Post by them8an » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:42 pm

Hi all,

Please referrer me to the best Newsletter Module/extension for openCart. I want users to be able to subscribe/unsubscribe to the newsletter and I want to be able to send promotions as a newsletter to all subscribers/clients.

I have searched for the extension, but I just want a recommendation before I pay for an unworthy module. Maybe you have implemented a good module for this, please direct me to it.

Tnx!
Last edited by i2Paq on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No bumping withing 24Hrs without new info!

Post by MarketInSG » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:27 pm

It's already implemented in OpenCart. When user signs up for an account, they can choose to sign up for your newsletter or not.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by them8an » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:42 pm

Thank you for the response, how do I send the newsletters from the admin? I would also like to add the Newsletter subscription form independently on other pages, even if the visitor has not registered.

Post by kevtheirish » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:50 am

from admin CP
sales>mail

afaik they would have to sign up for you to send them a newsletter, otherwise their email wont be in the DB that OC pulls from

check the extensions though I think i remember seeing a mod that might be similar to what you are looking for

Post by them8an » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:09 pm

gr8. tnx.

Post by DefconRhall » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:03 am

Is there a way to allow visitors to subscribe to that newsletter without already being customers?
Such as just a name and email address to be added to the list?

I want to put a form on my content pages that allows the user to subscribe, but don't want to make it a hassle for them and have to make a full account as they might not be ready to buy something or are just browsing.

Thanks,

Post by openmandrake » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:29 am

I can only suggest you the Cleverreach Newsletter System and the corresponding module: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=21156

Checkout our extensions, or our open source projects

Post by wishmedia » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:48 pm

I would also suggest NOT using OpenCart's built-in newsletter system. You should either integrate a 3rd party newsletter extension (MailChimp, AWeber, ConstantContact, Campaign Monitor, etc.) or just export the subscribers from OC and import them into your preferred 3rd party system before you send out your campaign(s).

3rd party systems follow email marketing guidelines, use thousands of IP's to send out emails, and has teams monitoring black lists while also paying $$$$ to stay out of them.

Sending email blasts from your server is just asking to get your emails blacklisted and sent straight to junk mail. :clown: :crazy: :choke: