunately I don't know a lot about SSL but I have one ssl certificate on my labeshops.com domain that is used for all stores using the multistore SSL mod in the extensions section. You've lost me on the 80 port thing - don't know what that is. I have the ssl directory for each store set to https://www.labeshops.com/ and ssl enabled on them.

I'm using Labeshops.com as a common checkout for all my stores as it is the domain for my company itself, so in my case this works. If you wanted totally unique, unconnected domains using multistores though, you'd probably need a separate SSL certificate for each.

It's working for me other than a few weird layout issues and link problems I'm still working on.
Labeshops I am unable to find the multistore ssl mod that you speak of, currently I have set up multistore but I don't know how to make all the stores go through domain1, would this mod help?

Anita

Location - Australia

Post by brandama » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:18 pm

mersfire wrote:The cost of static IP's and SSL certificates are not an issue for us, but it's unclear how to setup Opencart multi store to work across different IP's.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Looking into this now. Did you figure anything out?