Post by snedikjp » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi, I'm using version 1.5.1.3, and am having an issue seeing the size my customers order.

I receive an email (attachment 1) when a product is ordered that says the item, price, etc...but not size or color (size is more important now, as I can enter items seperately for each color as a work around)

Also, in the admin under the orders tab, I can see the same info, but still no size or color info (attachment 2)

Can someone help with this, as it is absolutely crucial for my business that i know what items my customers are ordering, obviously.

Thanks!

Attachments

Screen shot 2012-04-25 at 4.39.08 AM.png

Screen shot of admin - Screen shot 2012-04-25 at 4.39.08 AM.png (41.86 KiB) Viewed 617 times

Screen shot 2012-04-25 at 4.36.16 AM.png

Screenshot of email received - Screen shot 2012-04-25 at 4.36.16 AM.png (49.88 KiB) Viewed 617 times

Post by Avvici » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:56 pm

Are you setting up your sizes as options? If so, they should show just fine.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by snedikjp » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:03 pm

Hi Avvici, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have set sizing as an option. Sizing is showing up on the storefront fine, but is not being reported to me in any way.

Thanks,

Jim

Post by rob_pal » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:17 am

It's not showing up probably because you posted this into the wrong topic

Location - Leeds

Post by snedikjp » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:21 am

Sorry rob_pal, I'm not sure what you mean by "posted this into the wrong topic" can you be more specific? I am new to Opencart.

Thanks!

Post by rob_pal » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:10 am

Well, opencart will always misbehave if you asking questions about him in wrong topics in forums.

Tthis one we chatting in is called Live Shops, in the description says "Want to show off your new online shop? Do it here!" Obviously you didn`t show your shop to us, you asked for help, and this topic is not for that, so don`t wonder if your shop will start misbehave even more in the future !
:crazy:

Location - Leeds

Post by snedikjp » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:31 am

Hey, rob_pal, I believe I mentioned I was new to opencart, which I think would explain my confusion as to which forum to post to, so I'm sorry if I've offended anyone.

As far as I know, the point of these forums is to help out other users with questions they have with the product. Maybe a "you'd be better off posting in 'x' topic" would have been a more productive use of your time than writing a creepy, typo-ridden, sarcastic comment?

Thanks for your help.

Post by rob_pal » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:59 am

I just been joking man, but you just answered your question.
You`d be definitely better of posting in General Support, the category that is for General support for technical problems with OpenCart v1.x, I'm sure more people will see your problem there and help you than in a "show off" topic like this one.
Probably a lot of people who seen your post and could help you won't do it because you are in the wrong topic.

Cheers,

Location - Leeds

Post by snedikjp » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:10 am

Thanks rob_pal, I appreciate it. Sorry for the snap, been a long few days trying to get everything working properly.

If you'd like to take a look at my site, it is working pretty darn well on the front end, just the back end where I am having issues right now.

Site is www.leftoftrend.com, love to hear some feedback.

Thanks

Post by rob_pal » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:35 am

I think you asking too much, I can`t see why anybody would register on your site just to help you out, or just to see what your problem is. Anyway, as long as the problem is in the back end there is not a lot to look at on the front end.

I recommend to ask the guys from whoever built the Spicylicious theme ( is that what you are using ? ), being a back end problem you have to give access to somebody who knows code, and he can look at it properly. I don`t see this problem sorted just by describe it.

Location - Leeds