Post by Qphoria » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:40 am

keg wrote:I just purchased the latest module and I am using it for US shipments only and USPS for international shipments but when I select a Canada address it still brings up a shipping rate? Also tried an Australian address and nothing will even pull up once you click continue?
Do you have the geozone set to US only?
Or are you assuming that if you only choose FedEx Domestic services that you won't get canada services?

I believe FedEx Ground reaches into Canada so you are better off using a proper geozone setting to prevent anything outside of the USA zone

Administrator

Post by keg » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:15 pm

Fail....what a rookie move. Thanks!!

keg

Post by mortz » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:01 am

Q-

Thanks again for the mod. I had some issues originally but we've sorted through them and the updates helped make the installation a breeze.

The problem I'm having now is the rates themselves. I've added in an $8.00 buffer to all of our orders but the shipping still comes up short. I'm using list rates and not discounted rates. I've done my comparisons by using Fedex.com with the same weights and dimensions to check pricing.

Here is an example:

Box: 50x13x10 weight: 34 pounds. Using our site to a U.S. zipcode (from a U.S. zipcode) the shipping returns: $45.09. Using Fedex.com the shipping returns: $49.96. List rates on, Individual Products on and $8.00 added to our stores shipping fees.

Does it calculate the shipping based off what weights and dimensions are set on the product in Opencart?

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:31 am

mortz wrote: Does it calculate the shipping based off what weights and dimensions are set on the product in Opencart?
It does if you set Individual Packages to yes

Administrator

Post by iamfish » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Do it support Hong Kong Fedex account?

Post by cclark413 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:07 pm

Qphoria wrote:
ipalyka wrote: 1. It does not display Smart Post rates even though I activated the service in the admin panel. My client really wants the Smart Post rates for his site.
I think smart post need some special settings. I added it but didn't check into those specials settings. I will take a look
Hey Qphoria!

Any further news on SmartPost? I am not able to get the rates to list...

Thanks in advance!

Post by pesha.cz » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:52 am

Hi,

first of all, thanks for the great extension.

I have just one question, my clients just asked me today, whether the final price includes the fuel surcharge? They already asked the guy in the Fedex and he told 'em, that I am the one who's setting this up...the question is, I do not really see how can I change that.

I guess the prices are with the fuel surcharges included, I'd like to make sure though. I tried to remove the "FUEL" and "FIXED_FUEL_SURCHARGE" from the wsdl just to try, it had no effect at all though. Maybe the fuel surcharge is included automatically for Fedex International Priority that we're using?

Thanks in advance for any hints, been trying to find out for a little while and it's starting to drive me crazy, the Fedex documentation is not helping me at all either :-/

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:46 am

pesha.cz wrote:Hi,

I have just one question, my clients just asked me today, whether the final price includes the fuel surcharge? They already asked the guy in the Fedex and he told 'em, that I am the one who's setting this up...the question is, I do not really see how can I change that.

I guess the prices are with the fuel surcharges included, I'd like to make sure though. I tried to remove the "FUEL" and "FIXED_FUEL_SURCHARGE" from the wsdl just to try, it had no effect at all though. Maybe the fuel surcharge is included automatically for Fedex International Priority that we're using?

Thanks in advance for any hints, been trying to find out for a little while and it's starting to drive me crazy, the Fedex documentation is not helping me at all either :-/
Yes all prices shown are the "total" charge including fuel and surcharges. When FedEx returns the rate data, they give each price separately, and the total. I am using the total for this.

Administrator

Post by pesha.cz » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:32 pm

Qphoria wrote:
pesha.cz wrote:Hi,

Yes all prices shown are the "total" charge including fuel and surcharges. When FedEx returns the rate data, they give each price separately, and the total. I am using the total for this.
Oh yeah I can see that now. Turned out that clients just kinda messed up and didn't really mean fuel surcharges, but vat. Anyway I just printed the response to the request in firebug and it all makes sense now, thanks a lot for help!

And just for someone who might run into this stuff again in the future, to display the Fedex price without the tax (since it's actually VATed twice then: in the confirmation we've ended up with "(total + fedex) * 1.2 (for vat 20%)", which means the vat is calculated twice from the fedex price; and since in czech republic you don't have to pay taxes for stuff like fedex in some cases, it was not what my clients wanted):

In model in fedex_wsdl_api.php around line 250, just take the amount from the "TotalNetFedExCharge" instead of "TotalNetCharge" part of the fedex reply. Similarly to display it without fuel surcharges and so on (you can just put "print_r($service);" on line 255 of this file temporarily to view the the whole server response in Firebug [after clicking "continue" on step 3 of checkout proccess], and from there you can just copy name of any price you'd like to display).

Post by bluerayconcepts » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:45 am

Customer of ours got the Estimated delivery 01/01/1970 toady. Home delivery is not used.

Was this issue resolved already. I have the latest Fedex update installed on the cart.

FYI this just started ion this cart, I looked back on previous orders and they all show normal estimated delivery dates.

DJ
BlueRay Concepts
http://www.bluerayconcepts.com

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:47 pm

bluerayconcepts wrote:Customer of ours got the Estimated delivery 01/01/1970 toady. Home delivery is not used.

Was this issue resolved already. I have the latest Fedex update installed on the cart.

FYI this just started ion this cart, I looked back on previous orders and they all show normal estimated delivery dates.
This issue should have been fixed months ago. But maybe there is still some rare occasion I missed. I'll check again.

Administrator

Post by eseaman3 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:22 am

Crash and burn error code when I tried to install the new FedEx WSDL Shipping module:

Notice: Constant VERSION already defined in /home/eseaman3/public_html/santabarbarablueberries.com/components/com_opencart/index_mod.php on line 3

Notice: Constant HTTP_SERVER already defined in /home/eseaman3/public_html/santabarbarablueberries.com/components/com_opencart/index_mod.php(54) : eval()'d code on line 2

Notice: Constant HTTP_IMAGE already defined in /home/eseaman3/public_html/santabarbarablueberries.com/components/com_opencart/index_mod.php(54) : eval()'d code on line 2

Notice: Constant HTTPS_SERVER already defined in /home/eseaman3/public_html/santabarbarablueberries.com/components/com_opencart/index_mod.php(54) : eval()'d code on line2

Notice: Constant HTTPS_IMAGE already defined in /home/eseaman3/public_html/santabarbarablueberries.com/components/com_opencart/index_mod.php(54) : eval()'d code on line 2

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class fedex_wsdl_api in/home/eseaman3/public_html/santabarbarablueberries.com/components/com_opencart/catalog/model/shipping/fedex_wsdl_api.php on line 21

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:26 am

The first 5 errors are not related at all. They appear to be config.php file related
And the secondary declaration appears to be the files in the wrong place or something caused by the first 5 errors. Are you not seeing these errors on other extensions?

Administrator

Post by eseaman3 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:33 am

No. Could I have uploaded the files into the wrong directory?

Post by eseaman3 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:09 am

Hey Q,

I just re-uploaded everything, making sure everything went to the right folders, it appears to be working now- at least I don't see those errors. I will check back in if it looks like it still has problems after I have tested some more. Thanks much,

EdS

Post by dwdonline » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:49 am

Is smartpost working yet? I need this as we ship a lot of Smart Post.

Post by behindtext » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:28 am

howdy qphoria,

i've been using fedex contribs on oscommerce for many years and started using your opencart extension earlier in 2012. it works fine for most things but i have 2 feature requests that would really help me out

------------------------------------

(1) have some logic in place to adjust the packaging type based on weight, e.g. if you request rate quotes for a 0.4 lb FEDEX_ENVELOPE it gives the expected reply but if you request quotes for a 0.6 lb FEDEX_ENVELOPE it bombs with the "WARNING::556::There are no valid services available.". the hack to fix this temporarily is to select the FEDEX_PAK packaging type in the extension interface, but this overcharges customers shipping weights less than 0.5 lb.

the correct way to handle the situation i describe is to use FEDEX_ENVELOPE when the weight is less-than-or-equal to 0.5 lb and then use FEDEX_PAK when it is over that weight, up to 3.3 lb iirc. over 3.3 lb i think you need to use FEDEX_BOX.

NOTE: the devil is in the details here since, iirc, these maximum weights per packaging type are different between the US and elsewhere. iirc FEDEX_ENVELOPE is up to 1.0 lb internationally vs 0.5 lb domestic. not sure about the other packaging types.

---------------------------------

(2) include Saturday Delivery service options for shipments sent 2-day on a thursday and various overnight options on a friday. this comes up surprisingly often for me and would allow me to charge customers at time of purchase for this service, which i otherwise have to charge for after their order has been submitted. saturday overnight simply adds a fixed charge (USD 15.00) to the usual shipping charge.

historically i had hacked oscommerce's fedex contrib to include another shipping option that was displayed all days of the week. if this option shows up on a day besides thursday or friday, it does not create much confusion.

---------------------------------

(1) is a much bigger issue for me than (2) but both would greatly improve my order flow with opencart.

regards,
jake

Post by Sidecutter » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:23 am

I'm stuck on SmartPost too. I want to offer this lower-cost option, but it will not show up, even if you turn off the option for insurance in the module. This really does need to be fixed to work properly. As a side note, Smartpost will never be available if an insurance amount is used, so that may be why, if the module is using a default of $100 or something for the parcel value when the option is turned off. This also means that even if the option is on, it will need to poll without any amount in the insured value for the parcel in order for Smartpost to come up and still have the other rates be accurate.

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:43 am

Smart post has limits set by FedEx, be sure you are hitting these:
fedex_smartpost.jpg

fedex_smartpost.jpg (28.72 KiB) Viewed 5424 times

Administrator

Post by JoomGO » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:29 am

I need to set this Shipping module up to offer Ground shipping to Geo Location A and 2nd Day shipping to Geo Location B

I have both Geo Locations setup with the states.

How can I set it up so only Geo Location A has Ground as an option in checkout and Geo Location B has 2nd Day as an option in checkout?

JoomGO! - http://www.joomgo.com
Website Design & Management

Location - Cincinnati, OH