Post by oz457 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:09 am

Can someone tell me IF and where you can see in the SQL database in which language ID a customer viewed/views your website?
I have gone through all SQL database fields, but I cannot find this entry.
The reason why I want to know the language ID the customer chooses to view the website, is that I put the customers depending on the language ID in a customer group (dutch/french/English in my case) and I can do language dependent mailings to the customers.
Maybe other solutions exist.

Post by Avvici » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:34 am

The table is 'language' and the field is language_id

However, If you want to get the language ID from the store settings then run a check like this:

Code: Select all

$language = (int)$this->config->get('config_language_id') ;

if($language == 2){

//do this

}

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by oz457 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:02 am

I know about the Language entry.
Maybe my question is not clear.
Using a multilanguage website, visitors will select a specific language for them. When they register, they'll get a confirmation of their registration. This confirmation will be sent in any of the LANGUAGE_ID's. How can I see what is the language they have chosen at the registration?
Depending on the chosen language, I want to put the customer in a customer group, for example group DUCTH for those who view the website in Dutch, a FRENCH group for those who visited the website in French, etc.
When I do mailings, I will be able to do language dependent mailings.

Post by Avvici » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:22 am

Registering in a certain language does not log the language ID to that customer. Are you saying that you customized it to do so? If not....then no it doesn't. This is why you can't find it because it does not exist relating to a customers registration.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC