Post by chrisg42 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:58 am

I started using OpenCart about a month ago and I couldn't find any decent DB diagrams showing table associations so I decided to map the DB. Here are the diagrams for anyone that wants to use them.

http://www.colab-aktiv.com/?page_id=25

These diagrams are for OpenCart 1.5.1.3. I’ve broken them up into 7 different diagrams so its easier to view them on screen. All associations are shown including associations to tables on different diagrams.

Post by straightlight » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:36 am

There's a typo on your demonstration from 1 field:

Code: Select all

attribue_description
it should rather read:

Code: Select all

attribute_description

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by chrisg42 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:55 am

@straightlight - Thanks, typo fixed

Post by straightlight » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:13 am

@Chrisg42,

thanks for considering the fix above and also the time consuming you put to demonstrate a schematic presentation of the overall OpenCart database relationship entity. However, I would also like to suggest something that may be more appropriate for a team or a community to work on in case of any schematic changes in the future.

Right now, the pointed URL displays images for each schema and when a change would be required from the page, it may take longer to either apply the modifications on those tables and then to re-uploaded the updated screenshots on the page. That being said, for many years, I've been using this amazing tool:

http://ondras.zarovi.cz/sql/demo/

Which can also not only be demonstrated but: saved as SQL / XML (practical for those who uses VQMod), re-opened, queried and modified at any time in case of any changes that may need to be involved in the future. ;)

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON