Post by halalan » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:51 am

Has anyone tried to restore site data from a prior version such as 1.2.8 to a 1.2.9 store?
I have not had a successful restore yet. My manufacturers and stuff don't seem correct.

Helping Each Other With Knowledge....
WHPOA.NET CTOA.NET CEMETERYTN.COM

Location - U.S.A.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:36 am

You can't install a new store and copy over the db, that will never work

You need to upgrade your current store by first overwriting all the old files with the new files
Then, run the upgrade script to update the database.

Administrator

Post by djbrock » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:38 pm

There is no upgrade.php in 1.2.9. The complete upgrade.txt file reads:
1.2.8 > 1.2.9

To Upgrade:
1. First off backup your site.
2. Download a backup of your database.
3. Delete the files in your hosting directory
4. Upload the files from the download.
5. Go through the install as normal.
6. Once the install is finished import the database you backed up.
7. Goto the image directory from the backup and copy all the image and upload to the image directory on your hosting.

I did all this *except* that I left my images directory in place (why copy and recopy????). I was able to upload the SQL data, BUT in my Latest Products I get the crap from the /install/opencart.sql . I can't find it anywhere in my sql database but it shows up!

EDIT: when you DELETE THE /INSTALL directory the problem above with the Latest Products disappears. I'm still getting this error when I click on a Category link, otherwise the page works:

Notice: Undefined index: description in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/catalog/controller/product/category.php on li

Post by DannyMacD » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:55 am

i seem to be having the same problem. i followed everything, even uploaded the db via phpmyadmin (says it like i know what im doing) but lost all products, info, everything. i done a backup of the database and in the .sql file i can see all the tables etc, but i can seem to get it to recreate it all without having to do the entire store manually...

please help :(

Post by gavin m » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:03 am

I'm having similar issues.

I moved my old site, backed up the database. deleted the old database, created a new one, ran the install.

At this point, all was well, I basically had the dmeo site on the go.

I dropped everything form the database, then imported my back up, deleted the install director, moved my images over.

Now, I have a bot of a hybrid site.

All the categories are mine, but the brands drop down is all the demo stuff. All the latest products are the demo stuff, but there is now prodcuts behind them. And when I go to a category or one of my products I get this at the top of the screen:

Notice: Undefined index: description in /home/mysite/public_html/catalog/controller/product/category.php on line 52

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mysite/public_html/catalog/controller/product/category.php:52) in /home/mysite/public_html/system/library/response.php on line 65

Any ideas?

Post by Daniel » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:50 pm

I posted a fix for this 2 days ago.

do a fresh install agin and before you restore your data openc the sql file and remove all the delete and create tables. you only want the insert stuff.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator