Post by American » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:14 am

I have received 2 orders in the last 24 hours where I receive two payments each. I receive notice of any order from OC followed immediately by the PP payment received email.... all good there. Then 3-4 minutes later (by the date stamp on the email) I receive another payment notification AND a second payment IS being processed for the very same order.

I've contacted the customers that this has happened with and none have been too tech savvy so I just get a response along the lines of "there was something weird with the site during checkout".

I'm thinking that there is an either slow or nonexistent response so they are reloading and hence resubmitting the payment data.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm going to enable some test product and try some checkouts later today.

Brad G
Granbury, Texas
OC 1.5.6.4

Location - Fort Worth, Texas

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:47 am

paypal standard ? or paypal pro?

Administrator

Post by American » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:01 am

Pro... both were paid by credit/debit card. I have regular PP enabled too.

Brad G
Granbury, Texas
OC 1.5.6.4

Post by American » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:56 am

Now I received a payment today, the PP email lists the invoice number at the bottom.. .but no order in the store. I wasn't having this problem prior to the 1.4.8/b upgrade.

Product just lists 'Sport Twin' which is the name of the store... but no products so now I need to contact the customer to see what it is he ordered.

What's going on here?

Here's my IPN details for that transaction except for the specific IPN message:

Message ID63S42018J7783105N

Date/time created7/17/2010 16:05 CDT

Original/ResentOriginal

Latest delivery attempt date/time---

Notification URLhttp://store.sporttwin.com/index.php?route=payment/pp_standard/callback

HTTP response codeWhat's this?

Delivery statusDisabled

No. of retries0

Transaction ID7J385394D1046881Y

IPN typeTransaction made

As far as IPN settings go, how is this supposed to be setup?

Edit Instant Payment Notification (IPN) settings

PayPal sends IPN messages to the URL that you specify below.

To start receiving IPN messages, enter the notification URL and select Receive IPN messages below. To temporarily stop receiving IPN messages, select Do not receive IPN messages below. PayPal continues to generate and store IPN messages until you select Receive IPN messages again (or turn off IPN).

Notification URL: (THIS HAS MY OLD STORE URL WHICH IS NO LONGER USED, CRELOADED SCRIPT)
IPN messages
Receive IPN messages (Enabled)
Do not receive IPN messages (Disabled) (THIS IS SELECTED)

Keep in mind that I'm taking payments for 2 different stores... one OC and one CS-Cart and it was working fine until the update. Quite frankly, I'm not getting orders to process today from my CS store either.

Brad G
Granbury, Texas
OC 1.5.6.4

Post by American » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:40 pm

Uploaded the PP patch from this thread, maybe it will help.

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?t=8568&f=23

Brad G
Granbury, Texas
OC 1.5.6.4

Post by American » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:22 am

Well...that didn't help much. I received an order this morning... received the store email, paid by CC via PP, that's good... a minute later the PP IPN email came in... all good......then 2 minutes later, a second payment for the same order. I've emailed the customer to see what their problem might of been.

I think what is happening is that the order process screen is hanging up and they are resubmitting somewhere in the process.

Q.. .I could use a little help with this when you get a minute. Can't keep issuing refunds for every order.

Brad G
Granbury, Texas
OC 1.5.6.4

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:24 am

The "patch" was for paypal standard
You are using paypal pro.
Completely separate.

Never heard of anyone else having the double payment issue with PP Pro tho so I'm not sure what the reason is unless they are clicking the submit button twice. But I wouldn't think all of them would do that.

Administrator

Post by American » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:04 am

Ok.. I added a test product for .05 and gave it optional shipping. I order as a guest and go through the checkout process with a credit card, I submit the info and payment and it just sits there with the Please Wait and the little circle going round and round to the left (see the screen shot).

However, the order shows up to my admin and customer address along with the payment verification from PayPal but there is no indication in the checkout for the customer to know it has processed. If their order confirmation email goes in to their spam folder they might not every know the order actually processed.... so they sit and watch and some are just hitting the submit button again, hence the double payments.

It just sits forever...even now, it's still trying to process. I assume that the store isn't getting a response back from PayPal to let it continue and give the customer a 'your payment was processed successfully' (or whatever) notice in the store.

So... what's the problem here. How to troubleshoot this?

Attachments

2010-07-25_19-00.jpg

Checkout - 2010-07-25_19-00.jpg (8.77 KiB) Viewed 6017 times

Brad G
Granbury, Texas
OC 1.5.6.4

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:27 am

American wrote:Ok.. I added a test product for .05 and gave it optional shipping. I order as a guest and go through the checkout process with a credit card, I submit the info and payment and it just sits there with the Please Wait and the little circle going round and round to the left (see the screen shot).

However, the order shows up to my admin and customer address along with the payment verification from PayPal but there is no indication in the checkout for the customer to know it has processed. If their order confirmation email goes in to their spam folder they might not every know the order actually processed.... so they sit and watch and some are just hitting the submit button again, hence the double payments.

It just sits forever...even now, it's still trying to process. I assume that the store isn't getting a response back from PayPal to let it continue and give the customer a 'your payment was processed successfully' (or whatever) notice in the store.

So... what's the problem here. How to troubleshoot this?
The "please wait" issue is easily fixed:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 068#p79068

Administrator

Post by American » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:29 am

EDIT: Guess we posted this at the same time. I see you posted that back on June 17 but just now found it.

This fixes the problem.

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 068#p79068

Brad G
Granbury, Texas
OC 1.5.6.4

Post by olstar » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:32 pm

Hello,

im having the double payment problem with paypal payment pro..

Tried that fix posted in the link, i got a Illegal token error... :(

Please help!

My customer site is high value, so people are being charged £500+, twice!

Professional UK Based eCommerce - Our Free Opencart Mods - Our Premium Opencart Mods
Kashflow Integration

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:09 am

olstar wrote:Hello,

im having the double payment problem with paypal payment pro..

Tried that fix posted in the link, i got a Illegal token error... :(

Please help!

My customer site is high value, so people are being charged £500+, twice!
That fix in the link? You mean the one for 1.4.x? And you are using it on 1.5.x? Well that clearly wont work.

Administrator

Post by olstar » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:55 pm

Ah yes, my bad.

I searched but couldn't find a fix for 1.5.x.... any ideas Qphoria?

My client jokingly said he didnt mind (well you wouldnt would you) but said his customers probably wouldnt be too happy if he kept the second payment everytime!

Professional UK Based eCommerce - Our Free Opencart Mods - Our Premium Opencart Mods
Kashflow Integration

Post by jrchew » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:34 am

I'm on 1.5x as well.

I checked this out:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16053&p=79068#p79068

But the if statement fix in that thread has already been applied to my version of OpenCart.

Olstar, Did you ever find a solution for 1.5?

JR Chew - Founder
Quantum Advanced Search Position Tracking
http://quantum-seo.com

Location - Northern California

Post by olstar » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:31 pm

Nah mate, still having issues with paypal and opencart.

I have these to trawl through and see if i can find a fix, we're just rushed off our feet here so havent had time to check.

I have a feeling its related to certain browsers (old shit IE versions) but can never get the required info from my client to test really..

Its filtering through now.. one guy who had problems with it admitted to using IE5!!!!

IN 2011!!!

IE5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was amazed he managed to get to the payments part of the checkout TBH!!!

Kashflow Integration

Post by olstar » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:56 pm

Anyone else having this issue?

Our client is getting a bit cheesed off with this now, would love to know if anyone has had this issue with 1.5, and sorted it, if so please let me know as im about to rebuild the whole site with the latest version of everything and that would take a while so would prefer to fix what we have got already first :)

Thanks in advance!

Kashflow Integration

Post by Derrickyoung95 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:44 am

I am seeing this on 1.4.9.5 in the past day or so i have had 3 orders processed twice. Some orders are fine but it seem like 1 in 5 gets charged twice.

The fix from 2010 is that still applicable Q?

Post by Derrickyoung95 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:52 am

Should note this is paypal standard not pro

Post by davidre » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:41 am

I'm also getting this.

I'm on Version 1.5.1.3 and using PayPal Website Payment Pro (UK)

Any help please?

Thanks
Dave

Post by vinay » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:16 pm

Also i am receiving payments twice for the same orders, some orders are okay but same with twice payments.
Is anyone else having this problem?
I am using opencart version1.4.9.5 with PayPal Pro.