Post by JAY6390 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:30 am

Glad to hear it's making a difference. Over time, that 1.5 should actually reduce even more. As for other stuff, I guess on a VPS you could enable query caching if you haven't done so already
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/enable-th ... mance.html
All database connections should be closing properly unless the page is timing out, which to be honest they shouldn't, so not sure how that is happening. As for the crashed tables, I'd recommend you get the server guy to try and repair them if possible

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by jfn99 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:12 am

Thank you Jay, I'll check it out.

Post by jfn99 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:02 am

Jay, with the Page Cache in action. if changes are made to the products, informational pages content and other similar things, will the page reload or whatever is on cache will show?

my concern is clients don't see the products and information updates if they come a second time to the page.

Post by JAY6390 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:05 am

You need to clear cache each time you make changes that affect things like that, so my advice is to make your edits in bulk if possible, then reload. That said, once an item is in the basket, your clients will see live data, nothing cached, so they will never have wrong information by the time they go to checkout

Guru Member

Post by jfn99 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:31 am

That could be a problem as my client the store owner does regular changes, adds new products and edit some.
is it possible to automate the clear cache ?

Post by JAY6390 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:03 am

it is, but would mean the whole cache is cleared really. There's an option to make cache pages expire after so many hours. Perhaps having that set to ever 6 hours or so, so the pages are never more than 6 hours out of date. I mean you could get it so that it updates them hourly, however I would have thought that might put more burden on your store than you would like

Guru Member

Post by d4site » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi I'm using 1.5 version on arvixe hosting, will this extention work without any problems?

Tłumaczenia stron internetowych
CEO Magazyn Polska
Bags Shop

Post by JAY6390 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:50 pm

It should yes. I've not had anyone on Arvixe have issues yet

Guru Member

Post by vbeads » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:35 am

I bought this today, I am pretty sure I have done all the installs and configs correctly, but the bar is nowhere to be found...and I really can't tell a difference with the load-time. the clear cache to the left of the Help in admin is there... So, I know I did something right! Can you please advise?

www.virginiabeads.com

Post by JAY6390 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:39 am

Hi

Please make sure you log into your admin then view your site. you need to be logged in as an administrator

Also, you can view the times by viewing the source of the page. They should be at the very bottom. If they aren't, then something hasn't been set up correctly

Kind regards
Jay

Guru Member

Post by vbeads » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:06 am

well duh... didn't think about that... my mom just went to my site... she must have the slowest computer ever made... she said it came up pretty quick for her... great buy! :)

Post by vbeads » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:07 am

would you happen to have some kind of mod that will force I.E compatibility mode? I am having a heck of time with that.

Post by vbeads » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:19 am

Okay... I must have done something wrong. it's not showing in the source either.

Post by vbeads » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:42 am

Can you suggest some help for this?

Post by JAY6390 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi. The only thing I can suggest is did you do the index.php file change? If so, please email me with your FTP details (jay@jaygilford.com)

Kind regards
Jay

Guru Member

Post by vbeads » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:38 pm

will be sending in a few... can't get it going. :(

Post by JAY6390 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:35 pm

Solved. Was due to vqmod not being installed correctly on the index.php file

Guru Member

Post by spitos » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi Jay,

Just installed and the extension has improved speed massively. Thanks.

I am having an issue though where after logging in though admin and viewing the pages, the Without Caching in the bar is showing as 'N/A', with caching is showing the time correctly.

Do you know why this is?

Google Analytics Expert - Advanced e-commerce tracking, Product & options reporting, transaction/conversion reporting, Google Adwords conversion & profit reporting, goal & funnel reporting, event tracking, site search tracking, multi-store compatibility, EU Cookie Law compliance and works with any theme or checkout! Easy vqmod install. Get it here

Location - UK

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:24 pm

Hi spitos

Yeah the reason is likely due to you either having something in your basket or being logged in as a customer/affiliate. When you are, you aren't viewing the cached pages, and therefore the times aren't available for you. If you are sure you aren't logged in and don't have an item in your basket, please email me the site and an admin login and I will validate this and if necessary request FTP details to debug

Kind regards
Jay

Guru Member

Post by spitos » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:59 pm

I have fixed the issue now... A bit silly really.

I've set vqmod to useCache = True in my index.php so I just needed to delete the changed files in vqcache and the timer is now working correctly.

Thanks

Google Analytics Expert - Advanced e-commerce tracking, Product & options reporting, transaction/conversion reporting, Google Adwords conversion & profit reporting, goal & funnel reporting, event tracking, site search tracking, multi-store compatibility, EU Cookie Law compliance and works with any theme or checkout! Easy vqmod install. Get it here

Location - UK