Post by bberry » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:01 am

I there a character limitation for the CKEditor in the Information page? I tried to add a long HTML table to it and it cuts off 3/4 of it.

*** Nevermind, I resolved the problem by changing the table row from text to longtext
Last edited by bberry on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by haydent » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:15 am

new bug ticket: http://code.google.com/p/opencart/issues/detail?id=762

Specials Sort By Price DESC doesnt work ?

[edit] it has been fixed by dev in svn now
Last edited by haydent on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Location - Sydney, Australia

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:02 am

daggerman1 wrote:Hi,

Thanks for a quick reply.

I have set both of them values to 1 on all of them. For I have a funny feeling it's something to do with nothing being in the coupon history tab. Surely this should populate when someone orders with that coupon ?

Maybe that's why it's allowing it a number of times.

Dan

I think this is indeed a genuine bug. For some reason the coupon history doesn't always get updated after an order is confirmed. The update of the coupon_history relies on a call to the function confirm in catalog/model/total/coupon.php which in turns calls the redeem function in catalog/model/checkout/coupon.php. The invocation of the function confirm is triggered by the successful payment which relied on payment success messages always being sent to the Opencart server. There may be sucessful payments for which Opencart does not receive the 'payment success' message from the external payment gateway. Hence there will likely be cases of missing coupon redemptions for otherwise successful and paid for orders.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Renato Frota » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:28 pm

not a bug, but a suggestion I consider important

I was doing a vQmod that affects all products modules (featured, best sellers, specials, latest) and noticed that all use $result as array for storing products from query, except featured module, that use $product_info for no known reason.

Because of this, I can't write a vQmod for file name="catalog/controller/module/*.php" and have to create 4 operations, 1 for each module, where 3 of them are exactly THE SAME! Insane...

Before you say I'm crazy for searching all .tpl files, the search string is simple and does not increase load (I search $this->data['products'][] to insert a new key in this array and set error="skip" for skipping modules that do not have this array at all). With this, I can add keys easily, for example, $result['stock'], which can be used for styling the products with/without stock.

I suggest you default it to $result array in all product modules. Will make my vQmodding life easier ;D

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:23 am

Sage Pay Form payment fails when a an accented character is used in customers name or address e.g. city set to Malmö. The problem is that Sage Pay is expecting the data in single byte ISO-8859-1 not multi byte UTF-8.

The Sage Pay simulator will not show an error, but you can see the result by looking at the end of the decoded Crypt field data from the Sage Pay simulator.

This shows:

Code: Select all

...&DeliveryCity=Malmö&DeliveryPostCode=21222&DeliveryCountry=SE&DeliveryPhone=004612<BR>3456789&AllowGiftAid=0&Apply3DSecure
when it should be:

...&DeliveryCity=Malmö&DeliveryPostCode=21222&DeliveryCountry=SE&DeliveryPhone=0046123<BR>456789&AllowGiftAid=0&Apply3DSecure=0
The =0 is missing off the end and this will cause the live (but not the simulator) Sage Pay processor to reject the data.

This is caused by the simpleXor fuction which gets the length of the data with utf8_strlen but then uses substr($string, $i, 1) to process which is not UTF-8 safe.

To fix in catalog\controller\payment\sagepay.php find:

$this->data['crypt'] = base64_encode($this->simpleXor(implode('&', $crypt_data), $password));
change to:

$this->data['crypt'] = base64_encode($this->simpleXor(utf8_decode(implode('&', $crypt_data)), $password));
find:

$output = $this->simpleXor($string, $password);
change to:

$output = utf8_encode($this->simpleXor($string, $password));
find:

for ($i = 0; $i < utf8_strlen($password); $i++) {
			$data[$i] = ord(substr($password, $i, 1));
		}

$output = '';

for ($i = 0; $i < utf8_strlen($string); $i++) {
    		$output .= chr(ord(substr($string, $i, 1)) ^ ($data[$i % utf8_strlen($password)]));
change to:

for ($i = 0; $i < strlen($password); $i++) {
			$data[$i] = ord(substr($password, $i, 1));
		}

$output = '';

for ($i = 0; $i < strlen($string); $i++) {
    		$output .= chr(ord(substr($string, $i, 1)) ^ ($data[$i % strlen($password)]));

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:20 am

The

admin > reports > sales > orders

needs to be optimized for the underlying DB queries. For example, when we tried it on an Opencart database with roughly 10 000 orders, it simply maxes out the the CPU for several minutes and evenatually times out without ever finishing the request.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by bukso » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:42 pm

Hello I saw a bug in the description of the products.

A question mark � is shown at the end of the short description of list of products.

Like this: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... order=DESC

How to change this?

Regards

Post by bull5-i » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:51 pm

This is probably an incomplete multibyte character issue. The description string has been truncated at byte level, not at character level, so the last multibyte charater is missing part of it.

But this is not an OpenCart 1.5.1.3 issue, but an extension store issue.

|V|355 \/\/17|-| 7}{3 |3357, ... [you know the rest]

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

All mods & extensions by me

Post by bukso » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:19 pm

bull5-i wrote:This is probably an incomplete multibyte character issue. The description string has been truncated at byte level, not at character level, so the last multibyte charater is missing part of it.

But this is not an OpenCart 1.5.1.3 issue, but an extension store issue.
I have this problem on my OpenCart 1.5.1.3 Store:

http://shop.cosmos-trade.net/index.php? ... path=59_60

I asket the bulgarian translation, but there were told me that the bug is in OpenCard and not in the extension, and will be fixed with the next update of the OpenCart plattform. So I would aks, where and how can I solve this problem?

Post by bull5-i » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:28 pm

Use mb_substr in place of the regular substr.

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

Post by bukso » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:11 pm

bull5-i wrote:Use mb_substr in place of the regular substr.
Thanks for the answer, but this doesnt solve the problem - OpenCard 1.5.1.3 woks with mb_substr in

catalog/controller/product/category.php

I found out how to fix this bug:

Find the line with:

'description' => mb_substr(strip_tags(html_entity_decode($result['description'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8')), 0, 100) . '..',
And add the "UTF-8" at the end like this:

'description' => mb_substr(strip_tags(html_entity_decode($result['description'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8')), 0, 100 ,"UTF-8") . '..',
this works by me :)
Last edited by bukso on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Daniel » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:12 pm

we are getting there guys. just added the utf8 fix

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Renato Frota » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:24 am

Daniel,

you said nothing about my last suggestions. I understand some of them are 'preciosism', but this simple change is something that all those who make large use of customer grouping wants for sure:

in system/library/cart.php replace

if ($product_special_query->num_rows) {
with:

if ($product_special_query->num_rows AND ($product_special_query->row['price'] < $price)) {

Post by lv2dr65 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:51 am

Error in system log. Don't know if it's a bug but worth checking out. This started showing up after our shop exceeded 10K images. if we delete it in comes back.
Version OC 1.5.1.3.1
The error:
2012-02-16 14:42:53 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: bits in /home/hobby/public_html/system/library/image.php on line 16

Post by Daniel » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:51 pm

lv2dr65 wrote:Error in system log. Don't know if it's a bug but worth checking out. This started showing up after our shop exceeded 10K images. if we delete it in comes back.
Version OC 1.5.1.3.1
The error:
2012-02-16 14:42:53 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: bits in /home/hobby/public_html/system/library/image.php on line 16

this is an exectuion time issue. i have updated the image manager in the next version to avoid this.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by paulnic777 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:59 pm

A few bugs I have found with v1.5.1.3:

1) Admin section product searches doesn't fully work. E.g. If you want to find "Nike air max" typing "air max" returns no results.
2) Store front products template - the layout is a bit screwed up see attachment
3) The home page banner doesn't fade in/out properly - hard to demo when shop isn't live
4) If you add more than 2 product option select boxes to a product they get out of line - see screenshot
5) Add a product to cart and the shopping cart total at the top of the page stays at 0.00 unless you refresh the page

Attachments

pic2.jpg

pic2.jpg (17.01 KiB) Viewed 7273 times

pic1.jpg

pic1.jpg (20.95 KiB) Viewed 7273 times

Post by bull5-i » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:13 pm

1) Admin section product searches doesn't fully work. E.g. If you want to find "Nike air max" typing "air max" returns no results.
The search in OC 1.5 is implemented to start searching from the start of the string not in the middle. So you need to start typing from "Nike...".

Post by paulnic777 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:25 pm

bull5-i wrote:
The search in OC 1.5 is implemented to start searching from the start of the string not in the middle. So you need to start typing from "Nike...".
If that's a feature then i really dont like it. I love OC but i dont like that.

Many of my products are very similarly named e.g.

Nike Air Max "Diablo" Trainers - blue/red
Nike Air Max "Sprint" Trainers - White/blue

I dont want to have to type all of that when i could just type "diablo".

What is the resoning behind this change - the old search worked perfectly imo?

Post by Renato Frota » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:46 am

The search string is, in the code, <what you type>%

Then, all you need is to start with a wild card as well:

%air or %diablo will show you the desired results.

actually, % will list ALL products. You don't even need to type a letter.

Post by marcelwoo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:34 am

a disabled product will be displayed as a product with no thumbnail, no title and a url with no product ID in the search result list, if it contains the keywords you searched for. and these "ghost products" will mess up the layout the page.

Check the attached screenshots
search01.jpg

search01.jpg (89.3 KiB) Viewed 7244 times

search02.jpg

search02.jpg (19.45 KiB) Viewed 7244 times

"We help each other to grow". That's the opencart community!

All free mods
Home Based Ebay business Opportunity(not ads)