Post by cocoamedia » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:36 pm

Version 1.5.1.3

When I add and affiliate wither manually through admin or the front end thaey get signed up ok, I can approve them.

They get a successful signup email etc.

When I use the tracking URL
[ www.thecambridgeclinic.co.uk/?tracking=4f96b1694ce16 ]
or
[ http://www.thecambridgeclinic.co.uk/ind ... 6b1694ce16 ]

I can run a product through checkout, but the affiliate doesn't receive any commission ???

http://www.cocoamedia.co.uk

Location - UK

Post by Avvici » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:46 pm

You don't want your affiliates getting paid automatically every time a sale is made. No one in their right mind would do that. It's a fast way to lose a shit load of money....My advice? Set a PAY OUT schedule and make it strict. Only PAY OUT to affiliates during certain times of the month and ONLY if they reach a certain total. For example: You must have at least $100.00 to be paid out. It's common for companies to set up rules to even things out.

Unfortunately Open Cart does not have a payment method for affiliates. That goes to say that even though you have their Pay Pal email you have to pay them manually. There is always a running balance on their commission totals. It's up to you to mail checks, transfer money to their bank account, or use your own pay pal account. If you do decide that you want to offer automatic payments, Pay Pal Websites Payments Pro does have an API method to pay another Pay Pal Member via your website. You would need to fill your own Pay Pal account with money and just draw from that account every time an affiliate is paid. This is nice because even if your paypal account runs low it will still draw from your check card or bank account to make up the difference. My advice? Just payout manually.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by cocoamedia » Wed May 09, 2012 10:44 pm

thanks avvici - I figured it out, you have to assign the commission in the order dialogue page..

http://www.cocoamedia.co.uk

Location - UK

Post by markyie » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:49 am

cocoamedia wrote:thanks avvici - I figured it out, you have to assign the commission in the order dialogue page..
hi.. i;m new in opencart.. do u mind if u tell me where can i find " order dialogue page"..
thanks.

Post by STN » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:09 am

Its an old thread i know but i had the same problem just now and googling brought this thread but to no help. Until i figured it out myself so to help others who might have the same prob.

You should see an option to Add Commission when viewing orders, if the order was placed under an affiliate tracking code for example this watch trainer link, you should see the option pop-up. You have to do this for each and every order else the affiliate won't get any commission.

It is kinda tiring especially if a lot of orders are being made but i guess it gives the admin more control.

Game Trainers

STN