Post by MikeH » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:47 am

I've read many topics about the email function not working properly, but none of the solutions posted have worked for me. My install of OC is not sending emails when an order is placed (or a newsletter is sent). I've tried it using both "Mail" and "SMTP". I know my php mail function is working because I have other sites that use it just fine. The SMTP settings are correct because I can access the box via a webmail client I use. My server requires authentication, and there is no option to enable that, could that be a problem with SMTP?

I'm extremely anxious to get this working. Without an email function I cannot go live. I've installed and tried almost every other ecommerce script there is and this one is the best by far. It is simple, clean, and fast. Not cluttered with a bazillion confusing settings and features that I will never need or use. It would make me cry if I had to use some a different script.

http://www.klemporium.com

Post by CodeBits » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:15 am

I have a similar problem except that all email functions work with exception of the Alert email that should be sent when an order is placed. Now I have posted on this and have received no response ??? I have the problem with versions 1.2.9 and 1.3.0 In the 1.2.8 versions I have running all the email functions including the Alert mail are working. So in my case I'm sure it's not my mail server.

I'm going to be comparing the 1.2.8 mail files against the other two versions this weekend, I hope to find the error that is causing this. It may not be the mail handler, it could be the trigger to send the Alert mail... I have to research that as well. Once I find it I'll surely post on it.

Post by zeevy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:02 pm

I have the similar problem with 1.30 version.
By making some changes in 1.3.0 and using PEAR mail package, i am able to send mails, but mails are encrypted with base64.

I think the method used in mail.php to send mails via SMPT ( fsockopen and fput are not supported by all mail servers ).
take a look on the code
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5325

Post by CodeBits » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:31 am

Well, 128 and 129 don't use SMTP and the only problem I have is with Alert Mail. I compared the mail file of 128 and 129 and there really no difference. I have to assume that in 129 the Trigger to send Alert mail is not working, I have to find that trigger and figure out the problem.