Post by ShaunG » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:52 am

Are there currently any options to limit what an admin user can access or see on their panel? For example, I am looking to hire someone and do not want a random employee that will be doing shipping to be able to see financial information such as yearly sales or total sales in the dashboard or run sales reports, etc. NOTE: I am running an older versions of Opencart (1.4.8) at this time although I am in the process of upgrading.

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:03 am

Yes , you can do that. Create a new admin user group and set the permissions to only the pages you want. Then create the admin user and link it to the newly created customer group.You can do that in admin > system > users > user groups and admin > system > users > user.

Expert Member

Post by ShaunG » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:28 am

Ok, thanks I found it. One thing though. Dashboard still pops up when i login with the new user created with only the ability to see newly generated sales. Anyway to stop that? I only checked one box on the user group settings (sale/order). Dashboard contains total sales and yearly sales and would not want that there.

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:49 am

I think there is an extension for that. I dont remeber its name , but try searching for it in the extension directory.

Expert Member

Post by ShaunG » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:14 am

No there is not one on my version. I guess I could just remove it from the .tpl file. I saw a thread about using vqmod which I do not have installed. Is this the only way I can change this per user group? Anyone?

Post by ShaunG » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:38 am

So the only option as of now is to basically remove dashboard from the template then?

Post by straightlight » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:44 am

Which part specifically you wish to remove from the template ?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rph » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:55 am

Admin Dashboard and Menu Control let's you control which users can see sales statistics and only displays menu items the user has access to.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by ShaunG » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:10 am

straightlight, I just want to remove the dashboard or the sales numbers to employees can't see them.

rph - i will check it out thanks