Post by wildtech » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:46 am

HI

I'm new to Open cart and looking to use it for a new web site shop for a client but need to confirm a few fetures of Open cart before I can fully decide on it.

We have a need to price match and give individual prices to clients for a range of products.
For what I see, I can create a Customer Group and allocate a single Customer to set individual prices for products - Is this a set price amount or as a discount percent? Is there a better Special Pricing Module I should be looking at? I have found several but still not 100% clear which would be best.

I ran another cart system a while ago for a different company that allowed us to 'email buy buttons' to make price matching easier. How does Open Cart handle overriding prices? Is the price set as a variable sent via the 'Buy' Post command or does it do a price lookup in handling the 'Buy' Post command?

I appreciate any help.

regards

Post by hydrowire » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi wildtech,

I did a quick search on the extension page with the keyword 'price match' and found 3 extensions, maybe one of them is right for you.

When the buy button is click, price is taken from price variable set in product and registered in an order as fix value.

Developing Quality OpenCart Extensions since 2011.
View my extensions

Post by Jez D » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:26 pm

wildtech wrote:...... We have a need to price match and give individual prices to clients for a range of products....
Did you find a solution for this?

I'm in need of something similar.

Web Developer ( & Firefighter)
Web Development, Web Content Management, Mobile Web Design, Android Apps

www.webdesign-plus.co.uk

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Tcalp » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:31 pm

Jez,

For pricing matching or give every customer different pricing ?

Increase Page Speed (#1 rated commercial extension on OpenCart Marketplace)
15in1 Essential Extensions Value Pack Premium Customer Testimonials Reward Points Extended Admin Security Lockdown Suite

irc.freenode.net #opencart

Post by Jez D » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:05 am

Pricing for different customers - unregistered customers.

I have created a small form on home.tpl, when they submit it with a certain word,they will then be given prices reserved for a particular customer group. But the important but is that my client does not want people to have to register as customers to have access to the customer group prices.

I hope that makes sense.

Web Developer ( & Firefighter)
Web Development, Web Content Management, Mobile Web Design, Android Apps

www.webdesign-plus.co.uk

Location - United Kingdom

Post by david_cheong » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:42 pm

Is there any one found or developed the extension for that? my client also looking for such a function too.

thanks

EC-Realty.com

Tech Sharing...

David World...

Location - Malaysia