Post by spitos » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:03 pm

hoskingjustin wrote:Hi,

I am looking for someone that can give me some advice on installing google analytics on my opencart website.

I have purchased and installed 2 google analytics modules in my opencart admin which I have purchased off the opencart site, and while I can get them both communicating with google analytics (1 or the other) sending customer information - neither of the 2 are fully functional. The part I most want operational is the ecommerce tracking. And I just cant get this working!

I have contacted the designers of both of these modules, and they have both told me said that it is likely the file permissions that are causing the problem - I have tried all combinations on the files/folders including 644, 755 and 777 and none of them are working!

The modules have about 5 files that are placed in various folders on the website.

My website has the Shoppica theme installed - the website is http://www.sewpretty.co.nz. I do not have VqMod installed.

My website runs on a cloud server with rackspace. It does not have cpanel installed, the files are accessed via ftp

Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

Hi,

I've sent a PM

Google Analytics Expert - Advanced e-commerce tracking, Product & options reporting, transaction/conversion reporting, Google Adwords conversion & profit reporting, goal & funnel reporting, event tracking, site search tracking, multi-store compatibility, EU Cookie Law compliance and works with any theme or checkout! Easy vqmod install. Get it here

Location - UK

Post by stonehinged » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:39 am

I have been able to get the Google ecommerce tracking working fine on 1.5.2 except for product category, order tax and order shipping. Does anyone know what variables to plug in to return this info specifically?

STONEHINGED
Handcrafted, Semi-Precious Jewelry
http://www.stonehinged.com/

Location - US

Post by spitos » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:09 pm

stonehinged wrote:I have been able to get the Google ecommerce tracking working fine on 1.5.2 except for product category, order tax and order shipping. Does anyone know what variables to plug in to return this info specifically?
Can you PM me the order ID you received when purchasing this extension and the date you ordered it from the extension store please? You don't appear to have purchased this extension from what I can tell...

Google Analytics Expert - Advanced e-commerce tracking, Product & options reporting, transaction/conversion reporting, Google Adwords conversion & profit reporting, goal & funnel reporting, event tracking, site search tracking, multi-store compatibility, EU Cookie Law compliance and works with any theme or checkout! Easy vqmod install. Get it here

Location - UK

Post by jorobado32 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:06 pm

Hello I have problem, I installed it but it don,t work,

REQUEST URI : /catalog/view/theme/ModernStore/stylesheet/images/ui-icons_ef8c08_256x240.png
MOD DETAILS:
modFile : /home/ropadecu/public_html/vqmod/xml/Google-Analytics-Funnel-Reporting&Ecommerce-Tracking&Goal-Tracking.xml
id : Google Analytics Funnel Reporting / Goal Tracking - Shoppica Theme
version : 1.0.2
vqmver : 2.1.4
author : spitos
Could not resolve path for [catalog/view/theme/shoppica/template/checkout/login.tpl]
Could not resolve path for [catalog/view/theme/shoppica/template/checkout/register.tpl]
Could not resolve path for [catalog/view/theme/shoppica/template/checkout/billingaddress.tpl]
Could not resolve path for [catalog/view/theme/shoppica/template/checkout/shippingaddress.tpl]
Could not resolve path for [catalog/view/theme/shoppica/template/checkout/shipping.tpl]
Could not resolve path for [catalog/view/theme/shoppica/template/checkout/guest.tpl]
Could not resolve path for [catalog/view/theme/shoppica/template/checkout/guest_shipping.tpl]
Could not resolve path for [catalog/view/theme/shoppica/template/checkout/payment.tpl]
Could not resolve path for [catalog/view/theme/shoppica/template/checkout/confirm.tpl]
Could not resolve path for [catalog/view/theme/shoppica/template/common/success.tpl]
MOD DETAILS:
Last edited by jorobado32 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Location - Spain

Post by jorobado32 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 pm

I bought your extension and I have problem, I installed it but it problem with checkout... your support is very bad, I write 4 days ago, I,m waiting your answer

Location - Spain

Post by spitos » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:03 pm

jorobado32 wrote:I bought your extension and I have problem, I installed it but it problem with checkout... your support is very bad, I write 4 days ago, I,m waiting your answer
Sorry for the delay in responding, I have been away for the Easter holiday.

My mod does work, but not when you try to install the shoppica theme version when you don't have the shoppica theme!

The vqmod 'Could not resolve path for [catalog/view/theme/shoppica/' errors are because you don't have a shoppica directory! Are you aware that you aren't using the shoppica template? You would have downloaded the version specifically for shoppica and then read the errors. Please don't post saying the extension doesn't work if you haven't paid attention to what you are installing!

To fix this problem for you, I will need to make sure it is compatible with your custom template.
You can either PM me with temporary FTP details or send me over a list of files so I can modify the code specifically for them.
Last edited by spitos on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Location - UK

Post by evilfx » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:39 pm

hi, does this plugin support the shoppica theme running on OC 1.5.2.1 ?

Post by jorobado32 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:20 am

Hello

Thank for your answer,

I saw that the problem was that for error i download the extension shoppica, I installed good anh now it,s working

Thank and sorry for my nervousness

Location - Spain

Post by spitos » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:32 pm

evilfx wrote:hi, does this plugin support the shoppica theme running on OC 1.5.2.1 ?
I've just uploaded a version for 1.5.2x and the Shoppica theme

Location - UK

Post by spitos » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:54 pm

I've updated the extension today so it now supports the Shoppica theme with v1.5.2x of opencart.
It now also has full support for product options, category name, shipping cost and tax reporting

Location - UK

Post by evilfx » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:16 am

hi spitos, i bought your plugin but i have erros on the checkout, could you check your pm's please ?

Post by opencart-templates » Fri May 04, 2012 5:34 am

Hi, just letting you know that when implementing this code for a client of mine there was a couple of bugs with the SQL

Code: Select all

getOrderProduct() and getOrderProductOptions()
when you have a table prefix.

Let me know if you want me to send you the fixed code.

Advanced Professional Email Template
Customers Pre-Sale. Inc abandoned cart email
Order Follow-Up Email. Inc request review
Email Validation with ZeroBounce

Location - UK

Post by exactweb » Fri May 18, 2012 10:07 pm

This is a brilliant module and it's working perfectly.

1. I would like to also track, if possible:
a) Visitors adding products to the cart.
b) Customers registering with the store.

2. Can you recommend any useful guides to using Google Analytics Ecommerce? I mean how to correctly read the data that GA is tracking?
I have been trying to slowly read this: http://static.googleusercontent.com/ext ... aining.pdf although its massive and half the information is not relevant.

Post by Ulf » Sat May 19, 2012 5:16 pm

When product is free and checkout is free be it error.
The problem is this code in xml file
$this->data['orderDetails']['shipping_total'] = $this->session->data['shipping_method']['cost'];
How to fix it?

Ulf

Post by spitos » Mon May 28, 2012 4:48 pm

exactweb wrote:This is a brilliant module and it's working perfectly.

1. I would like to also track, if possible:
a) Visitors adding products to the cart.
b) Customers registering with the store.

2. Can you recommend any useful guides to using Google Analytics Ecommerce? I mean how to correctly read the data that GA is tracking?
I have been trying to slowly read this: http://static.googleusercontent.com/ext ... aining.pdf although its massive and half the information is not relevant.
Hi exactweb,

Thanks for the feedback!
I'm will be integrating the extra custom tracking into the extension when I have a chance so i'll release an update when this is ready. This has been requested a couple of times.

I can't recommend any guides as such as I haven't ever needed to use one but a quick google search showed these two which look like they could be quite useful (although I haven't looked through them properly!):
http://blog.vkistudios.com/index.cfm/20 ... User-Guide
http://www.slingshotseo.com/resources/g ... analytics/

Hope these help!

Location - UK

Post by maccadon » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:25 am

Everything seems to be working but the last couple of days i had multiple customers tell me the get a error on checkout.
After they payed with paypal and get to the succes page they get this error

vq2-catalog_model_checkout_order.php on line 171
On that location it says this

'ua_tracking'             => $uatracking_query->row['value'],
I checked my vqmod logs but there aren't any errors

What could be the problem?

Post by spitos » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi maccadon,

I've sent a PM

Location - UK

Post by tropnevad » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:17 pm

Hi

I have been using this extension and it has been working, however I have just upgraded to shoppica V2 theme, and this does no longer work. I have downloaded the extension Google Analytics Expert - Shoppica2 v1.5.2 -1.5.3x

However on the upload file it uploads the files to the shoppica folder, not the shoppica2 folder so that might be the problem? How can I fix this?

Thanks

Post by spitos » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi there,

My mistake, I had named the folder incorrectly. I have uploaded a new zip file with the correct folder structure.

In the upload folder inside the extension you have downloaded, please go here:

upload\catalog\view\theme\shoppica
and rename it to 'shoppica2' and upload the contents of that folder to the server preserving the structure.

This should fix any issues.

Thanks for letting me know :)

Location - UK

Post by Vovkag » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:05 pm

Hi, I have just purchase the "Google Analytics Expert v3.3 - OC v1.5.0 -1.5.1.3" and followed instructions (uploaded the contents of the 'upload' folder, made adjustments to the google analytics account as described and pulled adWords' code and inserted it to the success.tpl

But I am not sure I did it right as I do not see no new module at the admin site under 'Extention' / 'Modules'.

How do I activate/enable/install this "Google Analytics Expert" when login as admin?
Is there a way to verify my installation?
How to check if did I install it right?

thnx.

V.