Post by websiteuse » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:31 am

I have set up the downloads by getting help from another thread and I am stuck now...

I really need help with the downloads. It comes back as order cancelled and cannot find out why. I am new to opencart and I am trying to sell my website templates on this program

The payment and everything goes through and when I go to my account, there is no downloads there. I also checked the status of orders and they all show cancelled. I have them set for complete both after payment received and also for downloads to be allowed by customers. Both set to complete.

In my account is says "You have not made any previous downloadable orders!"

I have also uploaded the file with a simple name and its a .txt document for testing purposes.

I use 2 paypal accounts for buying an selling and for testing.

Please help...

Steve
Website Use - Canada web design & development services
http://www.websiteuse.com

Location - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Post by MarketInSG » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi

Let's clear your doubts. The Download page is for items you purchased, and not the items you are trying to sell. If you have uploaded some items to sell, it can be seen from the Manage Extension page.
To test purchase, it would be wise to use 2 separate accounts. One to sell, and one to buy. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with the seller system, so no worries, there's no need to test.

Regards
MarketInSG

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by websiteuse » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:30 pm

I have 2 pay pal accounts and I use one to sell for testing and one to purchase for testing. What I am trying to accomplish is to sell digital downloads using the opencart program such as website templates, ebooks, and any other digital downoad.

When I set up a digital download to sell, all the areas look like it should be. When I use another pay pal account as a test and create a new shopping user, I go to my newly listed download and purchase it. When Ido so, it goes through and I even get an email saying that is was successful and the money from one account goes to another.

I go into my account and I cannot get the download link to show or it does not give me an option to get my newly purchased download I bought. ( I used a .txt as an example )

I thought you can sell digital downloads with opencart, am I right?

Steve

Post by websiteuse » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:46 pm

****SOLVED*****

I went into paypal options and all were set to cancelled be default. :) I changed the options to complete and the process worked perfect! Thanks again!

Steve

Post by dornsim » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:38 pm

I have problems with my opencart administration. I tried to change the languages settings and I am not anymore able to access my opencart aministration. One of the team members adviced me to redownload open cart and copy and past the language settings from the install sql.
Can anybody tell me how to do that!
Please, I am completly lost, I need 1 to 1 steps.

Thanks,
Simona

Post by MarketInSG » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:28 pm

Dear Simona

It's easy if you wish to replace your old language folder.

1. Redownload OpenCart for the OpenCart website.
2. Unzip the package. Browse to install/admin/
3. In there, you see a folder named 'language'.
4. Copy the folder and replace your existing folder via FTP.

Regards
MarketInSG

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by dornsim » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:21 am

Thank you for your support. The problem is that the opencart hasn't been installed yet in my computer. All the job had been done by somebody else who abandoned me in the middle of the way. So I cannot follow point no. 4 because the folder doesn't exist in my system And I don't know how to dowload it on my system. Could you, please advice me how to do it!

Regards,
Simona

Post by MarketInSG » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:21 am

Delete all files and reinstall opencart. Else, hire someone to do it for you.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore