Post by MrStuky » Wed May 09, 2012 11:16 pm

Hello guys, I've searched around and I have tried all the solutions but my emails are not working. Contact us or the notification on new accounts/orders don't work either, I have used the proper emails and parameters -f and -F. I've tested my mail php function and it is enabled/working with some test scripts. I really need emails to work, so if someone could help me, Thanks.

Version 1.5.2.1
http://universalhardwareindustries.com/shop/

Post by MrStuky » Thu May 10, 2012 2:30 am

Well, I tried SMTP and PHP Mail and non are working. I've tested the mail functions to work with testing scripts.

Thanks

Post by Reelgames » Thu May 10, 2012 6:44 am

There is definitely something funny going on with Opencart at the moment. I have the same issue. Mine were working. Now they are not all of a sudden. I need help too.

Post by maito10 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:28 am

Hi,

Hopefully i can help through my own issues with mail.

I recently had an issue with mail (1.5.2.2). When using the mail setting it would not send any mail at all - orders, contact etc, but using smtp sent everything except the contact us page gave an error and did not work.

I found that the problem was that the store was sending the contact email as the person who was contacting us (good for hitting reply to the email and it sending straight to them) but the web host would not allow emails sent unless they were from the same as the domain ie youremail@yourdomain.com.

Make sure you back up the files before editing.

The fix I found (for SMTP) was to take the the better contact form from UKSB here http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=35286 and install it (its a vqmod) then edit the file in your /catalog/controller/information/contact.php and around line 20 change

Code: Select all

$mail->setFrom($this->request->post['email']);
and change to

Code: Select all

$mail->setFrom('youremail@yourdomain.com');
While it sets the sender to your email the UKSB mod will put the email address in the message. This worked for 2 stores that had the same host.

Hope this helps.

Luke

http://www.wariapendi.com.au
http://store.wariapendi.com.au

Location - Southern Highlands, Australia

Post by shenanigans » Fri May 18, 2012 9:17 pm

I'm having the exact same issues. All of a sudden it even stopped sending out notifications this morning! After trying to get mail to work for several days now. However I got the e-mail notifications to work again, after I emptied all the fields in the e-mail parameter settings. And it's probably not an issue with the hoster (1&1) of my client, for that I've tried setting up an e-mail adress with my hoster (strato) and even with my private gmail address. None of them worked. I either get an error code (when chosing SMTP) or the success page pops up (when choosing mail.php from the dropdown menue) but nothing ever gets delivered. God this is annoying!

Using OC Version 1.5.1.3

Post by Basikboy » Sun May 20, 2012 10:56 pm

Anyone figure this out? I too have a problem with the email not functioning right. I can be emailed via the "contact us" option but I am not receiving emails when a customer registers or places an order like i was just a few weeks ago. Also, customers are not receiving any emails when using the "forgot password" option and I the Newsletter doesn't work at all.

I have been posting on here for weeks to no avail and also working with a web developer that can't figure it out either. Its been real frustrating to say the least.

Post by Basikboy » Mon May 21, 2012 12:51 am

Just out of curiosity could my problems have any thing to do with the vqmod?

Post by shenanigans » Mon May 21, 2012 5:20 pm

Basikboy wrote:Just out of curiosity could my problems have any thing to do with the vqmod?
I'm a noob so it might have something to do with it in your case, however I haven't any VQmod installed. OC is in its original, virgin state, except the customized theme which I have designed. So I don't think it has anything to do with your vqmod, but I might also be wrong on that. This is giving me a real headache though. I must deliver, and I'm about to just blank the 'contact us' page out and set up a page with a simple mail-to link! Although this is no real option either, because — as people wrote here — customers might not receive any confirmation mail then, after registering…

Post by cotton » Mon May 21, 2012 5:49 pm

After trying to get mail to work for several days now. However I got the e-mail notifications to work again, after I emptied all the fields in the e-mail parameter settings. And it's probably not an issue with the hoster (1&1) of my client, for that I've tried setting up an e-mail adress with my hoster (strato) and even with my private gmail address.

Post by shenanigans » Mon May 21, 2012 8:45 pm

cotton wrote:After trying to get mail to work for several days now. However I got the e-mail notifications to work again, after I emptied all the fields in the e-mail parameter settings. And it's probably not an issue with the hoster (1&1) of my client, for that I've tried setting up an e-mail adress with my hoster (strato) and even with my private gmail address.
???

Post by shenanigans » Mon May 21, 2012 9:14 pm

Update: OC is (at least in my case) NOT! the culprit! I need to take the blame here! SMTP always gives me an error message, so that setting really seems to be tricky. however phpMail with blank fields does work indeed! The problem was: I set the eMail address to be the stores real owner. So all my testmails where sent to her inbox. I'm talking about the e-mail address you enter in "Settings' -> 'General'. Upon setting up the store, I entered her email address there. however, I forgot to change it to one of my own email addresses in order to test the store. The emails were all sent! But to her address. I found out by coincidence, after checking each an every tab in 'Settings' again. A real stupid mistake from my side I got to say!

Post by Basikboy » Mon May 21, 2012 9:17 pm

cotton wrote:After trying to get mail to work for several days now. However I got the e-mail notifications to work again, after I emptied all the fields in the e-mail parameter settings. And it's probably not an issue with the hoster (1&1) of my client, for that I've tried setting up an e-mail adress with my hoster (strato) and even with my private gmail address.

Not sure I understand what you did to get the Mail to work again. You emptied the field parameters and thats it?

Post by shenanigans » Tue May 22, 2012 12:10 am

Basikboy wrote:

Not sure I understand what you did to get the Mail to work again. You emptied the field parameters and thats it?
Yepp, I just emptied all the fields and switched back to MailPHP from the dropdown menue…

Post by Basikboy » Tue May 22, 2012 12:41 am

shenanigans wrote:
Basikboy wrote:

Yepp, I just emptied all the fields and switched back to MailPHP from the dropdown menue…
Well just tried that and tested the "forgot password" option and this is still not working for me.

Post by shenanigans » Tue May 22, 2012 3:49 am

Basikboy wrote:
Well just tried that and tested the "forgot password" option and this is still not working for me.

But do you receive any mail at all? Like new orders?
Last edited by shenanigans on Tue May 22, 2012 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Basikboy » Tue May 22, 2012 3:54 am

Nope, the only thing that seems to work is the contact page.

Post by shenanigans » Tue May 22, 2012 3:57 am

well I had that, when I was messing around with the mail settings and tried to get SMTP to work… the only fields I didn't leave blank was port (25) and timeout (5) — but I don't know if this is connected to the problems you're experiencing.

update: sorry, contact us wasn't working as well then: I received one of those blank pages with an error code, pointing out that it had trouble connecting to the set port

Post by Basikboy » Wed May 23, 2012 9:38 pm

Yeah, I have all that set the same way and still nothing. This is becoming a big pain in the ass!

Post by zuhenry » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:21 pm

Setting email is very different for each host company, I could help to track down the issue but anyone posting issues should be more specific about the version of PHP your hosting is running, name of your hosting company and version of OC you are running.
Keep this in mind, in order for the PHP mail function to work make sure that the e-mail account of either the recipient or the sender of the message is hosted there.
Again: In order for your contact form to work properly it must comply with the following rule: the e-mail account of either the recipient or the sender of the message must be located in the E-Mail Manager section of your Web Hosting Control Panel.
Do a test with a simple PHP script that uses phpmail();
If your contact form complies with the rule explained, you can test whether you are able to send script-generated e-mails at all, using this simple PHP script:

<?php
$from = ''From: TestSender'';
$to = ''myemail@mydomain.com'';
$subject = ''Subject'';
$body = ''TEST Email from: $from'';

if (mail ($to, $subject, $body, $from)) {
echo ''MAIL - OK''; } else {
echo ''MAIL FAILED'';
}
?>

In the above example change (myemail@mydomain.com) to an email address hosted with your hosting company.

Reasons why your OC installation is not sending emails is because the "from" address is wrongfully set under your mail settings, by using the MAIL parameter -Fuser@mydomain.com those issues should be fixed.

Some users comply that suddenly the email stopped working, those people have to contact their hosting company and ask them what changes were done to PHP, many times PHP gets updated and suddenly phpmail() stops working. Your hosting company has to fix that.

Thanks

zuhenry

Our latest page: http://www.paginas.in
http://www.macClasificados.com - Encuentra tu Apple PC mas barato, sin intermediarios

Location - Colombia

Post by JohnM » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:51 pm

I'm having trouble with the email as well.
How do we so this test? Is the code placed on an empty page?