Post by straightlight » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:48 pm

All the calculations you see from the admin orders should then be seen into the checkout invoice page.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by stonehinged » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:11 am

Thanks straightlight, but the order details do NOT display on the success page itself, correct? One must clickthrough to the invoice page to see these details if I understand correctly.

I would have to agree with qphoria that the order recap on the success page itself is a much needed addition to opencart. On most websites I'm used to seeing this recap when my order is finished. And of course having a convenient option for a print-friendly version of the details is an added bonus.

I'm using 1.5.2.1... by chance have you done any retooling of your mod to ensure working compatibility with 1.5.2.1? I'm seeing some error messages with this version.

Looks like a great deal of work, so thanks for your efforts!
Last edited by stonehinged on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

STONEHINGED
Handcrafted, Semi-Precious Jewelry
http://www.stonehinged.com/

Location - US

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:16 am

Yes, that is correct.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by stonehinged » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:17 am

Thanks again for the speedy reply. Just edited my response above with just a few more questions.

STONEHINGED

Location - US

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:31 am

While the request has been questioned before regarding to add a print friendly option, how can a printer option be added at the same time as an invoice page that also requires to add the 'continue' button so for customers to go back to the home page ?

Unless your customers wishes to see this button on their invoice or on their printed copy (which according to me would be quite inappropriate), either way still won't be a conformed copy between merchant and customer anyhow which is why the most logical decision I had to take while developing this contribution was to add a separated page instead so for customers to be able to print the invoice at their own discretion. ;)

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by stonehinged » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:20 am

Actually I don't mind the direction you went with your mod at all. It still makes perfect sense, more so with your last reply. My interest for having details on the success page actually lies within another problem altogether. I think opencart desperately needs to return order variables on the success page for tracking and other 3rd party scripts that require these variables.

I have managed to get all but order tax and order voucher amounts back to the success page with other contributions I found, thus my previous question to you regarding shipping and tax. Those variables elude me.

I suppose in the end I could always have PayPal redirect back to the invoice.tpl page but not sure what that might look like either.

Thanks!

STONEHINGED

Location - US

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:40 am

I suppose in the end I could always have PayPal redirect back to the invoice.tpl page but not sure what that might look like either.
Your assumption is correct. While redirected from PayPal, it would be harden to distinguish a successful order from the payment status during while the shipping and tax may still be enabled or even once eliminated from the checkout success page unless the order ID is being kept which wouldn't be the best option for security reasons. Even if the order ID being kept, automated recalls would need to be re-launched to the payment gateway for tracking purposes even though the customer has not yet clicked on the continue button to go back to the home page which would be completely pointless of doing so, in this case.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by hfinlay10 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:55 am

I'm confused. I followed the instructions and created and installed invoice.css and tpl, and uploaded the xml to vqmod/xml, but nothing appears to have chnaged when placing an order. Where and when is the print invoice button meant to appear?

Thanks for your work.

Location - Australia

Post by hfinlay10 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:08 pm

Also shouldn't line 7 of the tpl code call the invoice.css from the <mycustomtheme> stylesheet folder rather than default, as there is no invoice.css in default/stylesheet folder?

Now: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="view/theme/default/stylesheet/invoice.css" />

Should be: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="view/theme/<mycustomtheme>/stylesheet/invoice.css" />

Location - Australia

Post by straightlight » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:10 pm

I'm confused. I followed the instructions and created and installed invoice.css and tpl, and uploaded the xml to vqmod/xml, but nothing appears to have chnaged when placing an order. Where and when is the print invoice button meant to appear?
Upon succession.

As for the CSS, it was only for example but yes that is correct, it can be changed into any valid template folder since templates are about customization anyhow.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by hfinlay10 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:52 pm

Hmm, OK, but I still have the unchanged order success page after installing as per instructions. Any idea why?

Location - Australia

Post by straightlight » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:19 pm

With minimal and vague reports, it is only harden to indicate what might be the source of the problem.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by fili » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:14 pm

this is what i'm looking for, i'll try asap, many thanks ;D is there any extensions to print invoice by customer / when they checkout for opencart 1.5 ?

Post by thejonandonly » Sun May 20, 2012 6:12 am

Amazing! I've been looking all over for this! Thanks.

Quick Question, is there an easy way to allow users to download the same invoice from their order information page in my account as well?

Any help would be amazing!

Thanks, Jon

Post by straightlight » Sun May 20, 2012 6:19 am

Not at the present time. I already did it as a custom job for a client from HTML to PDF in the account order history which works fine but the free version does not have this methodology.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by thejonandonly » Sun May 20, 2012 8:54 pm

OK no problem, is that code available to buy?

Are you available to do some work? How much would you charge to create a VQmod to add a print invoice button (the same as on the success page) to the order information page. PM me? :)

Im on opencart 1.5.2.1

Cheers,

Jon

Post by straightlight » Sun May 20, 2012 8:57 pm

Send me a PM.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by thejonandonly » Thu May 24, 2012 6:47 am

Hi again!

I get a an Notice: Undefined variable: button_invoice in mydomain/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_view_theme_default_template_common_success.tpl on line 12

On page

/index.php?route=information/contact/success

Looks like its trying to put the invoice button the the success page of contact as well. it uses the same template page doesnt it as checkout complete?.

Has anyone found this / or has a fix for it.

Cheers,

Jon

Post by straightlight » Thu May 24, 2012 6:52 am

This would be one of the reasons why the checkout success should be restricted to checkout activities only. If no checkout are involved, that page should be restricted period. :/

The button may be displayed on the contact success page due to a traceable session that may still be active upon successful orders; perhaps due to installed contributions which one author did not cleared out their session data from their payment modules.

So far, I cannot reproduce this problem regarding this button showing up on the contact success page.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by thejonandonly » Thu May 24, 2012 7:05 am

Hmmm its very odd. I might just have to create a seperate success page for the postback from the contact page.