Post by Daniel » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:32 pm

I think the user name needs to be yourname@gmail.com

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Leon » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:33 pm

Qphoria, while that works, it doesn't actually use gmail to send the mail.

It just uses your gmail as a 'sent from' address, then goes ahead and uses your hosting accounts default address, though this won't get shown to the user at the other end; unless they choose to view the message source.

I think uycarumba is trying to actually send mail through gmail.

uycarumba, your settings do look weird.
Have you tried the host smpt.gmail.com with port 465, and your actual gmail account?
Gmail requires ssl if that's any help.

Post by Daniel » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:03 pm

lok if anyone can have a look at the class and try to get it working that would be great.

When I tried testing with gmail it kept tellng me I need to set the socket.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Leon » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:15 am

hcamelion wrote:Ok here are my steps for a smooth upgrade from 1.3.0 to 1.3.2 with an attached sql file to run....
(Im not sure if this will work from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 you will have to do a diff on the three schemas)
1.3.0 > 1.3.2

To Upgrade:
1. First off backup your site.
2. Goto your opencart's store admin and download a backup of your database.
3. Delete the files in your hosting directory. **SEE NOTE AFTER LAST STEP**
4. Upload the files from the download.
5. Go through the install as normal but use a new database while keeping the old intact.
6. Once the install is done run the attached file db_changes.sql in your database administrator on the old database.
7. Goto the image directory from the backup and copy all the image and upload to the image directory on your hosting.
8. Goto the download directory from the backup and copy all the downloads and upload to the download directory on your hosting.
9. Go to the administration and give Top Administrator access to customer groups and modify abilities.
10. Change to the old database in both the admin and catalog config files.
11. Load the site and test everything.

**If you have tons of large images and downloads you may choose not to delete the downloads and images folders**
Note: this assumes you do not have a database prefix. If you do you will have to add the prefix to the sql commands in the sql file.

Let me know how it works for everyone. ^-^

PS: Yes the new version did fix the pagination issue. :)
Thank you very much; worked a treat.

Post by Pulkit » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:44 am

Hello,
I missed the sql changes instructions and made a mistake.
I made a backup of my previous database through admin and installed v1.3.2 into the same database without making any changes.
Now im not able to restore the previous database into the new cart.
All im left with are my old files and the backup of database which i made through admin.
Please help.

Post by Leon » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:47 am

Can you not, using a database editor such as phpmyadmin, remove all tables from the database, then use the backup?

Post by Pulkit » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:02 am

hello,
i found out the solution
i re-installed v 1.3.0 and restored the database.
i would b upgrading as per the instructions now.
thank you

Post by Albert » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:31 am

change password error

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined index: password in /home3/interos7/public_html/sianshop_com/catalog/controller/account/password.php on line 73Notice: Undefined index: confirm in /home3/interos7/public_html/sianshop_com/catalog/controller/account/password.php on line 79

-> eCommerce Service Provider ekuzo

Location - China

Post by yrshopping » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:08 pm

Hello Sirs,

What's different between v1.3.2 & v.1.3.0? since I am fresh people for update system. bcos I worry about
how to install again. thank you.

b.rgds
David Wei

Post by Daniel » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:19 pm

ok i just did another mini update with a fix for the password bug and another minor bug.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by jason_class » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:17 pm

Hi All

Can help to advise if Japanese language pack for v12.9(most updated one I can find here) can be used on Opencart v1.3.2 without affecting the latest features in this latest version?

If there is any issue relating to this action, should I use only Opencart v1.2.9 instead? Any major issue if I keep using this version?

Thanks a lot
Jason

Post by Daniel » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:39 pm

there will be a few changes. just install it and correct any missing language files or texts.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by piseth » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:43 pm

jamieleshaw wrote:Are there instructions available for upgrading from 1.3?

I use https://www.simplescripts.com/ to install OP and how to upgrade from 130 to 132?

Piseth

Piseth
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
http://www.cambodia365.com

Location - Cambodia

Post by iloveopencart » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:53 am

Hi Daniel,

Very nice work on those bug fixes and new features!!! There's one new issue I found, however. My email address ends in @q.com. The application is now telling me during install and during customer registration that my email address is invalid... which I'm sure has to do with the new email verification code you're using. It's doesn't seem to like 1-letter domain names ??? .

Also, now with the new features for logged in customers, you may want consider adding this:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... +in#p21139.

Global Moderator

Location - Phoenix, AZ

Post by twiggy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:12 am

update instructions from ver 1.3.1 to 1.3.2

Post by jamieleshaw » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:29 am

Yes! the Japanese Language Pack works fine!

Post by jamieleshaw » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:58 am

hcamelion wrote:Ok here are my steps for a smooth upgrade from 1.3.0 to 1.3.2 with an attached sql file to run....
(Im not sure if this will work from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 you will have to do a diff on the three schemas)
1.3.0 > 1.3.2

To Upgrade:
5. Go through the install as normal but use a new database while keeping the old intact.
6. Once the install is done run the attached file db_changes.sql in your database administrator on the old database.
7. Goto the image directory from the backup and copy all the image and upload to the image directory on your hosting.
8. Goto the download directory from the backup and copy all the downloads and upload to the download directory on your hosting.
9. Go to the administration and give Top Administrator access to customer groups and modify abilities.

**If you have tons of large images and downloads you may choose not to delete the downloads and images folders**
Note: this assumes you do not have a database prefix. If you do you will have to add the prefix to the sql commands in the sql file.

Thanks the upgrade went perfectly!

Post by topgun » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:17 am

jamieleshaw wrote:
1.3.0 > 1.3.2

To Upgrade:

Thanks the upgrade went perfectly!
Could someone please explain step 6 to me. I can't seem to find that file anywhere. Even in phpMyAdmin

Post by hcamelion » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:25 am

You have to go to the original post on page 1 of this thread. What you are seeing are quotes of that original post and the OP has the attachment that contains the db_changes.sql file.

Henry Weismann
877.44.MY.WEB (877.446.9932)
We can help with your Opencart Site - Opencart Web Developer

Location - Albany, NY, USA

Post by topgun » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:31 am

hcamelion wrote:You have to go to the original post on page 1 of this thread. What you are seeing are quotes of that original post and the OP has the attachment that contains the db_changes.sql file.
Thanks.

Also, how do I go about running that file in phpmyadmin? Is it through the query section?