Post by i2Paq » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:42 am

Qphoria wrote:
i2Paq wrote:
R_D wrote:Don't know if this is really a bug but a customer can create multiple accounts by entering his/her email with capital or without capital letters or mix theme al around.

This is mentioned before but this is by design.......
It is? seems like a horrible bug to me. I don't want customers complaining that they can't login because they used Johnsmith@site.com instead of johnsmith@site.com. That's a big bug.
i2Paq wrote:
Daniel wrote:is the email address in lower case? it works for me.
I think it should be forced to use the e-mail in lower case. This mixed upper_lower case will cause issues.
Reported: Postby i2Paq » 07 Jun 2011, 17:25

The same goes for the Discount Coupon Codes which is really a pain in the *ss with the case sensitive.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by rph » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:26 am

Qphoria wrote:
i2Paq wrote:
R_D wrote:Don't know if this is really a bug but a customer can create multiple accounts by entering his/her email with capital or without capital letters or mix theme al around.

This is mentioned before but this is by design.......
It is? seems like a horrible bug to me. I don't want customers complaining that they can't login because they used Johnsmith@site.com instead of johnsmith@site.com. That's a big bug.
I reported that a couple weeks back and it was fixed in r998/r999.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by Johnathan » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:10 pm

Not really a bug, but a suggested improvement: the shipping steps should be disabled if the "Shipping" Order Total is disabled. The necessary file edit is:

Code: Select all

IN:
/system/library/cart.php

AFTER:
$shipping = false;

ADD:
if (!$this->config->get('shipping_status')) {
    return $shipping;
} 

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:11 pm

theres lots of ways people can do this like not setting products require shipping.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Johnathan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:14 am

Daniel wrote:theres lots of ways people can do this like not setting products require shipping.
Yeah, it's true -- this is more of feature in anticipation of user error, since (in my experience) people often forget to check the "Requires Shipping" setting. It's also faster than editing all your products if you change your store setup at some point, but I'll put a vQmod out there in case you don't want to add it to the core.

Administrator

Post by jan_00 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:19 am

hi i found 2 bugs in oc 1.5.2.2

undefined variable: insurance in .... catalog/model/shipping/parcelforce_48.php on line 60

and another bug that have been in oc 1.5.1.3 and its available in oc 1.5.2.2 is in add to cart button in homepage

if you install oc with www and when go to front without www add to cart dont work or if you install oc without www and go to front whit www add to cart dont work

for example you can check it here http://fido-x.net/

http://www.fido-x.net/

Post by dwcar49us » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:02 am

Hi,
I have a working 1.5.1.3 site on Linux. I backed up MySQL DB and all files in site. Downloaded 1.5.2.1. unzipped into my site directory, copied previous config.php and admin/config.php files back. went to www.mysite.com/install page and got 500 server error. Same with home page. recopied my 1.5.1.3 backup and everything works as before.

Can you suggest what may be wrong? I will pay for upgrade support if needed.

David Carroll

Post by dabomb59404 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:25 am

jan_00 wrote:hi i found 2 bugs in oc 1.5.2.2

undefined variable: insurance in .... catalog/model/shipping/parcelforce_48.php on line 60

and another bug that have been in oc 1.5.1.3 and its available in oc 1.5.2.2 is in add to cart button in homepage

if you install oc with www and when go to front without www add to cart dont work or if you install oc without www and go to front whit www add to cart dont work

for example you can check it here http://fido-x.net/

http://www.fido-x.net/
For your www and non www add to cart problem you can add some things to your .htaccess file to remedy that. At least that is what I did to fix it. For more information go here: http://www.htaccessbasics.com/force-www-nonwww-domain/

Post by Johnathan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:30 am

Is anyone else having trouble with IE8 and downloads? People are saying they're not working on my site. I've tested them using all modifications disabled on my site (so essentially a default installation), and have confirmed they're not working for some reason. Any thoughts?

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:44 am

try the svn version.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by jan_00 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:26 pm

hi thanks
i konw this redirect and do it but i want to fix this problem and another problem is when you parked a domin on your opencart site add to cart dont work

daniel can you fix this problems????

thanks

Post by Julio Meca » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Hi Daniel,

I've found two weird behaviours in the latest version of OpenCart, 1.5.2.1 (no patches or modifications, just running in vanilla mode against MySQL 5.1.61 and PHP 5.2.17), which is the following:

1. Any defined tax doesn't work if you log in, but it does while on 'guest' mode, which is very weird. The thing is we have also checked this against your demo OpenCart installation on the website and it does the same. Prices are shown but any applicable tax is not shown (any item appears without taxes, both in their description and the shopping cart).

[steps to reproduce]
1a. select any product and add it to the shopping cart (or just take note of the prices/taxes from any item in the shop)
1b. log in
1c. check either any product or the shopping cart

2. The cookie mechanism has a severe security flaw. If you happen to have more than one OpenCart installation (for different stores within the same machine/server) and you log in with any recent OpenCart installation, you're automatically logged in in any of the other OpenCart installations, given they're older versions. We're still studying it, but seems like it's related to the way cookies are handled. User 'Julio Meca' is logged in in another OpenCart installation as 'Javier Montero' (to put it like an example), as the ID's match but OpenCart is not checking for if a given cookie belongs to that installation or not, like if they were kinda generic, which is wrong.

[steps to reproduce]
2a. have two different installations of OpenCart, one with 1.5.x and the other with a less recent version (1.4.x in our test case, as we're upgrading our shop)
2b. Log in in the 'recent' OpenCart installation
2c. Open the old OpenCart installation website

Hope that helps,
Julio

Post by Daniel » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:21 pm

Julio Meca wrote:Hi Daniel,
1. Any defined tax doesn't work if you log in, but it does while on 'guest' mode, which is very weird. The thing is we have also checked this against your demo OpenCart installation on the website and it does the same. Prices are shown but any applicable tax is not shown (any item appears without taxes, both in their description and the shopping cart).
you need to set in the admin > settings to set to use the default tax address as the payment or shipping one. it works just you have not configured it properly.
Julio Meca wrote: 2. The cookie mechanism has a severe security flaw. If you happen to have more than one OpenCart installation (for different stores within the same machine/server) and you log in with any recent OpenCart installation, you're automatically logged in in any of the other OpenCart installations, given they're older versions. We're still studying it, but seems like it's related to the way cookies are handled. User 'Julio Meca' is logged in in another OpenCart installation as 'Javier Montero' (to put it like an example), as the ID's match but OpenCart is not checking for if a given cookie belongs to that installation or not, like if they were kinda generic, which is wrong.
its not a security flaw. you should only have one installation per domain or sub domain. same reason you should never use shared ssl because cookies can be shared across the same domain.

i'm not going into it because it would wast to much of my time. do some reading.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Julio Meca » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:41 am

Daniel wrote:You need to set in the admin > settings to set to use the default tax address as the payment or shipping one. it works just you have not configured it properly.
No, we already did that as part of the setup process and it doesn't work, like I told you. We also modified our existing taxes, changing the geozones, the tax application context, their rates, values, client groups, etc., and it's still not working. Even worse... when you create a new tax rate, regardless of its values, it says '30/11/-0001'.

What can be wrong?

Post by Daniel » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:40 am

it works for me and the date added means nothing when calculating taxes.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:07 am

Plus you should be using the latest patch from the first post as this may already be fixed.

Administrator

Post by MZBS » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:08 pm

Hello,

I make a completly new instalation of Opencart 1.5.2.1 and when I go to System-Settings-Edit I get this error:

Notice: Error: Could not load language setting/setting! in /hermes/waloraweb033/b414/moo.herziostorecom/roommate/system/library/language.php on line 39

So no way to go to the settings page...

Also when I try to enter to Currency settings page I get a Page Not Found 404 Opencart error :-[

I have deleted and re-upload the shop and re-installed 2 times completly from 0 and I get the same errors...

Any idea?

Post by Heks » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:45 pm

hi,

i have the following problem with Store setings. when i click to edit store seting all shows fine, but i cant save any changes. i gen forwarding to "The page you requested cannot be found!".

I made update store for version r885-990, but gat same problem.

if i edit product ore other options work fine.

have ideas why?

Post by wroughtec » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:19 am

Ok so the below is not exctly a bug but thought I would bring it up as I had a fix as well for it. I am looking at making an HTML 5 template (I know crazy ;) ) and on validating I had a few issues that came up obviously. Most were simple enough to solve and design based so not really worth bringing up but the following might be worth adding to the core code.

On the product page the tags which have spaces in get seen as whitespace in the url which the validator does not like (and so it should not). The simplest solution I had was to make a small change to the controller file of the product page changing (on my version) line 352 from:

'href' => $this->url->link('product/search', 'filter_tag=' .$result['tag'])
to

'href' => $this->url->link('product/search', 'filter_tag=' . urlencode($result['tag']))

Post by arames » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:23 am

BUG in canonical

If you go to:
http://demo.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... duct_id=46

or ANY other product, in the source code you will see:

<link href="http://demo.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... duct_id=46" rel="canonical" />

As you can see there is an amp; added to the URL.

Hope for a fix soon.

Warm regards