Post by bull5-i » Mon May 14, 2012 3:25 am

The custom tab works just like the description tab. So, if you can integrate FB comments into the description tab, then you can do it also with the custom tab.

|V|355 \/\/17|-| 7}{3 |3357, ... [you know the rest]

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

All mods & extensions by me

Post by markman-b » Sat May 26, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi bull5-i,

I bought your extension a couple of months ago and I'm still wondering if the following is possible.
On my homepage I would like to refer to one of the tab pages, that contains the free downloads.

A lot of visitors click on My Account/Downloads which is not the proper location for free downloads.
They seem to have difficulties to find the free downloads on the productpages :(

The url I need, should look like this:
http://www.mystore/product/tab-specs5
Where tab-specs5 stands for the page that contains the free downloads.

Is this possible?

Regards
Markman-B

OC version 1.5.4.1

Post by bull5-i » Sat May 26, 2012 11:53 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately OpenCart tabs are not addressable by URL.

Regards,
bull5-i

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

Post by markman-b » Thu May 31, 2012 2:46 pm

That's a pity. Thanx for your answer.

OC version 1.5.4.1

Post by cmrdirect » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Unfortunately OpenCart tabs are not addressable by URL.
That's a real, real pity as it means that I can't give potential link partners a link to a specific piece of content buried in the tab panel and also I suspect that it might mean that web robots (google) may not see the links embedded in the tab panes as they may not allow themselves to 'click' through on a tab.

Can someone more knowledge confirm this last point also.

It seems like there is a need to make the tab panels addressable and also perhaps clickable in some way.

Kurt

Check out my Opencart sites here: Consumambles for condensed matter research and Handwoven Scarves Shop

Post by bull5-i » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:54 pm

All tab data is loaded on page load so the web robots/crawlers have access to all tabs' data. A single tab is displayed only for a browsers that support Javascript (human viewers).

Post by cmrdirect » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:27 pm

That's a generally encouraging reply however I have product downloads pro extension installed which populates the download list dynamically in response to customer's selection of tags so that doesn't appear to give urls that robots can see - not too much of a problem though as these are all going to be resources like pdf files that we don't need the robots to necessarily find.

Check out my Opencart sites here: Consumambles for condensed matter research and Handwoven Scarves Shop

Post by bull5-i » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:47 pm

Product Downloads PRO has a feature to preload none/first page/all downloads on first page load. If you choose to preload all content then robots will see all downloads on a single page, but human visitors will still have the navigation/filter system.

Post by samirdesign » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:50 am

Hi, I upload the whole procedure, but I'm in trouble: it's all right in the admin, installed, and enabled new tabbed content in the product but does not appear in the frontend tab specs. Can you help?
My OC version 1.5.3.1 and a premium theme Notus

Post by bull5-i » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:02 pm

You need to tailor the vqmod xml file for your custom theme.
Duplicate the default theme block, adjust the path and adjust the search & replace/insert patterns according to the peculiarities of your custom theme.

Post by markman-b » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:09 pm

Hi,

I'm having small problems in OC 1.5.4.1 (locally)

On the admin side everything is ok, but on the store side, the extra tab pages (6 per product) don't show up.It seems that the contents of the product description table, can't be read. I found these messages in my log.

Code: Select all

2012-09-02 12:43:35 - PHP Notice:  Undefined index: specs in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\hengelsportdigitaal\vqmod\vqcache\vq2-catalog_controller_product_product.php on line 316
2012-09-02 12:43:35 - PHP Notice:  Undefined index: specs2 in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\hengelsportdigitaal\vqmod\vqcache\vq2-catalog_controller_product_product.php on line 317
2012-09-02 12:43:35 - PHP Notice:  Undefined index: specs3 in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\hengelsportdigitaal\vqmod\vqcache\vq2-catalog_controller_product_product.php on line 318
2012-09-02 12:43:35 - PHP Notice:  Undefined index: specs4 in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\hengelsportdigitaal\vqmod\vqcache\vq2-catalog_controller_product_product.php on line 319
2012-09-02 12:43:35 - PHP Notice:  Undefined index: specs5 in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\hengelsportdigitaal\vqmod\vqcache\vq2-catalog_controller_product_product.php on line 320
2012-09-02 12:43:35 - PHP Notice:  Undefined index: specs6 in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\hengelsportdigitaal\vqmod\vqcache\vq2-catalog_controller_product_product.php on line 321
I've noticed that Daniel has added an extra field, called "tag"" to the product description table. Could this cause the problem?

regards,
Markman-B

OC version 1.5.4.1

Post by bull5-i » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:28 pm

No, the extra field is not the issue. The model has been changed and it does not automatically load everything, but only fields that are defined, so you need to edit the model file on the catalog side.

Post by markman-b » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Thanx for the advise and your good concerns. I'll take a closer look at it later today.

OC version 1.5.4.1

Post by markman-b » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:20 pm

Fixed. Thanx for pointing me into the right direction :)

OC version 1.5.4.1

Post by bull5-i » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:44 am

You're welcome.

Post by strengur » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:55 am

Hi guys.

After upgrade of my OC from 1.5.3.1 to 1.5.4.1 and manual installation of Custom Product Tab I'm having problems. Note, it is not VQmod version of CPT.

This is the message I get on my site:
Notice: Undefined index: specs in /var/www/virtual/mysite.com/subdomain/htdocs/catalog/controller/product/product.php on line 303

and all special characters for my language are scrambled.

If I remove these lines you see here below, bold/italic, located in /catalog/controller/product/product.php I get may special characters back...

$this->data['cpt_show'] = $this->config->get('custom_product_tab_status') && ($this->config->get('cpt_always_show') || !empty($product_info['specs']));
if ($this->config->get('custom_product_tab_status')) {
$this->data['specs'] = html_entity_decode($product_info['specs'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8');

}

...but I get this error in Special Tab container:
Notice: Undefined variable: specs in /var/www/virtual/mysite.com/subdomain/htdocs/catalog/view/theme/mytheme/template/product/product.tpl on line 246

I'm unable to figure this out so I hope I get help here.

Kind regards,
Strengur

Location - Iceland

Post by bull5-i » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi Strengur,

In OC 1.5.4.x the product model does not automatically return all table columns, thus it gives you the "Undefined index" error. You need to modify the product.php model file and also return the specs column value. You'll see a long list of values that are returned by the getProduct function, but specs is not there by default.

Regards,
bull5-i

Post by tora0515 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:17 pm

I would like to create an extra tab but have no idea where to start. I have the 1.5.3.1 vqmod file. Anyone on in the thread have an idea how to get started. Thanks.

Post by lollypopzz » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:53 pm

I'm using OC 1.5.5.1 and got Custom Product Tab installed successfully.

However in the Admin page my Spec textarea doesn't show CKEditor just like the Product Description textarea.

Can someone please help me out?

Many Thanks.

Post by bull5-i » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:10 pm

The extension has been tested with OC 1.5.5.1 and found to be working. If the CKEDITOR is not showing up then there must be a javascript issue on page which caused by a conflict with another installed extension. Try to remove any other installed vqmods one by one to indicate the problematic extension.