Post by dizarter » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:29 am

Add alternating row colors in admin tables for extensions. It's an easy fix but will make things a lot easier when enabling/disabling/editing stuff.

This is for one file (admin/view/template/extension/module.tpl)

After

Code: Select all

<?php if ($extensions) { ?>
add

<?php $row_counter = 1; ?>
After

<?php foreach ($extensions as $extension) { ?>
Replace

<tr>
With

<tr class="<?php echo ($row_counter % 2 == 0) ? 'even' : 'odd'; ?>">
After next

</tr>
Add

<?php $row_counter++; ?>

Then in admin/view/stylesheet/stylesheet.css

remove background from .list tbody td

and add, for example

.list tbody tr.odd {
  background: #FFF;
}
.list tbody tr.even {
  background: #F9F9F9;
}

Repeat for feed.tpl, payment.tpl, shipping.tpl, total.tpl

Post by dizarter » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:13 am

This is optimized getBannerImages from admin/model/design/banner.php in terms that it uses a single query to fetch banners and descriptions, instead of running separate query per banner

public function getBannerImages($banner_id) {
  $banner_image_data = array();

$banner_image_query = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "banner_image AS b JOIN banner_image_description AS d ON b.banner_image_id = d.banner_image_id WHERE b.banner_id = '" . (int)$banner_id . "' ORDER BY d.title");

foreach ($banner_image_query->rows as $banner_image) {

$banner_image_description_data[$banner_image['banner_image_id']][$banner_image['language_id']]['title'] = $banner_image['title'];

$banner_image_data[$banner_image['banner_image_id']] = array(
    'banner_image_description' => $banner_image_description_data[$banner_image['banner_image_id']],
    'link'                     => $banner_image['link'],
    'image'                    => $banner_image['image']  
    );
  }

return $banner_image_data;
}

Post by opensource_user » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:30 am

wired-circuit wrote: XML feed generation is something else which would nice, something that allows generic custom definition of feeds so when third parties like Google change requirements it is not such a big deal, again it also means when an upgrade comes along... no problem. It is fair to say XML ain't going away!
This would be nice, as currently the data feed is broken. I used to have Volusion, and it would allow the admin to select which fields were desired and then put those fields into an XML file for download.

Post by dizarter » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:39 am

A description field for options in admin area would be nice, primarily to be able to distinguish between many likely named option groups.

We have several product categories, and all have different values for Size. It is becoming hard to distinguish which of many "Size" options refer to which product, because there is no description in admin table.

Post by gbisqit » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:44 am

I think that one thing that OpenCart is lacking is the ability to filter products by brand, attribute, options etc.
All the available modules for filters work very poorly, especially with different templates. Also, wouldn't it be more convenient to place features on a poll so that users can vote what to include in the next update? Just a thought...

Location - Encino, CA

Post by Out2lunch » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:04 pm

We would love to see an option for your shopping cart to cross multi-stores, it does if you log in (your wishlist doesn't follow though), but I would like to see this even if you haven't logged in, as it then dumps your cart when you move url.

Also I would love to see the Admin Products Search Filter be deeper than the first word, as a lot of our products we use descriptive names, but we cant filter for just TENT that is somewhere in the names of say 30 products.

Post by gerrynoble » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:21 am

I would like to see a Catalogue only option implemented as a single selection from the admin menu (in much the same way as it's possible to turn of display for reviews/prices if not logged in etc.

The catalogue only mode would be a significant plus for many different type of sites that are not interested in a full cart option.

Post by viviansank » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:57 pm

the version 1.6 will have more resources stock control, manage, price increases, promotions, import and export, good for large volumes of products ?

Post by eddie_d » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:44 am

Hi,

How about edit backend customer registration/order email, (yes I know this has been mentioned in posts before) Google web optimiser, fix the google base/merchant centre problems (whatever google want to call it today) and finally edit orders i.e. add/remove products from orders change order total.

Well thats my thoughts

Regards

Eddie

Our online shop using OpenCart http://www.enscomputers.co.uk

Location - Somerset UK

Post by Chris! » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:45 pm

marcelwoo wrote:
onlinemarketer wrote:These features would be a dream come true if it was on the opencart core functioning right out of the box so to speak!

1. Import products/categories/manufacturers using one csv file
2. Bulk status change of orders after bulk printing invoice and bulk notify customers
3. Multiple themes available in the core

I think the most important thing to me is to be able to get selling as quickly as possible and the most time consuming parts are adding products and administering orders placed!

Thanks!
Bulk order processing is indeed very important for store owners.
@ OnlineMarketer: There is a import/ export tool available for download. I must admit, I was quite sceptic at first, as many extensions didn't work in previous e-commerce packages, but this one really does the job.
I would insert one or two product and then use the export- option, so you have the right layout for the excel-sheet. Edit that one and import it back into OC. Job done.

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ESC&page=1

Post by Chris! » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:59 pm

1. I would like to be able to filter products on the <admin/ catalogue/ products> page.
I'm building a store with litterally thousands of products, divided in a large pool of categories. So if I would have to scroll trough 100's of pages of products to find the one I need to edit, it's becoming very time- consuming. Now, if I would be able to narrow it down to the correct category/ price/ etc, it would greatly reduce the number of products to scroll trough.

2. The option to 'hide' a product from the store-front when out of stock.
Make the option available in the products data tab. Out of stock: Hide/ Pre-order. Since some products are 'one-time-offers', others are available by pre-order, other products are steady but temporarely sold out etc. This would greatly enhance the experience for store-owners.

3. Add to cart
Why... Why would you be able to add a product to your cart if: A. It is out of stock; B. It is not availabe as pre-order? Customers happily continue shopping, adding more and more stuff to their cart and then get so dissapointed when they reach the check-out page. The item they liked the most suddenly seems unavailable! The customer should be made aware much earlier. By not being able to see the product in the first place (comment 2), or not to be able to click add-to-cart and if it's pre-orderable by changing the add-to-cart button-text into pre-order.

4. Make the save/ cancel buttons also available at the bottom. Now, when I entered/ altered some details on a product, I have to scroll back up to save the changes. While the most used options (quantity/ sort-order/ etc.) are listed at the bottom part of the product-detail page in Admin.

Post by karma » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:53 pm

Amazing work on OC. Love the way everything is well defined. As a shop owner I feel the following is a must have..

Need to create the following for a website based on Opencart.
1. Pincode based shipping. Where a particular shipping option is enabled only if it matches the pincode from a courier company. This will be independent of shipping modules modifications and can be enabled even if another shipping module is added.

Simple user explanation: I will create a shipper and upload a list of pincodes. so when a user (shopper) enters a pincode the system will check if the pincode matches from the enabled list of shippers if yes then a particular payment option is enabled. if it doesnt matches with any of the shipper then a java popup tells the user that the we do not ship to your location or a particular payment option is not available to your location

2. Ability to create unique coupons on uploading an excel sheet with the email id. Also by default an email should go to the user if a new coupon has been issued on the email id irrespective of him being a member or not.

3. Ability to define customer fields allowed for registration and allow promotions to customers on sign up like giving a coupon/voucher or flat discount on registration by default where I can define max amount of discount and min shopping cart amount for it to be enabled for a user. Ability to define it for first time customers or repeat purchases. (Registration module)

4. Related products feature on Products detail page. Keep it automated to select random products based on product keywords, terms/base category/section etc (Module based)

5. Negative selection on coupons where a particular category can be excluded from coupons just like the current selection where I can define where a particular coupon can be used.

6. Customization of Invoice, Emails tc in a HTML editor

7. Automatic Sold out/On Order/Out of Stock/Hot/ tag on images in product listing page if the product has a corresponding status based on actual out of stock, top 10 products with most views in a category..

8. Ability to redeem coupons/reward points if logged in, on checkout page. So if a user has reward points attached to its id or refer a friend coupon (a small prompt tells him that he can use it) when he is checking out with the terms of the coupon. only 1 coupon can be used by a user at a time.

9. An email should go to the vendor (manufacturer) if a particular product has been brought on the website with the MRP, Product Code, photograph and Customer name and order id. This feature should have the flexibility to turn on and off.( module feature)

Post by yadav771 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:24 pm

i checked so many add on requested are very good but

as i mentions their are so many request so i don't know will you get some time to view my requestes like

1. editing invoice at run time so that in case of mobiles we can edit IMEI no. of mobile in invoice and other stuff

2. plz make image uploader more easier to you because it doesn't work properly when in low connection speed (A simple uploader can make it good )

3. plz make in Insert product the "description" function have many feature but that doesn't work in low speed so plz make it able to view in low connection speed as well

Post by yadav771 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:47 pm

mfhepp wrote:Hi all,

are there any plans to add support for the GoodRelations E-Commerce Vocabulary (http://purl.org/goodrelations/) to OpenCart?

GoodRelations is a data markup standard that can be used to

1. create rich snippets in Google and Yahoo (and Bing has plans to support it, too), and
2. send precise relevance signals to the search engines, e.g. accepted payment methods.

For more information, see e.g. http://wiki.goodrelations-vocabulary.or ... mantic_SEO

Many other shop systems have respective functionality by now, e.g.
  • Magento (via the MSemantic extension, http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento- ... anticbasic)

I think this is must for opencart 1.6

plz do include it in you opnecart 1.6 version
    Prestashop (will be released this month)
    Tradoria (built-in)
    WPEC / Wordpress
    Joomla/Virtuemart
    OXID (promised for the 4.6.0 release)
If you need assistance with this, please email to me at mheppATcomputerDOTorg.

Best wishes

Martin Hepp

Post by hippypink » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:31 pm

Daniel wrote:
Xsecrets wrote:plugins should be at the minimum bundled up into one file with an admin control where you can browse that file and install it track what plugins are installed etc. If it can be made to link back to the extension store so the users don't have to download the extension first even better. Look at pretty much any CMS on the market none of them require you to unzip the extension and upload all the files separately. The end user many times has no idea what ftp is. If you wanted to take it farther looking into hooks and class overrides would be good, but with the current situation most of this can be gotten around with vqmod, but of course that is not in the core distribution at this point either. Basically it needs to be made much easier for a non technical user to install extensions.

yes i was thinking about adding vqmod to the core. only well tested plugins would be available to purchase directory via the admin.

If there's an open source platform that has done plugins right, its Wordpress (obviously much simpler software though :)

Post by paulnic777 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:30 pm

Theres not much that I don't like about OC but the one thing that does annoy me is the image manager. I have bought the image multi uload extension which is great but it doesnt allow me to change the main product image.

Post by labeshops » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:42 am

There are several backend improvements I'd like to see to make it easier for us to manage our stores, especially those of us with a lot of stores and a lot of products.

I posted some suggestions here http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=55375

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by MrTech » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:24 pm

...If there's an open source platform that has done plugins right, its Wordpress...
Just wanted to add my vote for 'borrowing' the WP plugin system. As Tony the Tiger would say "It's greeeeaaaaat!"

~
Install Extensions OR OpenCart Fast Service! PayPal Accepted
I will professionally install and configure any free or purchased theme, module or extension.

Visit http://www.mrtech.ca if you need an OpenCart webmaster
~

Location - Canada, Eh!

Post by rph » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:34 pm

gerrynoble wrote:I would like to see a Catalogue only option implemented as a single selection from the admin menu (in much the same way as it's possible to turn of display for reviews/prices if not logged in etc.

The catalogue only mode would be a significant plus for many different type of sites that are not interested in a full cart option.
I have a mod which does this. It's even multistore so you can run one in catalog mode and another as a regular shop.

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ername=rph

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by Xellz » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:32 pm

There were many suggestions about Customer Groups, but i didn't see this one:

Add a variable for minimum total cost before customer from specific group can checkout. Currently i can limit accounts with discount only in each product.

Japanese green tea