Post by iv.dimova » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi there,
I have OpenCart installed with PayPal payment method and I want to be able to notify the customers every times when the order status is changed. The statuses and PayPal module are working fine and but I can send notification mail to the customer only manually. Any ideas?

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:39 pm

In phpmyadmin look for the table order_history table , edit its structure and for the notify column set default 1 instead of the 0 that is now. Not sure if it will work, but you can tell after.

Expert Member

Post by JAY6390 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:59 pm

When you say "every times when the order status is changed" do you mean when it's changed by paypal? Or do you mean that you want to notify when you change the status in the admin without having to select the checkbox each time?

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by iv.dimova » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:34 pm

I mean when it is changed by paypal.

Post by Avvici » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:22 pm

You never specified what Pay Pal you were using but nevertheless, if you are relying upon Pay Pal for that then you need to use paypal IPN response. Otherwise, Opencart will never know when something happens on the Pay Pal end, thus your emails will never be sent out automatically. As far as setting it up for the emails to be sent out automatically you would take the IPN response and just fire off the same function that is already there in open cart to send out your emails.

Like florinsith was eluding to already you need to pass the $notify argument as TRUE so it knows to send the email.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by iv.dimova » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:42 pm

I am using Pay Pal standard module and I have added this IPN response so the Opencart statuses of my orders are changing automatically. I've also changed the notify column to 1 and in fact in my admin panel I can see "yes" in the column "customer notified". The problem is that I don't really receive the mail.

Post by Avvici » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:46 pm

Did you check your junk mail? Now you are saying that it is actually sending but you are not getting the mail.

p.s. I forgot OC (pay pal standard) was already tied in with IPN

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by iv.dimova » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:54 pm

Yep, I've tested this a hundred times - when i change the status manually it is working fine - I am getting the mail and everything is ok, but when it is changed automatically by Pay Pal there is no mail.

Post by Avvici » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:30 pm

Can I ask the obvious question? Do you have your IPN URL set in Pay Pal? lol

That's a must in order for this to work. Otherwise how else is the STRING going to make it to Open Cart :)

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by iv.dimova » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:42 pm

Of course I do! As I have said before, the status of the order in my store is changing automatically and even if I check orders I can see that the status is changed to complete and there is "yes" to the notify customer column. The problem is that the email is not coming. :)

Post by tecoad » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:44 am

did you manage to sort this out? I got the same issue...

Post by iv.dimova » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:29 pm

No, I am still searching some way to fix this...

Post by Avvici » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:36 am

iv.dimova wrote:Of course I do! As I have said before, the status of the order in my store is changing automatically and even if I check orders I can see that the status is changed to complete and there is "yes" to the notify customer column. The problem is that the email is not coming. :)
Actually the email is coming. It actually is not an email it's an encoded string. Your problem is that it's not being received correctly.

I would recommend setting your IPN URL in pay pal to a folder you can control. Inside that folder have a script that sends out the emails.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC