Post by Druid_McGrew » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:28 am

Just installed the google checkout extension which is free from the open cart site.

When I click on modules and edit under the google check feature I get the following error. Can anybody explain what I might of done wrong?

Fatal error: Cannot access private property Document::$title in /home/content/82/8523582/html/admin/controller/module/gcheckout.php on line 7

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:29 pm

You are using it on the wrong Opencart version, it has not yet been released for Opencart 1.5.1.3. However,the new Google checkout for 1.5.1.3 will be released very soon, probably later today :)

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Rainforest » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:58 am

Hi,

What's the mod for google checkout? I'm still using 1.4.9.5 and can't find it.

Self Taught Opencart User & Developer Since 2010.

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:11 am

Rainforest wrote:Hi,

What's the mod for google checkout? I'm still using 1.4.9.5 and can't find it.
Just get the correct version from the OpenCart extensions or from our website.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by neowave » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:04 am

Just tried installing the Google Checkout extension for Opencart 1.5.1.3 (Many thanks for making it available for us)

The issue I'm having is that it's not viewable for installation in the modules page in step 3:

3) To insert the Google Checkout module into OpenCarts database,
choose Extensions > Modules and click on Install for the Google Checkout module.

I've tried ftp'ing the files again twice but the GC module doesn't show up for installation. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Frank

Post by poolpartz » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:50 am

Just installed the 1.5.1.3 version. One problem, however, is that it appears that multiple sites are not supported, i.e. if I set up multiple stores as abc.com and xyz.com I get a message "Carts must contain at least one item." for the non-default site.

I did some research and it looks like the module is looking at the cart for the default site all the time. If I put something in the default site cart and checkout using a different browser page for the second site Google checkout is using the cart for the default site.

Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?

Post by Rainforest » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:38 am

Looks nice but without things like discounts, coupons and the fact it's in it's own box kind of makes it undesirable to both the site owner and the consumer :( sorry. Thank you for providing this though. I'll keep a look out for a new version.

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:30 am

neowave wrote:Just tried installing the Google Checkout extension for Opencart 1.5.1.3 (Many thanks for making it available for us)

The issue I'm having is that it's not viewable for installation in the modules page in step 3:

3) To insert the Google Checkout module into OpenCarts database,
choose Extensions > Modules and click on Install for the Google Checkout module.

I've tried ftp'ing the files again twice but the GC module doesn't show up for installation. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Frank
You havn't uploaded all the files, or you uploaded them to the wrong place.

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:33 am

Rainforest wrote:Looks nice but without things like discounts, coupons and the fact it's in it's own box kind of makes it undesirable to both the site owner and the consumer :( sorry. Thank you for providing this though. I'll keep a look out for a new version.
Discounts support is on our to-do list.

As regards it being in its own box: It is implemented as a module, and like all Opencart modules it shows up as a box on the left or right column, or in the middle content top or bottom, for the defined layouts.

Guru Member

Post by Rainforest » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:00 pm

That'll be awesome once discounts are implemented. Can't wait, I'd even pay :)

As per it's own box... technically not all modules go in their own box.

Take for example a module I have a my site. It's called the "Product Page shipping estimator"
It shows up on the product page right under the QTY add to cart and not in it's own box.

Post by hellogoodbye » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:30 am

Hey J.Neuhoff,

Not sure which Google Checkout Thread to post in...this was the latest one I found. I'm using 1.5.1.2 is there a way to generate an invoice? Thanks!

Post by mjlehman023 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:18 am

I am getting this error: Error parsing XML; message from parser is: The entity "Acirc" was referenced, but not declared.
Google and it looks like it has to do with a £ symbol in my products but I can't find it in open cart. Any help appreciated. :)

Post by cmhalon » Sat May 19, 2012 1:39 am

Hi there, I'm really digging the google checkout mod for opencart, but I'm having a little problem with it. I got it to show up on my product page, but I can't get it to show up on the checkout page. The layout is set for checkout, align right, and I've tried orders from -1 to 20. Every time, the whole page doesn't load with that module active on it. Am I missing something? Thanks again!

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun May 20, 2012 12:27 am

cmhalon wrote:Hi there, I'm really digging the google checkout mod for opencart, but I'm having a little problem with it. I got it to show up on my product page, but I can't get it to show up on the checkout page. The layout is set for checkout, align right, and I've tried orders from -1 to 20. Every time, the whole page doesn't load with that module active on it. Am I missing something? Thanks again!
You need to enable it for the checkout page. In the admin backend, go to Extensions > Modules > Edit Google Checkout, and add a layout for the checkout page.

Also, bear in mind that some web themes, especially shopica, tend to have problems, so try it first with the default web theme, too, to narrow down the problem.

Guru Member

Post by peterjhon » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:04 pm

I think you should check Google checkout’s latest version for open cart. Google has released latest version .try out .

Location - Aliso Viejo, CA , USA

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:10 pm

peterjhon wrote:I think you should check Google checkout’s latest version for open cart. Google has released latest version .try out .

Guru Member

Post by omarruben » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:16 am

opencart 1.5.2.1 and google checkout module have a problem with nivoslider....

the nivoslider disappear after installing the google checkout module (FREE)

i double check and there is some kind of problem on the javascript part, some care to follow with a solution??

thank you....

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:33 pm

omarruben wrote:opencart 1.5.2.1 and google checkout module have a problem with nivoslider....

i double check and there is some kind of problem on the javascript part, some care to follow with a solution??

thank you....
I can't help you, because the Google Checkout module has not yet been released for 1.5.2.x nor for 1.5.3.x, we are still working on it.

Guru Member

Post by Screwball » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:23 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
omarruben wrote:opencart 1.5.2.1 and google checkout module have a problem with nivoslider....

thank you....
I can't help you, because the Google Checkout module has not yet been released for 1.5.2.x nor for 1.5.3.x, we are still working on it.
Can you give us an estimate as to when it may be ready for 1.5.3.x?

Many thanks

Post by delkant » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:35 am

Any news on when google checkout module for OC 1.5.3.1 will be available? ;D

Thanks much!!