Post by patej » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:43 am

Hi,
After upgrade from 1.5.2.2 r990 to 1.5.3.1 I checked the customer groups. When I went to edit one, only thing visible was its name and in the text field was:

Code: Select all

<b>Notice</b>: Undefined variable: name in <b>/homez.433/bahaiusk/www/kirjakauppa/sbjadmin/view/template/sale/customer_group_form.tpl</b> on line <b>21</b>
After replacing that with a proper name I got this:

Notice: Undefined index: customer_group_description in /.../admin/controller/sale/customer_group.php on line 408
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /.../admin/controller/sale/customer_group.php on line 408
Notice: Undefined index: approval in /.../admin/model/sale/customer_group.php on line 4
Notice: Undefined index: company_id_display in /.../admin/model/sale/customer_group.php on line 4
Notice: Undefined index: company_id_required in /.../admin/model/sale/customer_group.php on line 4
Notice: Undefined index: tax_id_display in /.../admin/model/sale/customer_group.php on line 4
Notice: Undefined index: tax_id_required in /.../admin/model/sale/customer_group.php on line 4
Notice: Undefined index: sort_order in /.../admin/model/sale/customer_group.php on line 4
Notice: Undefined index: customer_group_description in /.../admin/model/sale/customer_group.php on line 8
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /.../admin/model/sale/customer_group.php on line 8
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /.../admin/index.php:83) in /.../vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php on line 28
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /.../admin/index.php:83) in /.../vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php on line 29
Afterthis when I revisited the Customer Groups' page the group I had edited had disappeared. The problem appeared also when I had vqmods disabled...

Any idea what is causing this?
--patrik

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:40 am

John767 wrote:And still no fix for the options bug that I have. Adding more than 100 options, and any option or setting above the limit will not be saved.

More users have reported this issue.
For those experiencing the large option issue, this paid extension to edit options live instead of posting them directly will fix it

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by expanism » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:38 am

OC 1.5.3.1 fresh install
On the account "return list" page the links to view the "return info" gives "return info not found".

Post by Daniel » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:29 am

expanism wrote:OC 1.5.3.1 fresh install
On the account "return list" page the links to view the "return info" gives "return info not found".

i have just added a fix for this in the svn.

http://code.google.com/p/opencart/source/detail?r=1124

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by kevinlim » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:18 am

what happen with this? is it bug?

2012-06-05 16:13:18 - PHP Notice: Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DATE(cr.date_added) >= '2012-06-03'DATE(cr.date_added) <= '2012-06-05' GROUP BY ' at line 1<br />Error No: 1064<br />SELECT cr.customer_id, CONCAT(c.firstname, ' ', c.lastname) AS customer, c.email, cgd.name AS customer_group, c.status, SUM(cr.points) AS points, COUNT(o.order_id) AS orders, SUM(o.total) AS total FROM customer_reward cr LEFT JOIN `customer` c ON (cr.customer_id = c.customer_id) LEFT JOIN customer_group_description cgd ON (c.customer_group_id = cgd.customer_group_id) LEFT JOIN `order` o ON (cr.order_id = o.order_id) WHERE cgd.language_id = '1'DATE(cr.date_added) >= '2012-06-03'DATE(cr.date_added) <= '2012-06-05' GROUP BY cr.customer_id ORDER BY points DESC LIMIT 0,20 in /home/kevinlim/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 49
2012-06-05 16:16:35 - PHP Notice: Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DATE(cr.date_added) >= '2012-06-04'DATE(cr.date_added) <= '2012-06-04' GROUP BY ' at line 1<br />Error No: 1064<br />SELECT cr.customer_id, CONCAT(c.firstname, ' ', c.lastname) AS customer, c.email, cgd.name AS customer_group, c.status, SUM(cr.points) AS points, COUNT(o.order_id) AS orders, SUM(o.total) AS total FROM customer_reward cr LEFT JOIN `customer` c ON (cr.customer_id = c.customer_id) LEFT JOIN customer_group_description cgd ON (c.customer_group_id = cgd.customer_group_id) LEFT JOIN `order` o ON (cr.order_id = o.order_id) WHERE cgd.language_id = '1'DATE(cr.date_added) >= '2012-06-04'DATE(cr.date_added) <= '2012-06-04' GROUP BY cr.customer_id ORDER BY points DESC LIMIT 0,20 in /home/kevinlim/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 49

Post by francella » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:14 am

I'm not sure why I'm having this problem. It occurs during registration after a customer has chosen the item they wish to purchase and decides to register an account before continuing with the purchase. I have a clean install of Opencart, no upgrade.
2012-06-05 20:02:18 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: approval in /var/www/vhosts/comfortjunkie.co.uk/httpdocs/catalog/model/account/customer.php on line 14
2012-06-05 20:02:18 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: approval in /var/www/vhosts/comfortjunkie.co.uk/httpdocs/catalog/model/account/customer.php on line 30
Please assist, thank you.

Post by markeldridge » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:18 am

markeldridge wrote:I believe this bug may have existed in prior versions.
I recently upgraded to 1.5.3.1 to determine if it was still a problem, and I am seeing it in this version also...

On the Shopping Cart page, if you go to pay for an item using reward points, and enter a negative number, you end up owing more money.

eg) Entering -10000 points on my site, results in $5.00 being ADDED to the bill.

I was able to fix this by changing:

$this->session->data['reward'] = $this->request->post['reward'];
to

$this->session->data['reward'] = abs($this->request->post['reward']);
on line 64 of checkout/cart.php for anyone who wants to patch using VQMOD.

Post by markeldridge » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:33 am

williamjay wrote:
However I have found that you do not have to accumulate sufficient points. After your first purchase you are able to use any number of points to obtain a fractional discount.
This is a surprise as Reward Points are designed to be traded, to reward patronage by giving something for loyalty rather than bartered with! This way is equivalent to creating Currency.

My first attempt at an extension:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=6763

My extension forces OpenCart to only allow the user to use the exact amount of points required to purchase the item.

NOTE: In the event of a cart with more than one item, only the cheapest (in points) item may have points applied. For multiple "free" items using points they would have to use separate transactions. (This is mentioned in a custom error message that displays if anything but the "enforced" amount of points is entered).

Hope that helps anyone else with this issue.

Post by MrTech » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:01 pm

While going through the upgrade steps I clicked save on the settings area and got an error. Turns out the new 'Voucher' area is required but the red stars are missing to indicate this. When I went back to look, I got an error telling me it is required but still no red stars. I wouldn't say this is a bug so much as an omission.

Thanks...

~
Install Extensions OR OpenCart Fast Service! PayPal Accepted
I will professionally install and configure any free or purchased theme, module or extension.

Visit http://www.mrtech.ca if you need an OpenCart webmaster
~

Location - Canada, Eh!

Post by krokodylowy3 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:14 pm

Some unnecesary overhead and coding problems found in OC and fixed in my private branch,
  • Instead code $this->url->link('common/home') you can use $this->url->link(''). I replace almost all occurencies and everything works without strange common/home page.
    Also instead string 'index.php?route=common/home' an 'index.php' should be used.
  • Language switch with POST and cookie is not efficient and not SEO friendly. For non default languages old good URL with parametrer language should be used.
  • Some reusable variables should be added to startup.php and used in OC php files

$_SERVER['HTTP_CONTEXT'] = rtrim(dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), '/.\\');
    $_SERVER['HTTP_DOMAIN'] = str_replace('www.', '', $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']);
  • Cookies policy and domain are invalid.
    Instead cookie like :

setcookie('currency', $currency, time() + 60 * 60 * 24 * 30, '/', $this->request->server['HTTP_HOST']);
    cookies should be set with this code :

setcookie('currency', $currency, time() + 2592000, $_SERVER['HTTP_CONTEXT'], $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'],NULL,true);

cookies will be http secured and attached to correct domain and context.
  • I suppose that $config variable should be readonly configuration from database but in index.php you can find two strange lines

$config->set('config_language_id', $languages[$code]['language_id']);
    $config->set('config_language', $languages[$code]['code']);
    Second line is completely unnecesary and can be removed
    First line change default value..? Unhappilly this value is used in some modules and can't be removed in easy way.

Post by robster » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:27 pm

I also have a problem with VAT number being shown as not valid. I have entered a known working VAT number (I also checked directly on the VAT validation site to confirm) but no matter how I enter it (i.e., with or without the country code, with or without spaces, etc) it says my VAT number is invalid.

Is there any guidance with how this system should work or is this a bug?

robster

I know my place...!

Location - North Yorkshire, UK

Post by bwingwing » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:34 pm

GOT THIS ERROR LOG WHEN WORK ON INFORMATION PAGE.

PHP Notice: Undefined index: bottoms in /volume1/web/admin/controller/catalog/information.php on line 380

Thanks, pprmkr!!

pprmkr wrote:
On line 379 in admin/controller/catalog/information.php:
CODE: SELECT ALL
if (isset($this->request->post['bottom'])) {
$this->data['bottom'] = $this->request->post['bottoms'];
} elseif (!empty($information_info)) {
$this->data['bottom'] = $information_info['bottom'];
} else {
$this->data['bottom'] = 0;
}

The post-values are checked here, and as you can see there is a typo.
Change on line 380
$this->data['bottom'] = $this->request->post['bottoms'];

to:
$this->data['bottom'] = $this->request->post['bottom'];

Post by ielektros » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:49 am

francella wrote:I'm not sure why I'm having this problem. It occurs during registration after a customer has chosen the item they wish to purchase and decides to register an account before continuing with the purchase. I have a clean install of Opencart, no upgrade.
2012-06-05 20:02:18 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: approval in /var/www/vhosts/comfortjunkie.co.uk/httpdocs/catalog/model/account/customer.php on line 14
2012-06-05 20:02:18 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: approval in /var/www/vhosts/comfortjunkie.co.uk/httpdocs/catalog/model/account/customer.php on line 30

Hi. Have you found some solution for this problem? I have same problem, and I also don´t want to ask the TAX-ID from my customers. Sorry for my english.

My error is total same:

2012-06-10 20:23:19 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: approval in /is/htdocs/wp10958697_5OY4CJYLU1/www/catalog/model/account/customer.php on line 14
2012-06-10 20:23:19 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: approval in /is/htdocs/wp10958697_5OY4CJYLU1/www/catalog/model/account/customer.php on line 30

Arduino shop
http://iElektros.de
the microcontroller solution

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:10 am

patej wrote:Hi,
After upgrade from 1.5.2.2 r990 to 1.5.3.1 I checked the customer groups. When I went to edit one, only thing visible was its name and in the text field was:

<b>Notice</b>: Undefined variable: name in <b>/homez.433/bahaiusk/www/kirjakauppa/sbjadmin/view/template/sale/customer_group_form.tpl</b> on line <b>21</b>
After replacing that with a proper name I got this:

Notice: Undefined index: customer_group_description in /.../admin/controller/sale/customer_group.php on line 408
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /.../admin/controller/sale/customer_group.php on line 408
Notice: Undefined index: approval in /.../admin/model/sale/customer_group.php on line 4
Notice: Undefined index: company_id_display in /.../admin/model/sale/customer_group.php on line 4
Notice: Undefined index: company_id_required in /.../admin/model/sale/customer_group.php on line 4
Notice: Undefined index: tax_id_display in /.../admin/model/sale/customer_group.php on line 4
Notice: Undefined index: tax_id_required in /.../admin/model/sale/customer_group.php on line 4
Notice: Undefined index: sort_order in /.../admin/model/sale/customer_group.php on line 4
Notice: Undefined index: customer_group_description in /.../admin/model/sale/customer_group.php on line 8
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /.../admin/model/sale/customer_group.php on line 8
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /.../admin/index.php:83) in /.../vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php on line 28
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /.../admin/index.php:83) in /.../vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php on line 29
Afterthis when I revisited the Customer Groups' page the group I had edited had disappeared. The problem appeared also when I had vqmods disabled...

Any idea what is causing this?
--patrik
You sure you ran the upgrade script?

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:18 am

lewys wrote:PayPal Standard does not presented in payment methods if currency RUB is selected. That was also a 1.5.2.1 bug. In 1.5.1.3 works fine.
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 48#p296648

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:31 pm

francella wrote:I'm not sure why I'm having this problem. It occurs during registration after a customer has chosen the item they wish to purchase and decides to register an account before continuing with the purchase. I have a clean install of Opencart, no upgrade.
Can you try editing and saving the customer groups in the Admin->Sales->Customer->Customer Groups area. I think maybe the new settings need to be saved once

Administrator

Post by ruspect » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:23 pm

Have you guys fixed in 1.5.3 an issue with Canadian currency, I mean ISO CAD-CDN codding for paypal?
Thx

Post by slingeraap » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:52 pm

When setting Company ID and Tax ID in the shop settings to 'Not required', during checkout (first step) both display an asterik as if they are required.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:01 am

ruspect wrote:Have you guys fixed in 1.5.3 an issue with Canadian currency, I mean ISO CAD-CDN codding for paypal?
Thx
No such issue. Be sure you use "CAD" for currencies. Paypal already uses CAD as does the rest of the world

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:02 am

slingeraap wrote:When setting Company ID and Tax ID in the shop settings to 'Not required', during checkout (first step) both display an asterik as if they are required.
I think this only happens if you don't check a default group for registration in the System->Settings under the Options tab under the "Accounts" area for "Customer Groups:"

Administrator