Post by kellyrnh » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:47 am

Also, in the meantime, I added the user group, but it still isn't showing up for me to add products or categories too. Will the update fix this? Or am I missing something? The second store setup was really easy, but I did it a couple of weeks ago so hoping I am not forgetting something?

Post by wernerrenrew » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:47 am

Just install the new vqmod with vqmod manager it will overwrite the old one they have the same name.
Your settings will be safe they are stored in the database.

Send from mobile
Regards Werner

Location - Netherlands

Post by kellyrnh » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:56 am

Okay, thanks, I did that. Still no luck with seeing my 3rd store when adding in categories and products. As I mentioned above, I did create a user group for it. Ideas?

Post by wernerrenrew » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:57 am

The update is just a manicure :)
Im not sure what you try to achieve but i think you need to update the user group to wich the account you are using is assigned to.
If you add a new user group and the user you are logged in as is not part of this new user group your current user will still have no access.
If you change permissions for the current user you will need to update your session, after changing the setting logout and than back in again to update your session.

Send from mobile
Regards Werner

Location - Netherlands

Post by kellyrnh » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:19 am

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I'll try to explain better:

One of the great features of your extension is that I can assign categories and products to a certain store. This worked great with the original store, and my second store. Now that I have a 3rd store, when entering categories and products, the 3rd store does not show up in the list of stores to apply that product or category to. The store otherwise seems to be working fine. Is there a bug? I am doing everything the way I did with the other stores, as far as I can tell...

Post by wernerrenrew » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:53 pm

Hi,

I just looked at the extention again and i think i know what your problem is.

You have to have an account with full store access to create the root categories if this wasn't the case someone could always create new root categories, root categories can only be made by someone with store access.

Give your super admin usergroup new store access than create the root categories after you done this you can assign them to individual usergroups.

To assign excisting categories you need store access to the old store and the new store after you assigned the excisting categories to the new store you can take away the old store access or if you are using a super admin account wich would the best choice in my opinion to do these super admin actions you can set things up with this account in no time even with large stores and after you done this edit the individual usergroups.

Also do not forget that only enabled categories are shown.

Hope this helps
Regards Werner

Location - Netherlands

Post by kellyrnh » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:50 pm

Thanks - I have been doing all of this under my main admin (access to everything) so I don't understand what else I can do? I need this third store to go live tomorrow, so I really appreciate your help!

Post by wernerrenrew » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Hmmm

If your main account has all stores checked, you can go to the excisting categories and add the categories to the new store after you done this you will be abble to add the products in those categories to the new store aswell.

When you added all excisting categories to the new store and created the new root categories for the new store you can add all categories to new usergroup(s) you created for this new store, from here on the new usergroups can create new subcategories and products in all categories and the subcategories they are assigned too.

If this doesn't help maybe you can make a temporary account for me so i check your settings?

Regards Werner

Location - Netherlands

Post by crispylettuce » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:26 am

In the Admin 'back end' area, can you have it so different users are set up who can log in to it, and if im using 2 stores from one installation, can i let someone access only information to 'shop 2' like sales orders, customer details etc so they can see the shops performance, without giving them the ability to 'mess' with the main settings, products etc..?

If this is the case i will probably be getting this

Post by mga » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:19 am

I can not find this extension anymore.
I need it for OpenCart 1.5.5.1 multi store.
Could you please provide some information how to buy it?
Thank you.

mga