Post by ncg » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:44 pm

I just installed OpenCart a few days ago after checking out the demo -- really like the design and simplicity of it. The total lack of documentation is something of a challenge though!
Like a lot of others, I gathered from the features list that a number of payment gateways were supported, when actually virtually none are ready for use yet. So, I wrote a solution to integrate with our current gateway, Paypal PayFlow Link. Please note: This is not the same as PayFlow Pro. Payflow link sends your customers to Paypal's pages to complete the transaction. For my purposes, I have them entering all of their credit card data on our site (we have a dedicated SSL certificate) and that data then being passed to PayFlow Link. The only thing they see on PayPal's site is a page saying their order was successful (or not) and a link returning them to our store, where their order status and shopping basket are updated.
If anyone is using PayFlow Link and wants a copy of what I came up with, let me know. It's not a proper payment module at this point in that some of the unique account info. is hardcoded as opposed to creating the ability to add it via the admin section. But that is certainly do-able.

Since we're using it strictly for event tickets, I also changed the product model field to be an event date field and added new sort order options for date and a new default sort order so that events in a particular category are default sorted by the date they occur with those coming up soonest listed first. This involved changes all over the place including to the dbase. I don't have all the changes fully documented, but if it's something that someone else can use, let me know and I'll tackle writing them up.

Oh, while I think of it, I didn't see much in the way of a user guide to the backend so I've put together one of those with a proper table of contents, screen shots of each step, etc. Should be finished in a day or two and will post it here.

Cheers and thanks to everyone who has worked at creating such a great product.

ncg

Post by mandamexico » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:15 am

I would like more information on setting up the payflow link on my website. I am a novice when it comes to CSS so the screen shots would help or a step by step process of some sort.

Thanks
Chris

My Extensions

OpenCart Developer (OCD) Tools

Donate - If I ever helped you.

Location - Los Angeles, CA

Post by ncg » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:19 am

Chris: Didn't have the "notify me when a reply is posted" option checked off so didn't know about your post. I'll put the files and instructions together for integrating PayFlow Link and post them up here asap -- we've been using it for several weeks now with no problems.

James

ncg

Post by ncg » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:52 am

Okay, just went through and gathered the files, wrote up instructions for installing it and setting up PayFlow Link and instructions on how to test it. Since my production store is heavily mod'ed I installed a clean copy of the latestest version of OpenCart on a test server and installed the PayFlow Link payment module on that to make sure everything would work for you.

In the zip file you have a PDF of the instructions plus a Word doc of the same thing. I replicated the folder structure so all you have to do is move the files to the same place in your installation (also typed up in the doc). For example, in the attached files you've got a folder tree "admin" --> "view" --> "template" --> "payment" inside of which is the file payflowlink.tpl. Just copy that file to the same place in your store directory.

Feel free to contact me if you've got any questions or need any help. Knock on wood, it's worked like a charm for us.

Cheers.

James

Attachments

PayFlow Link Payment Module

ncg

Post by creative1 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:05 pm

This is great! Thank you for providing this! I'm going to install it soon, and I'll post back with the results.

Post by creative1 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:20 pm

James,

I've installed your mod, and for the most part, it's working perfectly. I'm using the secure version, so they enter the card information on our site. I am able to submit test transactions, which appear in my paypal manager account. I even added the discover card to the card array, and that works fine too.

This is installed on Open Cart 1.2.9.

I do have a couple of issues:

1. Your instructions state that with the card version, the user will never leave the site. When I click the complete order button, it goes to the payflowlink conformation page (on paypal's site). When they click the button to return to the store, it returns to the order confirmation screen on Open Cart. Is this normal?

2. And this is really the important one, nothing is stored in the order database for completed orders. Customer history is empty, store orders are empty, it's as if nothing happened. However, the shopping cart has been emptied. Any idea why this could be happening?

I'm not sure if this is related, but your instructions said to make the return link this:
https://www.mystore.com?route=checkout/success (obviously replacing the domain)

That didn't make sense, since all other links add the index.php to the URL, so I did:
https://www.mystore.com/index.php?route ... ut/success

I did the same with the silent post url:
https://www.mystore.com/index.php?route ... gn/confirm

Regarding the silent post location, I was looking for that and couldn't find that page in the controller folder. There's payment/verisign.php, but it's blank.

Please help!

Post by ncg » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:43 am

Hi, glad to hear it's (almost) working for you. We've been using it all summer and it's been working great for us.

As far as the issues you're having:

1. You're correct and my instructions must have been inaccurate. After the person places their order they will skip the various confirmation screens on PayPal and go directly to the success (or error) screen where they have to click to return to the store. I think I was probably planning to set it up to skip that altogether and then didn't get to it. Sorry about the confusion.

2. The "verisign" part of the Silent POST URL is the problem. When I first wrote this stuff for our site I started with the Verisign files that came with store as a basis. When I went to upload the files to OpenCart I made everything PayFlowLink so it would be named properly. On my actual server it's still Verisign -- I never went back and changed ours. So the Silent POST URL link for your should be:

http://www.yourdomain.com?route=payment ... nk/confirm

That's the part that actually adds the order to your store, so that's why you're not seeing any results right now.

I'll update the instructions and re-post the whole thing so other people don't run into the same issues. Can't remember why I switched to having it still go to the PayPal confirmation screen and not just straight to the store checkout confirmation screen -- I'll probably go ahead and update that too if it's something anyone is interested in.

Cheers.

James

ncg

Post by ncg » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:07 am

Updated the instructions. New zip file attached.

ncg

Post by creative1 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:07 am

Fantastic - works beautifully - thanks!

Post by ncg » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:41 am

Great! Glad to hear it's working for you.

Cheers.

James

ncg

Post by mandamexico » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:34 am

im having trouble installing this add-on

if some of the folders u mention in the install are not configured to my opencart do i need to creat them?
im using a service called zebradots and they are using an older version of opencart v0.6.4 on their servers.

please help. thanks in advance

-Chris

My Extensions

Post by ncg » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:30 am

Chris: I've only used this version of OpenCart so I don't know if there are any changes from your version to this one that would cause problems. If you message me or post here with the specific issues you're having I'd be happy to try and help. I did just take a look at the demo for Zebradots and it has an option for "online update" -- can you use that to just update your store to the latest version of OpenCart?

Cheers.

James

ncg

Post by mandamexico » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:03 am

i tried the online update feature to no avail :'(
i sent zebradots a message but all i got back was this:

"We cannot provide support for newer versions of OpenCart at this time. OpenCart has
a rapidly-moving development schedule that makes it difficult to resolve the bugs in
a new release before an entirely new framework has already come out. For this
reason, ZebraDots is waiting for a stable release that can again serve as the
platform for an upgrade, which requires extensive testing and the assurance that it
still functions with the Main Menu properly when setting configuration values,
passwords, etc."

is there anyway i can use payflowlink with an older version of opencart? i dont want cust info stored at my store at all. i just want them redirected to their secured page because i dont have an ssl certificate.

if anyone can help please do :-[

thanks,
chris

My Extensions

Post by chk » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:06 pm

The code in the payment_mod.zip code doesn't support database prefixes (DB_PREFIX). Fix this by changing line #9 in the file: /catalog/model/payment/payflowlink.php

from

$query = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM zone_to_geo_zone WHERE geo_zone_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('payflowlink_geo_zone_id') . "' AND country_id = '" . (int)$address['country_id'] . "' AND (zone_id = '" . (int)$address['zone_id'] . "' OR zone_id = '0')");

to

$query = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "zone_to_geo_zone WHERE geo_zone_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('payflowlink_geo_zone_id') . "' AND country_id = '" . (int)$address['country_id'] . "' AND (zone_id = '" . (int)$address['zone_id'] . "' OR zone_id = '0')");

chk

Post by ncg » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:21 am

Nice catch on the DB_PREFIX. Updated the file, here's the lastest version.

ncg

Post by creative1 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:33 pm

ncg wrote:Nice catch on the DB_PREFIX. Updated the file, here's the lastest version.
Hmmmm, my installation seems to be working fine before this fix. I'm running opencart 1.2.9. What exactly is this part of the code doing? Is it necessary for me to apply this fix? (I hate touching code when it's working ;)

Post by Matty » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:09 pm

Hi NCG,

Thanks very much for posting the module for PayPal Payflow Link.

I have followed all of your installation instructions. When I go to click "edit" under the opencart admin for extensions > payments I get the following error...

Notice: Undefined index: warning in /usr/home/mysite/www/htdocs/opencart4/admin/controller/payment/payflowlink.php on line 46
Notice: Undefined index: merchant in /usr/home/mysite/www/htdocs/opencart4/admin/controller/payment/payflowlink.php on line 47
Notice: Undefined index: partner in /usr/home/mysite/www/htdocs/opencart4/admin/controller/payment/payflowlink.php on line 48

I am using opencart 1.4.6

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Matt

Post by htwo » Sat May 22, 2010 11:19 am

I've tried to download the Zip files in this thread but all of them are showing up with CRC errors. Does anybody have the files still?

Thanks in advance

Post by ncg » Thu May 27, 2010 7:26 am

Got a couple of PMs about this -- been a while since I've been back on this site. Still have the zip file which I'm attaching. Haven't done any upgrades / changes to it in the past six months or so, just FYI.

ncg

Post by envisionocity » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:53 pm

Matty wrote:Hi NCG,

Thanks very much for posting the module for PayPal Payflow Link.

I have followed all of your installation instructions. When I go to click "edit" under the opencart admin for extensions > payments I get the following error...

Notice: Undefined index: warning in /usr/home/mysite/www/htdocs/opencart4/admin/controller/payment/payflowlink.php on line 46
Notice: Undefined index: merchant in /usr/home/mysite/www/htdocs/opencart4/admin/controller/payment/payflowlink.php on line 47
Notice: Undefined index: partner in /usr/home/mysite/www/htdocs/opencart4/admin/controller/payment/payflowlink.php on line 48

I am using opencart 1.4.6

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Matt
I am currently having the same issue with this modification, on a clean install of Open Cart. However, I haven't seen any response, so I'm hoping by replying that it will draw attention back to this issue and find a resolution for it.

Thanks in advance!