Post by Dubblicious » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:24 am

HI Daniel
I just want to add to the request made by other people that OpenCart add the feature that you can discount price by percentage. This would help out people like me that sell prints and price by the size of the print the customer picks.
For example, every print in my store is available in four sizes and every size is a different price, and I would like to be able to just mark down a print by a percentage so all the sizes would be reduced by that percentage.
Right now AnthonyLawrence has a mod called "Global Discount" that does this but it is for the whole store . He is working on a mod that does this by categories or manufacturers/suppliers, but it would be nice to be able to discount by percentage a single product too.

Post by Flap » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:07 pm

At first I'd like to aks if you know when 1.6 beta will be aviable (in months).

As for some features. In 1.5 I'm missing the most function to add multiple images and fee for cash on delivery.

Post by hbg » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:07 am

A Min/Max style re-order system/report.

Eg Product A might have a maximum stock level of 10, & a minimum level of 6.
When it reaches a level of 6 (or less), it either:-
[*]emails a warning, or
[*]Shows up on the frontpage of Dashboard (ie 16 of 974 items have low stock levels).
You could also run a report (by brand) of what is low stock-wise.

Later on this could maybe provide the option for Purchase orders automatically generated (though the cost function would have to make a return. However some things would need to be looked at such as a Suppliers minimum order level, and preferred "box-style qty's", where something in a carton of 6 receives a discount.
;)
Sorry, if this has been mentioned before.

Opencart Version 1.5.1.3
https://www.opencart.homebrewinn.com.au/shop/

hbg

Location - Newcastle NSW Australia

Post by icycode » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:49 pm

Hi,
Couple of things I think opencart can add it:
1. a user can choose a customer group when he sign up. Registration form should add a drop down option for all customer group choosing.
2. watermark option for product image.
Like zen cart's image handler addon , admin can setup a png image as the watermark image, and when admin upload a product image, the watermark add on image automatically.And this action will not damage the image, admin still can download no-watermark image from FTP.
3. Credit point collection
Just like Tesco's point system, signed in customer spend 1Pound to get 1 point(rate can be setup ), all point save in their account. 1 point can exchange 1P so that customer can use point to exchange item.

No.1,2 is the must have feature , if you can do No.3, that is amazing!

Post by icycode » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:56 pm

And one more thing.
Please improve the very poor search function from front end to back office. I often can not find any product I want , now I am using a paid addon instead of original search function. However, I can do nothing for the back office, the poor search is killing my time at the all.

Post by icycode » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:03 pm

Small Patches will make opencart better:
1. A maintenance mode is need.
2. a chance to change shop's URL in admin setting. I remember opencart had this option in 1.4.9x, want it back.
3. show the shipping option in order list (back office).

Another super feature wanted:
Filter product by attributes. It will make opencart more professional, much better for customer shopping experience.

Post by wired-circuit » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:07 am

By far the biggest frustration I have with OpenCart is the upgrade process, I'm not sure how you would combat the problem with upgrading and not loosing the customisations made. Managing an e-shop soley by css of course is not enough, so it is fair to say the problem is one everybody experiences.

I really would like to see the rrp and cost fields for products come back, I have had to add them back myself. I use them along with the specials and groups for pricing items with automated pricing algorithms.

XML feed generation is something else which would nice, something that allows generic custom definition of feeds so when third parties like Google change requirements it is not such a big deal, again it also means when an upgrade comes along... no problem. It is fair to say XML ain't going away!

I would also like you to put a little attention into the link generation, for example with the definition of a new store it still uses the default store domain name and not the domain name for the store.

Lastly great job with OC... thank you.

Post by Alexey » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:18 pm

-
Last edited by Alexey on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by slingeraap » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:23 am

Hi, some suggestions:

1. Place eurosign before price with a space between it. That is the only correct way. So not behind it as it is now. :)
2. The possibility to disable zones for selected Countries. For example, in the Netherlands you do not need the regions. All shipping costs are the same. So that can be confusing for customers.
3. Flat rates for shipping costs per Geo Zone (and free shipping from a given amount per Geo zone). So we don't have to use weight based shipping for that anymore. But there is an extension already for this I just saw.
4. Quicker way to add countries to a Geo Zone, not one by one! :)

:)

Post by hbg » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:57 pm

Cheque / Money Order Instruction Box similar to that for Direct Deposit Instructions. This would be to write in some T&C's that goods will not be shipped until payment clears, unless a prior arrangement has been made etc. I know this should also be in the T&C's that people agree to, but this is just a reminder.

Opencart Version 1.5.1.3
https://www.opencart.homebrewinn.com.au/shop/

hbg

Location - Newcastle NSW Australia

Post by slingeraap » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:42 am

'Sub' Options would also be nice! :)

Post by dsanders » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:46 am

I would suggest to work on the multishop function.
Like 2 shops and 2 different analytics codes and other settings that are not available for the second store

Post by Alexey » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:39 pm

Xsecrets wrote: 1.5.2 might be a month 1.6 will be more like 9months to a year it is the next MAJOR feature version, and currently is not even being worked on that I know of.
Please tell us when you really released version v1.5.2 ???

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:58 pm

Alexey wrote:
Xsecrets wrote: 1.5.2 might be a month 1.6 will be more like 9months to a year it is the next MAJOR feature version, and currently is not even being worked on that I know of.
Please tell us when you really released version v1.5.2 ???
When it's ready.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by cosmicx » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:42 am

dsanders wrote:I would suggest to work on the multishop function.
Like 2 shops and 2 different analytics codes and other settings that are not available for the second store
neat idea...

an addition to the idea above, if it's not yet available or suggested. an admin panel menu that you can add/modify meta tag title and description.

Post by 92marriw8 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:26 pm

what do u mean proper plugin system?

Post by Nasko » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:03 am

Banner Positioning !!!

1.Kind of Banner, Slideshow and other Elements Manager would be nice.

Like you allready have it but

with some more position options just to provide more freedom in desgining the Homepage from the admin area.
(header top, header left etc...)
Also it would be nice to control somehow the Position of Images and Banners
like display in horizontaly and verticaly

So you could place banners on different positions in diffent formations more easly.
A field for adding some script for effects (like one on mouseover) would be the next level maybe on next version.

2. Kind of Management of all E-Mails that the System is automaticly sending would be very useful...(the text)

OC 1.5.1.3 http://www.coshino.de

Post by kalan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:20 am

Change the language entries!

Now in the controller you need to assign all the entries for the language like ...

$this->data['column_product'] = $this->language->get('column_product');
$this->data['column_model'] = $this->language->get('column_model');
$this->data['column_quantity'] = $this->language->get('column_quantity');
$this->data['column_price'] = $this->language->get('column_price');
$this->data['column_total'] = $this->language->get('column_total');

And in the view call this

<td><?php echo $text_total_sale_year; ?></td>
<td align="right"><?php echo $total_sale_year; ?></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><?php echo $text_total_order; ?></td>
<td align="right"><?php echo $total_order; ?></td>

This is very dirty. The language never need to be proccess. Only is needed to be loaded the languages files.

I think that is better to assign a variable language in the "function render" in controller and call the method get of the object language or create a "magic method __get" to call the dinamic method get when you call a propertie that doesn't exists,

FOR EXAMPLE :

The Controller-->

protected function render() {
foreach ($this->children as $child) {
$this->data[basename($child)] = $this->getChild($child);
}

if (file_exists(DIR_TEMPLATE . $this->template)) {
extract($this->data);

//I've put _language becouse I want to show that this is a "special variable" and I don't want to confuse with a data variable.
$_language = $this->language;

//You could put a short variable to be easier to call this
$_l = $this->language;

The View :
<td width="80%"><?php echo $_language->get('text_total_sale'); ?></td>
<td align="right"><?php echo $total_sale; ?></td>
<!-- short -->
<td width="80%"><?php echo $_l->get('text_total_sale'); ?></td>

OR

in class language

function __get($name) {
return $this->get($name);
}

and in view

view :
<td width="80%"><?php echo $_language->text_total_sale; ?></td>
<!-- short -->
<td width="80%"><?php echo $_l->text_total_sale; ?></td>

If you need more help please send me a email : kalan2001@hotmail.com.

Thanks!
And sorry for me english

Post by Fanda@CZ » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:17 pm

• What about more caching? I just install last opencart and homepage produce 106 queries on db (see attachement). Not only first run of the page, but every reload.
  • It would be nice to be able to filter products in category by attributes
  • gettext would be nice ;)
Thank you.

Post by daki » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:37 pm

Please add more feature to user groups only view & modify is there .. more depth & more feature like add, edit, view ,modify,delete....