Post by tobychin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:16 am

Anyone know how to add the manufacturer of an item to the order invoice? We dropship most of our orders and need to know who to send the order to and all that jazz. I'd like for it to display right next to the model number, before the quantity. I've searched and tried my own solution, to no avail. As is obvious by my post here.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks to all whom I've learned so much from here!
Last edited by tobychin on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Toby
"The only way to get to the top is to get off your bottom." - Fortune Cookie

Location - Warsaw, Indiana

Post by straightlight » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:10 am

Done, this should work.

Attachments

Last edited by straightlight on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by tobychin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:32 pm

Thanks for working on this! It's not working for me though. The column name displays, but then in the product line it just says "Array". Screenshot attached.

Attachments

Untitled.jpg

Screenshot of problem described above. - Untitled.jpg (71.1 KiB) Viewed 4188 times

- Toby

Post by straightlight » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:50 pm

File updated above.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by tobychin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:30 pm

Closer, I think! But...still getting this:

Notice: Undefined index: manufacturer_name in C:\xampp\htdocs\newstore\vqmod\vqcache\vq2-admin_controller_sale_order.php on line 2074Notice: Undefined index: manufacturer_name in C:\xampp\htdocs\newstore\vqmod\vqcache\vq2-admin_controller_sale_order.php on line 2074

- Toby

Post by straightlight » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:35 pm

File updated again. This time, I can't reproduce the problem so if you can, PM me for further details.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by tobychin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:39 pm

Won't be necessary: works perfectly!!! Thank you so much!

- Toby

Post by kapamarou » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi i have a question does this working for version 1.5.4.1?

Κατασκευή Ιστοσελίδων http://www.datakey.gr

Post by kapamarou » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi does this work for 1.5.4.1?because i added to the xml folder in the vqmod but there is no differce

Κατασκευή Ιστοσελίδων http://www.datakey.gr

Post by jgates » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:47 am

On old thread but it does work in 1.5.4. Not on screen in the View Order->Products tab, but rather when you click "Print Invoice". It would be great to get it on order_info.tpl in addition to order_invoice.tpl. Any tips? and thanks for the huge time saving :)

Post by straightlight » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:18 am

jgates wrote:On old thread but it does work in 1.5.4. Not on screen in the View Order->Products tab, but rather when you click "Print Invoice". It would be great to get it on order_info.tpl in addition to order_invoice.tpl. Any tips? and thanks for the huge time saving :)
The question would then become how to retrieve the information from an order which would involved a product if the manufacturer info is not stored within the info itself, unfortunately. After a certain time, for some Businesses, the manufacturer may no longer be relative with the product which could bring confusion between the merchant and customer later on upon reports.

The only way out would be by storing the manufacturer's name within the order upon completed checkout process.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by anand2064 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:12 am

How can this be done in OC 2.1

Post by AlexDW » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:34 pm

Look on OrderField module

Useful Opencart extensions

Post by eWarrior » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:47 pm

straightlight wrote:The question would then become how to retrieve the information from an order which would involved a product if the manufacturer info is not stored within the info itself, unfortunately. After a certain time, for some Businesses, the manufacturer may no longer be relative with the product which could bring confusion between the merchant and customer later on upon reports.
Old post I know but this is very good advice by Straightlight.This type of thought process is what separates the good developers from the not so good!

I recently began working on a modification which involved a similar thought process (adding the SKU to all available points during the checkout and order process). First point of call was to visit the extensions section to see if I could use an existing vQmod as a base framework.

I discovered this: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... show%20sku

Going through the code, it is evident that the SKU is obtained through extra $product_info calls. While on face value, this achieves the desired result, this will bring about problems and confusion in the future if the SKU is changed or deleted after an order is placed.

Moving forward, the correct approach is to create a new column on the order_product table and store the SKU with each order (I am using the product ID with a prefix as a fallback in cases where no SKU has been entered). Admittedly I have hit a brick wall (http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=168050) which I hope to break through soon!

The sad thing is that most end users are unaware of such issues, which is why it is always best to stick to extensions created by reputable developers. I have lost count of the number of times that I have purchased an extension (to save development time), only to find myself "patching up" questionable code.