Post by akssiv2007 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:12 pm

The image manager was working fine but now for last few days it does not show the images in the image or data folder.

All images are present in the data folder and image folder.

They are all displayed on the store front but now i cannot replace one or add one to the slideshow .........

I have tried changing CHMOD 777, 755 but it is not working please let me know how to resolve this problem.

Post by sdstore » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:59 am

Having the same trouble. Wondering what it was worked fine several months ago. There are no error logs. Is it time bomb?

Post by akssiv2007 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:26 am

If this continues i will have issues with my clients.I have already moved on with wordpress ecommerce as i do not see a proper solution.

Post by sdstore » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:52 am

Looks like nobody cares about this bug for years http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10283

I've double checked and reset 0777 permissions to all image/cache/download folders recursively, updated browsers Opera, IE, FF and Chrome, checked server error logs and client JS logs for any errors and... and nothing.

Post by sdstore » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:03 am

SOLVED! for me.
I removed all whitespaces from the end of "admin/index.php" file. File should strictly ends with "?>".

Post by akssiv2007 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:33 am

Sorry but i checked it doesnot work in my case.

Post by rocket » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:04 am

I have this problem now too on a new install of 1.5.1.3
I've reinstalled the whole site and I can see the images through FTP, none of the permissions have changed from before when it used to work, but I can't see the images through the Admin or upload any.
I have found using FireBug an error come up saying:

Code: Select all

PHP Notice: Error: Could not load library json! in /home/sites/mysite/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_loader.php on line 24 
Any supermods out there that can help?

Post by victorj » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:57 am

images not showing can be caused bij a few problems.
uploading to many images so your hosting plan runs out of diskspace.

having strange file names.

I sorted this out recently by backing up all of the pictures.
empty both data and cache directory
uploading pictures in batches IE first all with A then B and chech that image manager is working propperly.
at a sudden point images where not shown any more.
investigating all the filenames i niticed one file with a é in the filename.
renaming the file solved the problem.

strange thing was that in the ftp filemanager it was not visible but on the files on my local hard drive it was.

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by akssiv2007 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:03 am

no problem with hosts i have unlimited disk space and bandwidth. This is a major issue in opencart as i see solution here.

Post by victorj » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:31 am

no it is the imagemanager a part of ckeditor
it is a third party addon used by many opensource shopping carts

Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.

Expert Member

Post by rocket » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:45 am

As per my thread I started, the problem I was having, for some reason, was the filemanager.php file supplied with the theme I'm using (Gentle) was different to the original one, so I changed this back to the original one and all working now! No idea why this file needed to be changed and I'm sure I uploaded the modified file before and it worked!

Post by HeavyDose » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:17 am

Found my solution here: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?t=47603
I renamed image/cache/data/ folder and refreshed

Post by Newbie-NL » Wed May 16, 2012 3:29 am

Hi ppl,

I managed to upload a file called "logo.png" that created the same problem for me. Removing it in data / cache solved it. Ty for the thread.. it helped me in my solution.

Yours, Newbie-NL

Post by ozziebond » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Had the same trouble and have tried everything to fix this but somehow my opencart is being stubborn!

Post by Tiger-Web » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:42 am

Hi guys, I had this issue too. Here is how I fixed that.
I look into my host log and see this error :
[Mon Oct 01 15:24:00 2012] [error] [client 72.11.160.210] File does not exist: /home/dfripeco/public_html/admin/view/javascript/jquery/jstree, referer: http://www.dfripe.com/admin/index.php?r ... field=imag
So I look further on files that look missing. With firebug, I saw that the file admin/view/javascript/jquery/jstree/jquery.tree.min.js was missing

I really don't why the file was missing? Does it disappear? Is it a host problem? Anyway, I just downloaded the file and upload it to OpenCart, that fix the problem, now image are showing correctly.

OpenCart version : 1.5.3.1

Post by Alexisander » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:11 am

Btw about image manager... is there a was to make it load the images faster... i kinda have 5600 products... and after i upload an image is a big crap to select it...

Post by victorj » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:43 am

make catergories directories and upload your pictures in the approriate one.
the loading is server related teh more pictures the longer it takes so if you limit the ammount of pictures it loads faster

Expert Member

Post by damodaranudas » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:23 am

I solved it clearing cache images, and then renamed images with simple names, not any symbol

Location - Colombia

Post by yudh1z » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:46 pm

I'm facing the same problem. Before everything works perfectly, but after a while (i started add google analytic plug in, put some adsense) i can't upload images for my new product. Tried all the solution above (change permission to 777 in specified folder, delete/rename cache folder) nothing works. But after i turn the error log on, i found out that there are some error while running the filemanager.php in the \admin\controller\common folder. So after googling, found out that i need to add below script "@chmod($directory . '/' . basename($this->request->files['image']['name']), 0644);" before the error line. Now the upload runs normal on the new folder (I still can't upload to existing folder), but at least i still can upload new product picture for my site.

Post by k23 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:35 am

I was having this problem a lot today. I am running my own apache server for local testing of opencart.

Initially, I moved all of my images to images/data and thn tried to select them using the image manager. The IM only showed me the "no image" thumbnails along with the names of my images.

So then I moved my images out of images/data and tried to add them all in using the IM. Same thing. Only the "no_image.jpg". Also it started freezing and giving blank pages.

I had some images in the IM that had been previously uploaded, the cart image and all the imags from the demo store, so I tried adding them to my products. It added them, but then when I tried to save the product opencart froze and gave me blank pages.

The log file in cart/admin told me nothing, so I checked the apache log, and found this error:

[Fri Apr 05 16:03:05 2013] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreatefrompng() in /var/www/webapp/cart/system/library/image.php on line 32, referer: http://localhost/cart/admin/index.php?r ... oduct_id=1

I researched and learned that that error is from the "GD" php module (image processing) not being installed. So I checked phpinfo() and sure enough, GD did not seem to be there.

I use ubuntu, so I ran sudo apt-get install php5-gd

to get the "GD" module. (This is something that your hosting service would have to do in you aren't running opencart locally).

Now I can do anything with images. They upload and display without problems. I haven't testing just moving them all into image/data but I'm sure that will work fine to.

So check phpinfo on your hosting service and make sure GD is supported. It should output something like:

gd
GD Support enabled
GD Version 2.0
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
FreeType Version 2.4.8
T1Lib Support enabled
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
JPEG Support enabled
libJPEG Version unknown
PNG Support enabled