Post by ruspect » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:04 am

Qphoria wrote:
ruspect wrote:Have you guys fixed in 1.5.3 an issue with Canadian currency, I mean ISO CAD-CDN codding for paypal?
Thx
No such issue. Be sure you use "CAD" for currencies. Paypal already uses CAD as does the rest of the world
Seems I missed something ??? but I still cant proceed in canadian dollars cause by default for canada opencart places CDN instead of CAD.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:28 am

OpenCart doesn't come with CDN pre-installed
You entered that yourself when you added that currency. But CDN is fake and non-official. A guess I would assume as to what your own currency code is, but an incorrect guess. Also see a lot of people incorrectly guess "CAN". Change it to "CAD" as that is the international Standard that all currency conversions and payment gateways use. When changing to CAD you might start seeing errors from older orders that can no longer convert so you may also need to run this command in phpmyadmin:

Code: Select all

update `order` set currency_code = 'CAD' where currency_code = 'CDN';

Administrator

Post by slingeraap » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Qphoria wrote:
slingeraap wrote:When setting Company ID and Tax ID in the shop settings to 'Not required', during checkout (first step) both display an asterik as if they are required.
I think this only happens if you don't check a default group for registration in the System->Settings under the Options tab under the "Accounts" area for "Customer Groups:"
Thanks, you are right. I overlooked that, sorry.

Post by garydee77 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Lads - my problem is similar to an early bug posted on Page 1 - but try as I might , I cannot solve it...

UPGRADED from 1.5.2.1 to 1.5.3.1

All seemed to go fine - but just testing checkout - when i add products to cart, go to checkout page

If I choose Guest checkout, on step 2 I fill out all details and then the following error pops up:

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character
OK
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined index:  company_id in <b>/home/users/xxxxx/html/xxxxx.co.uk/catalog/controller/checkout/guest.php</b> on line <b>269</b><b>Notice</b>: Undefined index:  tax_id in <b>/home/users/xxxxx/html/xxxxx.co.uk/catalog/controller/checkout/guest.php</b> on line <b>270</b>[]
Tried to Checkout using Register account - BUT on step 2 the Region/State field does not populate - therefore validation kicks off asking to choose one when I try to proceed to step 3.....

Brain fried guys - any help appreciated here.....

Final question - if I wanted to revert back to a backed version of 1.5.2.1 - is it a case of restoring the DB sql file in the admin - then deleted and ftping back up all the files I backed up?? Is it that straight forward??

Thanks in advance...
G

Post by Qphoria » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:53 am

garydee77 wrote: If I choose Guest checkout, on step 2 I fill out all details and then the following error pops up:

OK
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined index:  company_id in <b>/home/users/xxxxx/html/xxxxx.co.uk/catalog/controller/checkout/guest.php</b> on line <b>269</b><b>Notice</b>: Undefined index:  tax_id in <b>/home/users/xxxxx/html/xxxxx.co.uk/catalog/controller/checkout/guest.php</b> on line <b>270</b>[]
If your getting that error, it is related to your theme not supporting the new company_id and tax_id fields.
For now you can try this for a temporary solution

1. EDIT 3 FILES:
catalog/controller/checkout/guest.php
catalog/controller/checkout/register.php
catalog/controller/account/register.php

2. FIND IN ALL 3:

public function validate() {
3. AFTER, ADD (IN ALL 3):

if (!isset($this->request->post['tax_id'])) { $this->request->post['tax_id'] = false; }
if (!isset($this->request->post['company_id'])) { $this->request->post['company_id'] = false; }

Administrator

Post by dennykb-d » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:18 am

Hi, ive just installed the latest opencart v1.5.3.1 with the dutch language pack
and i found this bug:
If i set the store settings language in dutch then there are no customers showing up.
when i set it in english then they are showing up.

If already compared the sale/customer.php language file but these are correct

Post by i2Paq » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:51 pm

dennykb-d wrote:Hi, ive just installed the latest opencart v1.5.3.1 with the dutch language pack
and i found this bug:
If i set the store settings language in dutch then there are no customers showing up.

You are the first to "see" this!

I'm pretty sure that you did something wrong.

En ik spreek uit zeer veel ervaring ;)

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by dennykb-d » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:19 pm

i2Paq wrote:
dennykb-d wrote:Hi, ive just installed the latest opencart v1.5.3.1 with the dutch language pack
and i found this bug:

You are the first to "see" this!

I'm pretty sure that you did something wrong.

En ik spreek uit zeer veel ervaring ;)
Voor geinstalleerd rechtstreeks uit het controlpanel van de hoster, niks aangepast.
Wat kan ik hier fout aan doen? Heb zelfs geprobeerd om de bestanden te overschrijven met de originele download. Blijft hetzelfde.

Post by garydee77 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:28 pm

Qphoria wrote:
garydee77 wrote: If I choose Guest checkout, on step 2 I fill out all details and then the following error pops up:

OK
If your getting that error, it is related to your theme not supporting the new company_id and tax_id fields.
For now you can try this for a temporary solution

1. EDIT 3 FILES:
catalog/controller/checkout/guest.php
catalog/controller/checkout/register.php

2. FIND IN ALL 3:

3. AFTER, ADD (IN ALL 3):

if (!isset($this->request->post['tax_id'])) { $this->request->post['tax_id'] = false; }
if (!isset($this->request->post['company_id'])) { $this->request->post['company_id'] = false; }

Good man Qphoria - this got my GUEST checkout running again but if the user chooses REGISTER Then the Region/County dropdown box still empty.... will have to see if third party template provider can provide a fix for all

Tell me this - I made a backup of my site before the upgrade - if I wanted to revert back to version 1.5.2.1 is this the process:

1) Restore the DB sql file I backed up via the OC admin control panel
2) Delete all the online files via FTP and just reupload all the files I had backed up via FTP before the upgrade??

Will that restore the site as is, or would the 1.5.3.1 upgrade script have made DB changes that would cause problems if I went backwards?

Just want to have a full working version of OC with the template I have....

PS In the fix you gave me above, the code you said to search for is not in the third page you mention i.e.

not found in:

I did find it in the previous two pages, added your code and yes that removed the error I was having in GUEST checkout - but as I said - the REGISTER still causing probs with missin Regions dropdown box values

If you could let me know about the backwards Opencart setup I mention above Id be very grateful before doing

Thanks

Post by mclaughlin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:24 am

Hi guys, this is my first contribution to the opencart community.

I noticed that for Greek companies the VAT check system doesn't work correctly. This happens because the system/helper/vat.php file on line 38 inappropriately uses the array_search function which searches for the array values, not keys. Greece is the only country that uses different prefixes for VAT numbers and opencart language so the problem came to be for Greece only at the time.

So a simple fix is this:

1. Edit file:
system/helper/vat.php

2. Change lines 38-39 to:

if (array_key_exists($prefix, $iso_code_2_data)) {
		$response = file_get_contents('http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/viesquer.do?ms=' . $iso_code_2_data[$prefix] . '&iso=' . $iso_code_2_data[$prefix] . '&vat=' . $number);

If you want you can also remove whitespace from the vat number which breaks checking (cases like 'GB 32323232') and always allows the registration:

Change line 35 to:

$number = str_replace(' ','',substr($number, 2));
You can also remove dashes if you think someone mistakenly would use a "GB-32323232" format.

Post by i2Paq » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:08 am

mclaughlin wrote: I noticed that for Greek companies the VAT check system doesn't work correctly.
This we all know!

The Greeks do not pay any takes and thats why they are in trouble now.

:laugh:

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by mclaughlin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:52 am

i2Paq wrote:
mclaughlin wrote: I noticed that for Greek companies the VAT check system doesn't work correctly.
This we all know!

The Greeks do not pay any takes and thats why they are in trouble now.

:laugh:
lol not true, only the rich and politicians don't pay taxes in Greece, the poor are slowly dying every day from heavy taxing and heavy cuts. Please don't fall for the propaganda they use in some European countries to make you accept new taxing schemes. Greece is just a scapegoat. You'll soon understand. The Greek revolution will lead the way ;)

Sorry for the off topic but can't stand this lie as an honest and really hardworking Greek :)

Post by jurpro » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:02 am

Hallo... I'm using OC 1.5.3.1 version with default currancy is IDR. The problem is when I was using OC 1.5.3 the currancies is fine with update daily. But in 1.5.3.1 the currancies become error for others except USD.
example:
IDR (default) = 1.000000
USD = 0.000105932
EUR = 0.0000837769

But the next day the currancies become :
IDR (default) = 1.000000
USD = 0.00010000
EUR = 0.0001000
All the same become flat rate to 0.0001

But if I'm using USD, the currancies will be fine for another next days.
Anyone could help??
Thank you

Cari album edisi luar negeri? Atau dalam negeri juga bisa. Kunjungi saja http://www.sawios.com Semoga bisa membantu. :)

Post by ruspect » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:38 pm

Qphoria wrote:OpenCart doesn't come with CDN pre-installed
You entered that yourself when you added that currency. But CDN is fake and non-official. A guess I would assume as to what your own currency code is, but an incorrect guess. Also see a lot of people incorrectly guess "CAN". Change it to "CAD" as that is the international Standard that all currency conversions and payment gateways use. When changing to CAD you might start seeing errors from older orders that can no longer convert so you may also need to run this command in phpmyadmin:

update `order` set currency_code = 'CAD' where currency_code = 'CDN';
Seems I got the problem you mentioned above,
Notice: Undefined index: CDN in /home/content/**/html/system/library/currency.php on line 55Notice: Undefined index: CDN in /home/content/**/html/system/library/currency.php on line 56 etc
would you be able to advice how to run the command in phpmyadmin?

Thank you

Post by kelo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:17 pm

please fix view counter at report->product-view.. it start count on 3 at first view... thanks..

Location - Indonesia

Post by fullphat » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:22 pm

Has the issue regard coupons and paypal been fixed in this update?

I'm referring to the issue where if your coupon / gift card takes the carts value below 0, paypal standard ignores it.

And if the cart's value is 0, it still takes you through to a payment processor rather than giving an instant success page, (you can't pay for 0, which is an unnecessary process)

Thanks

Post by jurpro » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:51 am

jurpro wrote:Hallo... I'm using OC 1.5.3.1 version with default currancy is IDR. The problem is when I was using OC 1.5.3 the currancies is fine with update daily. But in 1.5.3.1 the currancies become error for others except USD.
example:
IDR (default) = 1.000000
USD = 0.000105932
EUR = 0.0000837769

But the next day the currancies become :
IDR (default) = 1.000000
USD = 0.00010000
EUR = 0.0001000
All the same become flat rate to 0.0001

But if I'm using USD, the currancies will be fine for another next days.
Anyone could help??
Thank you
Anyone could help this problem???? Please....

Cari album edisi luar negeri? Atau dalam negeri juga bisa. Kunjungi saja http://www.sawios.com Semoga bisa membantu. :)

Post by Daniel » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:27 am

mclaughlin wrote:Hi guys, this is my first contribution to the opencart community.

I noticed that for Greek companies the VAT check system doesn't work correctly. This happens because the system/helper/vat.php file on line 38 inappropriately uses the array_search function which searches for the array values, not keys. Greece is the only country that uses different prefixes for VAT numbers and opencart language so the problem came to be for Greece only at the time.

So a simple fix is this:

1. Edit file:
system/helper/vat.php

2. Change lines 38-39 to:

if (array_key_exists($prefix, $iso_code_2_data)) {
		$response = file_get_contents('http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/viesquer.do?ms=' . $iso_code_2_data[$prefix] . '&iso=' . $iso_code_2_data[$prefix] . '&vat=' . $number);

If you want you can also remove whitespace from the vat number which breaks checking (cases like 'GB 32323232') and always allows the registration:

Change line 35 to:

$number = str_replace(' ','',substr($number, 2));
You can also remove dashes if you think someone mistakenly would use a "GB-32323232" format.

ok i have added this to the svn. i hope its right.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Avvici » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:45 pm

It's probably time to make the ellipsis that open cart uses correct for text. Right now it's still 2 dots and not three. Real text ellipses is 3 dots. Programming ellipses is 2 dots. I just saw a couple people complaining so I thought I would mention it.

Example from cateogry.php

'description' => utf8_substr(strip_tags(html_entity_decode($result['description'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8')), 0, 100) . '..',

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by menorcarob » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:50 pm

hi
not sure if this is a bug, but when i login as a customer and view list of orders, if i click on the "re order" button to the right of the order, i get a blank page, if i click on view order i can see the order, any ideas?

here is what i get in the error log
2012-06-19 9:20:06 - PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/mshmenorca.com/newrob/catalog/language/english/account/order.php:73) in /home/public_html/mshmenorca.com/newrob/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php on line 29

TURNED OUT TO BE THERE WHERE TWO LINES UNDER THE ?> ON LINE 71

thanks
robin