Post by d7a7z7e7d » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:41 am

This extension will make your specials much easier to manage by allowing you to manage specials directly on a new specials list page. You can easily create specials for one or more categories, an entire store or a selection of products. You have full control over how the discount is applied and can choose to discount by percentage, fixed amount or just set the special price directly to a fixed number. In addition, you can edit specials directly on the specials list page! Just click on a field and it will become editable. Clicking out of the field immediately saves it to the database. With this powerful extension, your new special list page almost becomes a spreadsheet!

Special Manager Extension

A demo is available at http://opencart.kulakconsulting.net/adm ... al_manager
Username: demo
Password: demo

Make any changes you wish to test the extension. The demo store will be reset every 2 hours.

Features:
  • Comes with vQmod file for plug and play installation!
  • Edit specials directly on the special list page. Update discount, discount type, start and end dates and more.
  • Apply specials to entire categories with ease. Or, select all categories and apply a store-wide discount!
  • Discount by percentage, fixed amount or just set it to a fixed number!
  • Easily show and/or hide columns from the list.
  • Search box automatically filters categories and products as you type.
  • Copy, CSV and Print buttons allow you to copy the rows to your clipboard, export them to a CSV file or print them with the click of a button!
  • Preloads data so you can switch pages even faster.
  • Sort any field by clicking on the column header.
  • Automatically remembers your column, sorting and other preferences.
  • Allows you to easily change the number of results per page.
  • Validates fields appropriately. Prices should be numbers afterall.
Make managing your specials easier today! Download Extension
screenshot_1.png

Manage All Specials - screenshot_1.png (45.85 KiB) Viewed 9632 times

screenshot_2.png

Add Category Specials - screenshot_2.png (13.23 KiB) Viewed 9632 times

screenshot_3.png

Add Product Specials - screenshot_3.png (11.49 KiB) Viewed 9632 times

OpenCart Extensions, Technical Support & Custom Development | Have I helped you?

Location - USA

Post by d7a7z7e7d » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Now updated to work with OpenCart v1.5.x!

OpenCart Extensions, Technical Support & Custom Development | Have I helped you?

Location - USA

Post by marvmen21 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:28 am

Nice Work, though this post shouldn't be here. Any mod please move it to the commercial section.

You want to thank me for my time! :) Click here to donate

Post by d7a7z7e7d » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:12 pm

Version 1.2 has just been released which now allows you to create manufacturer-wide specials with ease!

View Special Manager Extension

Location - USA

Post by srunyon1 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:45 am

Im getting errors when ever I try and delete a special.

Code: Select all

Notice: Error: Table 'zigzterc_mkshop.category_special_to_product_special' doesn't exist
Error No: 1146
DELETE FROM category_special_to_product_special WHERE product_special_id = '897' in /home4/zigzterc/public_html/shop/system/database/mysql.php on line 49
it seems to delete one at a time even with the error but it will not delete multiples at all..
any help?

Post by d7a7z7e7d » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:54 am

It looks like the SQL tables didn't get created. Did you execute the code in "special_manager.sql"? You can usually do this through the cPanel that your hosting provider provides. Just login and look for "phpMyAdmin" then select your database, select the SQL tab, paste in the code in "special_manager.sql" and hit "Go".

Location - USA

Post by srunyon1 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:00 am

ahh i did not see that in the instructions.. I'll try it..
thanks

Post by srunyon1 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:41 am

thanks that worked..helps when you read the instructions.. :)
one strange thing I have seen is adjusting prices in the Edit section sometime defaults to zero or even just a strange number. I have also seen this happen in the main window. it just doesn't seem to update right.
What would really make this and your product Manager perfect would be to ad a column with the special price right next to the product price with the option to change either.. thanks for all your work on this very helpful extension!!
Zig

im using your version 1.2 on 1.5.3

Post by d7a7z7e7d » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:05 am

Hmm, that's strange. Can you show me a screenshot of the "strange number"?

The problem with trying to integrate this directly into Product Manager is that a product can have more than one special, on more than one date, applied to different customer groups, etc. It isn't just a one-to-one relationship so it just isn't really feasible to try and integrate the two.

Location - USA

Post by srunyon1 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:09 am

I think I figured it out, I was having a confusion over fixed price and fixed discount..
I got it..it works great!!

Post by srunyon1 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:11 am

Also couldn't you add a column in the special manager to show regular price?

Post by d7a7z7e7d » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:54 am

Glad you got it working! Yeah, I think showing the regular price is a great idea! I'll see if I can get this added to the next release. Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by psicoz » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:01 am

Hello,

I bought your extension days ago. It's working perfect, but could you please tell me how to order the special products ?

I added 'order' in product_special table and change this in catalog/controler/module/special.php

$data = array(
'sort' => 'ps.order',
'order' => 'ASC',
'start' => 0,
'limit' => $setting['limit']
);

then I changed in function getProductSpecials (catalog/model/catalog/product.php)

$sort_data = array(
'pd.name',
'p.model',
'ps.price',
'ps.order',
'rating',
'p.sort_order'
);

but still not working... any idea ?

thank you !

Post by d7a7z7e7d » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:42 am

What is it that you want them ordered by?

Location - USA

Post by tophat » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:04 pm

Hi,

Looks good and useful, however.... does this take a percentage off for the special price with options included or just the base price.

All my products come in different sizes and uses options to change the price accordingly. However, I'm struggling to find a solution that reduces the figure as a total with options for the special. As a £10 saving off our small items will not mean a lot off our much larger items, therefore needs to be relative.

Thanks for any help and input..!

Webmaster for: http://www.getlaidbeds.co.uk + www.mattressmoose.co.uk + www.pixellounge.co.uk

Post by d7a7z7e7d » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:13 am

Hi tophat,

It only takes the percentage off the base price. It would be a major undertaking to implement something like you describe.

Doug

Location - USA

Post by d7a7z7e7d » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:42 pm

Version 1.2.1 has just been released which officially adds support for OpenCart v1.5.2.x!

Location - USA

Post by tophat » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:19 am

d7a7z7e7d wrote:Hi tophat,

It only takes the percentage off the base price. It would be a major undertaking to implement something like you describe.

Doug
I understand and from what I've read elsewhere, it doesn't appear easy to implement.

Would be incredible if someone like yourself could come up with a solution as I'm sure I'm not the only one who has products priced through options in the manner I do. Makes having a sale very difficult.

Webmaster for: http://www.getlaidbeds.co.uk + www.mattressmoose.co.uk + www.pixellounge.co.uk

Post by markdyer » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:55 am

Hi, I seem to be unable to untoggle the columns. If I have them turned off in the config, I can turn on in the web browser but not turn back off in the web browser.. Is this a known problem? Thank you.

If it possible to remove the toggle option from showing alltogeather?

Regards

Post by ty-uc » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi,
This seems like the best option out there for applying a site wide % based sale but I have one question...

It seems to overwrite all current special prices, lets say I have some items that are reduced by 23% because I'm pricematching another shop then we want to apply a 20% sale to everything on the site the current specials will be lost. How would I avoid that? Export our entire shop before the sale then import it again after the sale ends? Or would there be a better way of doing it?

Thanks,
Ty

***IGNORE THAT STUPID QUESTION, I NOW SEE THAT IT ONLY REDUCES THE PRICE IF YOU APPLY A % WHICH IS MORE THAN THE CURRENT SPECIAL ON A SPECIFIC PRODUCT WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT!***