Post by Qphoria » Tue May 15, 2012 9:18 pm

I release patches
he releases new versions

I was looking into releasing a new 1.5.2.x patch but have to test it a bit.

Administrator

Post by opencartrules » Wed May 16, 2012 1:53 am

Hi Qphoria
I was looking into releasing a new 1.5.2.x patch but have to test it a bit.
Sounds great, man! Look forward to Full install version that include all fixes/patches. It would definitely go much faster to install OC.

Post by Calcite » Wed May 16, 2012 4:36 am

Q,

I liked your idea of doing the update from within the admin panel, hopefully you will find time to implement it in the future.

Post by Qphoria » Wed May 16, 2012 8:49 am

Calcite wrote:Q,

I liked your idea of doing the update from within the admin panel, hopefully you will find time to implement it in the future.
Yea it is still in the works.. The basic stuff is done by I was trying to look into improving the process with autobackup and stuff for easy recovery.

Administrator

Post by opencartrules » Wed May 16, 2012 6:46 pm

Yea it is still in the works.. The basic stuff is done by I was trying to look into improving the process with autobackup and stuff for easy recovery.
This kind of feature would be awesome !! :)

Post by Qphoria » Thu May 17, 2012 4:04 am

Old news... already fixed in latest SVN and upcoming version. Most are false positives.. only the windows server one was found to be relevant

Administrator

Post by Webharmony » Thu May 17, 2012 4:48 am

Qphoria wrote:
Old news... already fixed in latest SVN and upcoming version. Most are false positives.. only the windows server one was found to be relevant

Good to know

Post by yammy » Sun May 20, 2012 6:53 am

Hello big Daniel !

I'm following this topic since 1.5.2.1 was released, it might have passed like 2 months since. The bug thread is dead for some days, and i think it's now good for a release, or at least it's very close.

The patched version looks like a dirty glued thing, it feels not right to me, i duno. I think more people might think like me, we just want a pretty little clean installer.

So... We are eager to see the next 1.5.2.x release. Do you have any date in mind ?

If you think it will take another month, then at least could you transform this r990 into a clean installer and give us another download link, so we could have this option too? Would be great !

thanks a lot for the great code!

[]s

Post by Daniel » Mon May 21, 2012 7:52 pm

the only thing left is to get klarna finished

actually i might just release.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by yammy » Tue May 22, 2012 5:42 am

Daniel wrote:the only thing left is to get klarna finished

actually i might just release.
Nice !!

Want me to test it rightaway ? Give me this pre-release that you have and I'll go test it right next. If anything goes wrong, I'll tell you in a flash. I don't mind missing klarna code, I use paypal ;) So please, don't be shy, show me what you have =^^=

[]s

Post by Daniel » Tue May 22, 2012 11:27 am

i have a few things to do today so probably will do it tonight.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by bigchili » Tue May 22, 2012 12:59 pm

Hey Guys,

Used to use the SVN, but fell behind. Trying to update it and am a bit confused as now there is more than simply "trunk" to select from. Can someone tell me which is which? Which one is for bug fixes, still trunk? What are all the others supposed to be?
Screen Shot 2012-05-22 at 11.53.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2012-05-22 at 11.53.16 AM.png (40.96 KiB) Viewed 9884 times

Post by jty » Tue May 22, 2012 7:47 pm

bigchili wrote:Used to use the SVN, but fell behind. Trying to update it and am a bit confused as now there is more than simply "trunk" to select from. Can someone tell me which is which? Which one is for bug fixes, still trunk? What are all the others supposed to be?
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 6&p=264397

jty

Post by bigchili » Tue May 22, 2012 9:33 pm

Thanks jty. :)

Post by Nimitz1061 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:00 pm

Qphoria wrote:
Calcite wrote:Q,

I myself do NOT like this idea. In many if not most cases, once a site with features like this is hacked your best bet is still to replace the entire code set. Auto-backup systems are just as prone to being altered as any other file which is accessible via the same account. Having had to address these penetrations I can assure you this makes things more difficult and increases the amount of lost business in many cases.

The ability to auto update via admin carries the risk of over writing custom files and this is likely to be a big problem with Open Cart....

David

Specializing in secure Hosting 4 OpenCart based eCommerce websites.

Location - United States

Post by yammy » Tue May 22, 2012 10:21 pm

I wonder if opencart one day will have some kind of "plugins like" feature, as people have in wordpress, that you can install and uninstall pieces of code without major issues. That'd be good for the payment gateways which codes are often changed by the gateway providers..

Also, I dream one day templating for opencart gets to be more independent from the code. Everytime a version changes, the templates gets broken and it's quite time consuming figuring it out what has changed between them. Once I saw the perfect feature from a cms template: All dynamic codes are removed from the templates and replaced by a token like [MENU], [LOGIN]. Then before rendering, this gets replaced by the real code. I thought it was the best idea ever! The theme could be a plain html file, and it would never be a problem again no matter how many times they updated the dynamic code. Just perfect !

[]s

Post by Nimitz1061 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:56 pm

yammy wrote:I wonder if opencart one day will have some kind of "plugins like" feature, as people have in wordpress, that you can install and uninstall pieces of code without major issues. That'd be good for the payment gateways which codes are often changed by the gateway providers..

Also, I dream one day templating for opencart gets to be more independent from the code. Everytime a version changes, the templates gets broken and it's quite time consuming figuring it out what has changed between them. Once I saw the perfect feature from a cms template: All dynamic codes are removed from the templates and replaced by a token like [MENU], [LOGIN]. Then before rendering, this gets replaced by the real code. I thought it was the best idea ever! The theme could be a plain html file, and it would never be a problem again no matter how many times they updated the dynamic code. Just perfect !

[]s

I am not so married to the idea of tags, macros or tokens as opposed to 'dynamic code'. But I will say that I believe that an appropriately implemented, object oriented design using an MVC approach can, when sufficiently mature, allow for the creation of templates that simply never go stale against newer versions of the code. I'd like to see Open Cart mature in this direction...

Specializing in secure Hosting 4 OpenCart based eCommerce websites.

Location - United States

Post by vannikong » Sun May 27, 2012 8:50 pm

Thanks so much for this mod, really helpful. I am running a second OC shop on 1.5.2. ;D

electronic cigarette e-liquid

Post by alvehamn » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:57 pm

Love that Klarna is in core now. Any thoughts on when it will be ready, as you released before it was done? Would be great to know kinda when it can be expected.