Post by craigj » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:42 am

Hello there,

When setting up multi-store, is it possible to have admin users which are able to only view & edit store details, categories and products for a particular store?

e.g
Store A
- Section 1
- Product 1
- Product 2
- Product 3
- Section 2
- Product 4
- Product 5
- Product 6

Store B
- Section 3
- Product 7
- Product 8
- Product 9
- Section4
- Product 10
- Product 11
- Product 12

I want to be able to assign oone admin user to only be able to edit / add things relating to store A and another user to only have access to store B & store Bs sections and products

Is this at all possible?

Thanks in advance

Post by wernerrenrew » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:42 am

Hi,

No this is not possible.
But if you really need this i can make an extention for you.

Regards Werner
Last edited by wernerrenrew on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Location - Netherlands

Post by Xsecrets » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:49 am

or you could look at one of the extensions already made, though I don't think there are any for 1.5 yet. What you are asking for is actually a massive mod even if it doesn't sound like it to you.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by wernerrenrew » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:04 am

Hi,

I decided to make this extention at first for v1.5.1.3 of opencart but i think it will also fuction on older versions too, the depending files of the older versions still have to be checked before i can be sure.

This will be a commercial release initially the price will probably be $20 or something like 15 euro's.
Price after last update $40

It will be released tomorrow.
The final price will be decided after it is tested and i get some feedback.

Features:
Give a usergroup read/write permissions for products and categories limited to one or more stores.

user 1: admin store one pass: demo
user 2: admin store two pass: demo
http://demo-opencart.beoptimized.nl/adm ... roup_id=12
http://demo-opencart.beoptimized.nl/adm ... og/product

extention page
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=3992

Regards Werner
Last edited by wernerrenrew on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Location - Netherlands

Post by gauravd » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:58 am

Hi Werner,

I am looking for something similar.
Can you let me know if my below requirements will be fulfilled by your add-on and core OC.

1. multiple e-stores independent of each other. Each e-store having one or more store admins to administrate things related to that store. Setup should have one installation, supporting multiple e-shote.

2. buyer users should be common to all stores (across mall). This means user (buyer) need not to create separate logins for different stores, rather they should create one login which should allow then to do checkout across mall (all stores).

3. each store should be able to have its own template, layout, skins for different look and feel. Changing skins should be allowed to only mall admin and store admin of that store.

4. products of each store should be visible on mall page under different categroeis and manufacturer etc.

5. product should be similar to below sites terms of functionality / features. Seting up e-shop should be easy to setup for non technical sellers.
- http://www.shopify.com
- http://www.storenvy.com

Looking forward to your reply.
Also please let me know how to purchase your store admin add-on. I would be interested in that once I am sure it is the right add-on for my requirements.

Regards,
Gaurav

Post by wernerrenrew » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:45 pm

Hi,

My extention only makes it possible to create usergroups for your employees giving them only access to the products and categories of one or more stores.

What you are asking for is outside the scope of this extention.

To make an extention you are asking for, just about any script in the admin area has to be changed/modified to these specific needs.

Regards Werner

Location - Netherlands

Post by Sim2K » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:33 pm

Hi

This the exact type of upgrade im looking for.

I want store owners to be able to login to just their stores (2 stores) and only edit their products, prices and customer groups and can only view the images they upload! They would not be able to edit anything in any of the other stores. But me as the Main admin, I can have access to ALL the stores.

Is this possible with this module? If so I think I will have to make a purchase!

Post by wernerrenrew » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:45 pm

Hi,

Images in opencart are not linked to a specific store so at the moment this is not included.
You can make an account for someone with no access to anything but the products and categories of the stores they are assigned to. Atm it is more like a convenience tool to seperate store categories and products, or maybe a tool for a store owner to to seperate things to prevent the i didn't do it conversation ::)

I am thinking of extending this extention but this would take alot of time that i do not have at the moment.

Regards Werner

Location - Netherlands

Post by Sim2K » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:56 pm

OK

Does that mean that users can still see and modify other users images?

If I install this tool, is it easy to uninstall without affecting the rest of my stores in anyway at all?

Post by wernerrenrew » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:26 pm

Hi,

Yes it is safe to try no core files are changed also the database is not altered this extention makes use of an excisting database field that makes use of serialized data, if you do a uninstall this extra data is not used anymore ( it is not really needed to remove this extra data after uninstall ) to remove this extra data after uninstall go to every usergroup and press the save button the form is send without the extra data.

This is a vqmod only extention this means you can install it through vqmod manager and if it is not for you you can just deinstall through vqmod manager or delete the vqmod through vqmod manager.

Vqmod and vqmod manager are free extentions the links are in the included readme.

Regards Werner

Location - Netherlands

Post by Sim2K » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:58 pm

OK Great. I might buy this Mod.

But can you tell me if users can still see and modify other users images?

Post by wernerrenrew » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:56 am

Yes they could do this, images in opencart are not linked to any store they are global.
I could look into this i think an option would be to use the usernames in the file structure of images.

In this case usernames should start with a number so i could use this number for the file structure so we would not give away usernames to possible attacker.

usergroup Top Administrator => all images

1/ => 1username images

2/ => 2username images

This would mean though that global images the ones used in both stores need to be assigned to products etc. by the admin user.

I will try to find some time to look into this.

Note: this is low level security if someone would for instance hijack their own session and make the right post request with a php script they could bypass the restrictions (not very likely to happen).

It is not my goal to try to give high level of security for the restrictions, this because you have given these persons permission to upload files to your server!!

Regards Werner

Location - Netherlands

Post by Sim2K » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:11 pm

Thats exactly what I'm looking for. If anyone is runnng a shop in this situation and see other shop owners pics, they will always be paranoid of other shop owners messing with their shops details and pictures. This will give my shop owners peace of mind knowing their shop details and images are safe.

Im still in the process of setting up my opencart website but this will be a definate purchase especially if the image control is on the roadmap! You said someone with technical abaility could get around it, but with that much technical ability, they would of started up their own shop anbyway! lol

Post by Sim2K » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:23 pm

I was thininking, each shop gets its own folder called their userID or userName. This can hold pics in the standard way but the folder as you said would only be seen by its owner and that folder would be their root folder. Might make things easier to handle. Admin as usual would see all.

I think folder lock down more than picture lock down is bettere but not sure if its possible. Probably a field in the DB showing the base folder structure for each user which is checked on every folder request. If they try and go somewhere which does not match their folder structure saved to their record, they are automatically sent back to their root folder.

Just an idea but this option is needed.

An idea for the roadmap could also be a double email on orders. One to the site admin and one to the shop owner as well.

I have many more ideas for this ....

Post by wernerrenrew » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:34 am

This extention will be updated within the next 24 hours
Demo is now updated to version 1.1.0
----------------------------------------------

#CHANGELOG

v1.1.0
Added support for categories and products assigned to multiple stores before if edited the categorie or product would have been assigned to the one store.
Closed the security hole where someone could hack their own session and use a php script to manipulate categories and products of stores they are not assigned to
Added support for assigning image folders to a usergroup this global you can assign image folders to someone who has noaccess to the store they belong to.
Added support for assigning categories and products in these categories to a usergroup this makes this extention also very usefull for single store settup with multiple admins
Added to this version (copy product additional images)
Added copy product from image folder press the copy button choose an image folder press ok and the product is copied as many times as there are images in the selected folder
if you have a subfolders with same name as one of the images the containing images are added as additional images.

v1.0.0

----------------------------------------------

extention page
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=3992

Regards Werner
Last edited by wernerrenrew on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Location - Netherlands

Post by kellyrnh » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:32 am

Great extension! I just bought it and you are a life saver! Quick question - anyway to enable/disable modules per store?

Post by wernerrenrew » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:22 am

Hi,

Not sure what modules you are referring to.
But you can achieve this for most of them with layouts.

Create a new layout and name it => Home store two
Choose your store
Now for instance go to extentions/modules/slideshow and add a banner for layout => Home store two

Done

Would you mind voting for this extention, thanks in advance
Regards Werner

Location - Netherlands

Post by kellyrnh » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:31 am

Hi,

Thanks for answering that question, and yes, I will rate as this is such an important extension with multistores. :)

Another question: I just added a new store (your extension was already added) and went to add a new category, but my new store does not show up to pick from for the category? How do I add it in? Also, it is not listed as an option for a store when entering in new products. Help!

I can, however, choose it as an store when adding in new Manufacturers. Not sure if that helps.

Thanks!!!

Post by wernerrenrew » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:22 am

Hi Kelly,

You have to edit system => users => user_groups
I must say when i just added a 3th store to the demo server i noticed a small bug that was confusing specificly when you just added a 3th store.

In the box where you can add single categories to a usergroup i added the stores by name to wich a category is assigned the idea was to help you track categories, the bug repeated the default store because i included the if statement inside a foreach loop i patched it you can download it for free on the extention page.

Regards Werner

Location - Netherlands

Post by kellyrnh » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:38 am

Thanks Werner,

How do I update the extension? I am using the VQMod Manager, but do I uninstall then reinstall, or another way? I didn't know if I uninstalled if it would undo any of my stuff for the other 2 stores.

Thanks!