Post by CodeBits » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:36 am

This module is a clone of the information module and provides the vehicle to add unlimited custom pages to an independent menu which can be set into the left or right columns. You can set the sort order of the menu within the column of choice. Review the ReadMe.html doc. for installation. This module is for Opencart v1.2.9 default install and has not been tested to work with any other version. Be sure to backup your files before installation or modifications.

File is located in OpenCarts Module Contributions
Contribution Name - Directory Module 129

Post by Qphoria » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:47 am

You got a few bugs in your directory structure and naming convention.

1. you named the "admin/model" folder as "admin/module". A mistake I've also made in the past....once ;)
2. your sql file makes tables called "oc_directory" but in the model file its looking for just "directory"

Also why call it "directory" instead of just "static pages" or something. For a second I was thinking it was doing some kind of directory listing.

Administrator

Post by CodeBits » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:16 am

Qphoria wrote:You got a few bugs in your directory structure and naming convention.

1. you named the "admin/model" folder as "admin/module". A mistake I've also made in the past....once ;)
2. your sql file makes tables called "oc_directory" but in the model file its looking for just "directory"

Also why call it "directory" instead of just "static pages" or something. For a second I was thinking it was doing some kind of directory listing.
Must have done that while I was making up the folder set for the zip files.
I'll fix that straight away and re-upload.

v1.2.9 uses database prefix ego I have a blurb in the sql to replace the oc_ with your appropriate prefix if any.
"Table structure for table `oc_directory` replace oc_ with your database prefix"
But that being said, maybe I should be sure to add this notation to the ReadMe.html

That you for catching these errors and bring them to my attention.

Post by CodeBits » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:58 am

Qphoria wrote:Also why call it "directory" instead of just "static pages" or something. For a second I was thinking it was doing some kind of directory listing.
Oh I don't know I guess that's just how my mind works... DIRECTORY - The name for a logical container of files.

I suppose I could have called it "static pages"or a number of other names. I didn't really think of the pages as static since they're dynamic in nature.

Anyway new zip file is in place with corrections.

Thanks again ;)

Post by Qphoria » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:07 am

Well, when dealing with sql you can never guess what a person's prefix is going to be so you are better off leaving it with no prefix altogether and just telling them. At least then it will work straight away.

There should really be an admin based sql patcher that can handle that stuff for you. ZenCart has that nice sql patcher module.

Administrator

Post by CodeBits » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:27 pm

Qphoria wrote:Well, when dealing with sql you can never guess what a person's prefix is going to be so you are better off leaving it with no prefix altogether and just telling them. At least then it will work straight away.

There should really be an admin based sql patcher that can handle that stuff for you. ZenCart has that nice sql patcher module.
Good information to remember, thank you for the insight. sql is not my strong suit, nor is making modules, I'm a designer/coder... but I needed this for myself and have no fear of getting my hands into the code that makes it all work. I saw several post of members wanting this and wanted to offer it to the community as well. I'm sure I'll get better in the module building as I go along especially when getting feedback as you have offered me.

Thanks again :)

Post by ellina » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:24 am

I would like to say thank you to the contributor :-*
I simply edited the directory.sql file, replacing oc_directory and oc_directory_description with just directory and directory_description, and everything worked like a charm. I really needed this one and I couldn't figure it out myself.
Thanks again!

http://www.neatcss.com

Post by DannyMacD » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:12 am

this is exactly what im after! shame this isnt 1.3.0 yet :(

Post by Qphoria » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:58 am

It is 1.3.0 as well
There were no changes that would affect this.

Administrator

Post by CodeBits » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:49 am

Your most welcome, I'm happy to see it of use to others and that all worked as designed.
Also nice to see it will work in v1.3.0, I had not tested that yet 8)

Post by DannyMacD » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:23 am

works on 1.3.0 :) have it on a test site n works fine :) thank you!

Post by Rich » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:44 am

Just try this wonderful module on OpenCart v 1.3 and works perfectly.

Thanks for the work

Rich
Bird is the word

Location - Bird Cage

Post by lucyvanpelt » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:03 pm

Rich wrote:Just try this wonderful module on OpenCart v 1.3 and works perfectly.

Thanks for the work
hi which one did you download for 1.33?
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ion_id=207

Post by lucyvanpelt » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:56 am

is there anyway to install this without going into sql?

will it be hard to upgrade eventually?

Post by moggiex » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:33 am

Hi,

When using V 1.3.3 or 1.3.4 when clicking the edit link in the Admin > Modules section for this module, the following is reported back:

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined index: warning in /home/sites/<store_name>/admin/controller/module/directory.php on line 36
Looking in the code for this php file its refering to:

$this->data['error_warning'] = @$this->error['warning'];
Which looks like a generic bail-out error :(

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Matt

It was like that when I found it, honest!

Post by moggiex » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:57 pm

moggiex wrote:Hi,

When using V 1.3.3 or 1.3.4 when clicking the edit link in the Admin > Modules section for this module, the following is reported back:

Notice: Undefined index: warning in /home/sites/<store_name>/admin/controller/module/directory.php on line 36
Looking in the code for this php file its refering to:

$this->data['error_warning'] = @$this->error['warning'];
Which looks like a generic bail-out error :(

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Matt
Can anyone point me mint he right direction on attempting to solve this issue, so that it can be used with v1.3.4 ?

Matt

It was like that when I found it, honest!

Post by CodeBits » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:43 am

Sorry for the delay in response, I've been a bit overwhelmed with issues here at home. My 28 year old daughter was stabbed and sliced over 20 times and has been in the ICU for a while. She's is stabilized as of yesterday.

This module isn't compatible with v133 or 134 as you now know, so I need to port it over to the new version. I'll try to have this mod done by this weekend. Best I can do right now.

Thanks for your understanding.

Post by CodeBits » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:25 am

This module is ready and tested in default installations of 133 and 134
Directory Module 133 and 134

Post by bormos » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:54 am

Directory module doesnt have meta description?

Post by CodeBits » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:01 am

This module is a CLONE of OpenCart's information module.
OpenCart's information module does not have an option for meta description.