Post by Global Titans » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:19 pm

Why opencart dont have auto update sevice?
The updating from old to new version is little bit time consuming and confusing

http://Shopix.me - Natural herbs and more.. - online shop

Post by yammy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:05 am

I have that patched version of 1.5.2.1 ( with aaaaaall fixes from bug threads )..

Then What's the best way of updating it to 1.5.3.1 ?

I ran winmerge to check the difference, and it says there's over 2000 files different. This it not very helpfull :/

Can I copy all files on top of the older ones and run that upgrade script ? Or can I just run some small sql for the new changes only ?

[]s

Post by avriukas » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:57 pm

Hello,

VAT ID field is great and required feature for us, but this field does not appear in customer registration form.
I found it ONLY in SALES - CUSTOMERS - ADDRESS 2 (after adding second address to user)
IN ADDRESS 1 - I see only Company ID: field but not a VAT ID.
I have turned VAT validation ON.
Using 1.5.3.1 fresh install.

???

Thank You

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:18 pm

avriukas wrote:Hello,

VAT ID field is great and required feature for us, but this field does not appear in customer registration form.
I found it ONLY in SALES - CUSTOMERS - ADDRESS 2 (after adding second address to user)

???

Thank You
Admin->Sales->Customers->Customer Groups->Edit

Administrator

Post by mirek » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:21 pm

avriukas wrote:Hello,

???

Thank You
Hi,
you have to enable Tax ID in Sales -> Customer -> Customer group.
If you have only one "Deafult" customer group, click edit and you will see settings for Company and Tax ID.

VAT Number Validation don't have to be turned on, it just validates if VAT No is correct (IMHO).

Post by avriukas » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:04 am

Uf! Works. Thank You very much! I cant not found these info anythere.

Post by Baylas » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:28 pm

Work effort over a very good health, but it is no longer welcome in Turkish support.

Web Tasarım ve Programlama
http://www.baylas.com

Location - Turkey

Post by Daniel » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:49 pm

seems the customer tax field is very popular. don;t worry i will have a look at it tomorrow.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Screwball » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:47 am

I'm loving Opencart and the simplicity of it all. Obviously a lot of hard work has gone into this. I am however surprised that there is no Google Checkout/Wallet payment module included as standard. The extensions available are limited as far as I can see. There are two but the free extension is long outdated and not compatible with the current 1.5.3/1.5.3.1 and the paid version requires dedicated SSL certification. It's my one biggest disappointment with otherwise excellent software.

Post by bull5-i » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:12 pm

It would be nice to see the Admin Alert Mails sent out in admin language not in the language the order was made in. I would consider this as a bug, as the admin person who receives the alert emails, may only understand the admin language (for example English) and knows nothing about Chinese (the order language). What point is having a single global admin language if not all admin actions can be carried out in that language?

|V|355 \/\/17|-| 7}{3 |3357, ... [you know the rest]

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

All mods & extensions by me

Post by Daniel » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:38 am

Screwball wrote:I'm loving Opencart and the simplicity of it all. Obviously a lot of hard work has gone into this. I am however surprised that there is no Google Checkout/Wallet payment module included as standard. The extensions available are limited as far as I can see. There are two but the free extension is long outdated and not compatible with the current 1.5.3/1.5.3.1 and the paid version requires dedicated SSL certification. It's my one biggest disappointment with otherwise excellent software.

its coming. after next month.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by chawk » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:22 am

You got one hell of a thing going on with opencart. I have reviewed many shopping cart frameworks and opencart seems to have the pay per store sites shaking in their knees. Good Job !!!

Post by chawk » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:24 am

Having Google Checkout will be great. I ran into the same problem. I host my store on Webfaction shared servers with no problems. After a week of messing with Google Checkout I gave up on them. It will be nice to have that option though.

Post by Reelax » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi,

Where are the reward points gone? I can't find them anymore in my shop, and also can't find them in the official demo of OpenCart. How can we add reward points to order? don't find any "+" button.

Thanks

Post by tophat » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi Daniel,

Fantastic work for the record and I hope you are enjoying life in HK now (amazing city hey). I'll certainly make some contribution in the near future as a sign of our gratitude for your hard work. It's clear that Opencart is now leading the way forward and I very much prefer it over Magento you'll be glad to know!

My real question here, is that I am intrigued to know what you have planned for the future releases of Opencart? The latest release 1.5.3 looks excellant with its order editing capabilities and this is something we strongly need as we're running 1.5.1.3! The reason I ask to what is in the next versions is to do with whether we upgrade now or wait...? I know upgrading shouldn't be too much of a struggle, but it will be unfortunately and costly due to the coding work we've changed and many extensions and custom extensions we've built in. Time is money and all..

(Also to note, my only quibble I struggle with opencart is the facility to have effective Sales on items that are priced through options. For us, pricing by options is the only way we can price due to custom sizes and therefore our Sale prices never align which can cause confusion we've found. Its still an excellant platform and I appreciate you can't tackle every unique shop such as ours, I'm just thinking if you want to make it perfect, that would be my only suggestion)

Cheers,

Webmaster for: http://www.getlaidbeds.co.uk + www.mattressmoose.co.uk + www.pixellounge.co.uk

Post by BlurryDude » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:57 am

Will there be an update to the technical manuals anytime soon?

Post by Daniel » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:43 pm

the whole main oc site is in the process of a rewrite.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:48 pm

Any chance on a "final" 1.5.3.x release soon?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Daniel » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:47 pm

maybe the end of the month.

i have a new guy starting on the 16th. i want him to write the google checkout extension then clean up any out standing bugs before release.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:43 pm

Daniel wrote:maybe the end of the month.

i have a new guy starting on the 16th. i want him to write the google checkout extension then clean up any out standing bugs before release.
OK, I hope this can be done ;)

Then I can start en upgrade my current 1.4.9.x store and build a second one for my wife.
She is all over me about that ;D

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands