Post by nodric » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:55 pm

When logged in as a registered customer you still get the option 'I want to use a new address '

Easy way to remove this option using the xml file in VQ?

TIA

N

The Best 4x4xfar

Post by arrjaytea » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:10 am

Appears to be working great, and resolves a major issue for me. Cheers.

Edit: It's the damnedest thing, but this worked when I first tried it out this morning (I actually saw "Step 3" removed on refresh" - but now it doesn't seem to be working at all.

Any ideas?

OC 1.5.3.1 - stock, Sellegance theme.

Edit #2: Alright, I think I've narrowed what a potential issue could be - I'm using Qphorias offline credit processing for the moment. Could that be why this is not working?

Post by affect » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:56 am

More likely because of the theme rather than some other extension. Check your vqmod.log for errors.

MultiMerch Marketplace for OpenCart

Post by arrjaytea » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:03 am

affect wrote:More likely because of the theme rather than some other extension. Check your vqmod.log for errors.
Yeah, I think you're bang on there. A quick glance at the templates revealed the following when I went to search for:

Code: Select all

<div id="shipping-address">
...all I found was...

Code: Select all

<section id="shipping-address">
...which seemed easy enough to alter, but the other mods made in VQMod just don't seem to be as easy for me to find.

Oh well, I suppose I'll need to look for another resolution here. Your efforts are still well appreciated, just too bad I had to go and design with an apparently heavily modded theme. Shame on me.

Post by arrjaytea » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:07 am

Hmmm, my VQMod.log actually isn't showing any errors either (well, none having to do with this - though it certainly makes clear that my store does not like Croatian). :laugh:

Post by affect » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:36 am

It's quite easy, actually.

First, you hide the shipping div, then instead of displaying its contents (after the user has clicked continue on the previous step) you select the same address that is selected in the payment address step and trigger continue button. That's it basically, first two operations within this vqmod xml. The others just hide and check the "same addresses" checkboxes.

Post by arrjaytea » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:52 am

affect wrote:It's quite easy, actually.

First, you hide the shipping div, then instead of displaying its contents (after the user has clicked continue on the previous step) you select the same address that is selected in the payment address step and trigger continue button. That's it basically, first two operations within this vqmod xml. The others just hide and check the "same addresses" checkboxes.
Hey thanks for the advice - I'll definitely give it a shot. Cheers.

Post by arrjaytea » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:10 am

Well, I was definitely able to remove the shipping address from checkout, but I'm having the same issue as Coen now with it not moving onto step 4.

We do have guest checkout enabled if you're so inclined to have a look. To be clear, this is just the beta server for our redesign before we move it over, so may be a little ugly yet ;)

Edit: Actually, the theme's designer just offered to make a compatible version of the extension for me and send it off, so I'll up that here just in case it would be any use to anyone else :)

Post by arrjaytea » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:34 am

In the event anyone else needs to use this mod with the (seemingly common) Sellegance theme, the code can be obtained here: http://everthemes.com/site/knowledgebas ... out-vqmod/

Only thing you have to do is alter your language files to change the numbers of the steps.

Cheers to affect, and Luis (author of Sellegance) for all of their help. :)

Post by nodric » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:53 am

nodric wrote:When logged in as a registered customer you still get the option 'I want to use a new address '

TIA

N
Bump

The Best 4x4xfar

Post by michaeltheone » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:28 am

Hello,

i have installed vQmod and inserted this remove step 3 in checkout xml file into vQmod map, but step 4 also removed and i need step 4 back on the checkout as i use Pickup From Store(Enhanced) module, how can i get step 4 back onto the checkout? i tryed several options i readed in this topic but non helped.

i use opencart 1.5.3.1

hope to get a.s.a.p response :-) thanks.

Post by affect » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:39 pm

This extension doesn't modify step 4 (delivery details) in any way. OpenCart disables it by default if the product in the cart is set not to require shipping.

Post by michaeltheone » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:48 pm

when i activate requires shipping set = yes then step 3 is also back ... ?

step 3 must be removed and step 4 must stay active as customers needs to choose a pick-up date.

Post by affect » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:06 pm

Step 3 should be removed even when shipping is set to yes. That's the point of the extension. If it doesn't get removed, it's most likely because of a different theme / custom modifications to checkout process. Check your vqmod.log for errors if any.

Post by michaeltheone » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:43 pm

I use a free template called 'dark purple' it used to work with it but i had to reinstall the shop and in the freshly new installed opencart the step 3 isn't removed and also not in the standard theme.

and i dont see vqmod.log inside my ftp?

i also tryed a 2nd fresh installation of opencart and also inside there (standard theme) step 3 isn't removed.

Post by nodric » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:00 pm

nodric wrote:
nodric wrote:When logged in as a registered customer you still get the option 'I want to use a new address '

TIA

N
Bump
It seems that I screaming into the darkness here. Does anyone understand the question or know how to answer it?

When a user is logged in, he can still select the option shown on the picture below... The mod does not disable that element, even though it removes the delivery address step in the checkout. This sort of renders it pointless?

The Best 4x4xfar

Post by affect » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:36 pm

Sorry nodric, always forgetting to answer your question.

Basically, the point of the extension is to make customers use one address for both billing and shipping. It still allows customers to use multiple addresses (address1 for billing and shipping today, address2 for billing and shipping tomorrow).

If you don't want your customers to be able to add new addresses during checkout, you can simply hide this option by applying style="display: none" to it, i.e.

<input type="radio" name="payment_address" value="new" id="payment-address-new" style="display:none">

and

<label for="payment-address-new" style="display:none">I want to use a new address</label>

That should hide the option to add a new address. However, in that case, if for some reason a customer doesn't have any address, he also won't be able to add a new one. You'll need to test it out in different situations and possibly modify it further to handle some other cases.

The vqmod for that would be two simple replace operations that will replace the two original lines with the ones here.

Post by nodric » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:04 am

affect wrote:Sorry nodric, always forgetting to answer your question.

Basically, the point of the extension is to make customers use one address for both billing and shipping. It still allows customers to use multiple addresses (address1 for billing and shipping today, address2 for billing and shipping tomorrow).

If you don't want your customers to be able to add new addresses during checkout, you can simply hide this option by applying style="display: none" to it, i.e.

<input type="radio" name="payment_address" value="new" id="payment-address-new" style="display:none">

and

<label for="payment-address-new" style="display:none">I want to use a new address</label>

That should hide the option to add a new address. However, in that case, if for some reason a customer doesn't have any address, he also won't be able to add a new one. You'll need to test it out in different situations and possibly modify it further to handle some other cases.

The vqmod for that would be two simple replace operations that will replace the two original lines with the ones here.
Thanks for explaining. The problem with allowing a new address is that it defeats the object of forcing the billing address as the shipping address?

When people register on OC it forces them to add an address, so unless they use a bogus address (which they can edit later anyway), then what is the purpose of having the loophole to add a separate shipping address? In my implementation (which is default OC behavior) they can't register or purchase without entering an address.

If their billing info changes later, then they have to update their account before making a fresh purchase, which is the only benefit I can see of the 'add an address' option during checkout.

We want to force the billing and shipping address to be the same to prevent CC fraud. They can't fudge this as we do a AVS check on address, zip, and ccv/cvc code. If we don't get a 100% match on all 3 we decline.

We had a recent case of a charge-back after a card was used fraudulently. We still got paid as we had validated all the above, and we had delivered to the billing address and had a proof of delivery from UPS. The fraud was obviously committed by someone known to the CC holder, and with access to their property to get the goods.

Anyway, I appreciate your explanation and I'll have a play with the VQ replace options to accomplish what I'm looking for :)

The Best 4x4xfar

Post by affect » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:15 am

I'm not using the extension myself as I'm not selling physical goods. However, I had to update it recently specifically for deal with multiple addresses. Some users wanted to allow multiple addresses and still force billing/shipping addresses to be the same.

I imagine it would allow customers to add multiple billing/shipping address pairs (with this extension they don't differ anymore so you can just call them "multiple addresses", one address being one billing/shipping pair that always match) in case they use all of them frequently so that they can choose which one to use instead of editing their only address whenever they need to ship to a different location. If your validation is performed during address creation, that shouldn't be an issue since all of them would be valid (unless you don't support multiple credit cards per customer).

Post by nodric » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:45 am

affect wrote:I'm not using the extension myself as I'm not selling physical goods. However, I had to update it recently specifically for deal with multiple addresses. Some users wanted to allow multiple addresses and still force billing/shipping addresses to be the same.

I imagine it would allow customers to add multiple billing/shipping address pairs (with this extension they don't differ anymore so you can just call them "multiple addresses", one address being one billing/shipping pair that always match) in case they use all of them frequently so that they can choose which one to use instead of editing their only address whenever they need to ship to a different location. If your validation is performed during address creation, that shouldn't be an issue since all of them would be valid (unless you don't support multiple credit cards per customer).
OK now I catch your drift. What we are saying is "a customer might have several payment methods registered to different addresses" so we should accommodate those situations. e.g. Amazon do this as standard. However, we need to ensure only one address can be entered per transaction, and not a pair of addresses, thereby ensuring the address shipped to matches the payment address, as validated by the credit card company authorization process.

Allowing the chance of a different shipping address means we need to manually check every order for address compliance, and unnecessary and costly process, assuming a busy store with physical shipments.

Maybe this should be a feature request for later. Allow multiple addresses, but only a single address per transaction which must be the billing address.

The Best 4x4xfar