Post by stmshop » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:35 pm

It appears to me that if I have a product with a base price and options that increase the price (different size of the same item), the amount of points to redeem the same item at the base price and the higher price is exactly the same. It also seems that there is only a place for each option to adjust the amount of points awarded by purchasing the object and not a place to adjust the amount of extra points needed to buy the higher priced option.

Am I correct in this, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help. I've jumped in here with the Opencart system and I need all the help I can get.

Location - Bakersfield, CA

Post by OpenCart Addons » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:17 pm

Which version of OpenCart are you using?

If you're using any of the newer versions, you'll see a drop down menu next to the option reward points that has a '+' or '-' in it.

I believe this is supposed to add or subtract reward points from the product reward points, based on the option the customer selects.

Joel.

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by stmshop » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:43 am

The '+' or '-' in the option settings seems to relate to the points earned, not the points required to redeem. There should be two separate settings I would think.

Post by OpenCart Addons » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:11 am

Ahh i see.

I don't know of a way to do this except charge more reward points and just give more reward points for each option.

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by stmshop » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:51 am

Should it not be standard behavior for Opencart though? I would think that it would be logical to keep from having to list each different priced option as a separate product in the database.

Post by uksitebuilder » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:04 am

I believe the +/- for points by options is for points needed to purchase the option

The buyer gets no bonus points when buying the product regardless of the option chosen.

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by OpenCart Addons » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:31 am

According to the documentation posted on opencart.com:

Reward Points
If you wish to give Reward Points for purchasing this option, which customers can redeem for additional merchandise, enter the number of points. Turn Reward Points On or Off in EXTENSIONS - Order Totals - Reward Points.

Maybe in the future they will add in the feature to charge more reward points based on option selected.

Location - Canada

Post by stmshop » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:04 am

OpenCart Addons wrote:According to the documentation posted on opencart.com:

Reward Points
If you wish to give Reward Points for purchasing this option, which customers can redeem for additional merchandise, enter the number of points. Turn Reward Points On or Off in EXTENSIONS - Order Totals - Reward Points.

Maybe in the future they will add in the feature to charge more reward points based on option selected.
Thanks for finding that! I was just about to run script to update all options given what uksitebuilder said. I have some options that increase a price up to $150 (same item just larger size/longer length). I really need to have that functionality and I can't believe it doesn't already exist. If you can charge more for an option, why not have the reward system match that? Until then I am just going to eat the extra cost, though it's not a large percentage because I'm basing the reward system on a 1% value. Some items might end up being 1.5% or so because of this, but I'll live with it until a solution comes along.

Post by uksitebuilder » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:32 pm

well, I just tested it on my demo store

I made the following product cost 100 points by default

User gets 2 points for buying default

If they choose an option then it costs an extra 2 points to buy

Try it by adding to cart

http://store2.designs.org.uk/cameras/ca ... -product-3

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by OpenCart Addons » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:20 pm

You're right.

The manual seems to indicate the opposite, where the reward points gained increases or decreases.

Good to know, thanks.

Location - Canada

Post by stmshop » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:25 am

Thanks for taking the time to test that. I appreciate it. I will implement the changes today. Last night I was modifying code to get individual captions working for product images. I think that the backend design was started but not finished, because there was already a "caption" field in the database in the product_image table. You just have to modify code to do something with it. I added an extra column to the table in the product_form.tpl and adjusted the appropriate M,C, and L files on the admin and user side to get it to work. It wasn't too bad, and the end result is fantastic. Now I can have captions that describe the different options so the customer knows what he's looking at and can equate it to the different options.

http://shop.sierratroutmagnet.com/fishi ... ct_id=2751

Post by ZeroContent » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:32 pm

This seems to be the only topic I could find about this so I didn't want to start a new one.

Has there been a fix to the rewards points so that more points are awarded when purchasing a higher priced option? The Reward Points cost works correctly but there still doesn't seem to be away to award additional points.

Post by FrontierVapor » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:53 am

I was going to start a new thread, but I figured I'd try to revive this one instead. Just wondering if this issue has been solved yet? The +/- reward points setting in the Product Options seems to make the product cost more points to buy, but I can't figure out a way to increase the reward points earned when a user picks a more expensive option. Is there any way to do this yet, or an extension that adds this functionality?

Post by scottpjshaw » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:02 am

Same problem here.

I am currently setting up the rewards points for my store. It's easy to set up a product with no options but when I need to add reward points for items with options, I can't seem to figure it out. For example:

I am selling drinks. I have a listing for "Cola" with options for different bottle sizes.

I want to be able to set my store up so that:

When a customer buys a "small" sized bottle, he gets the standard amount of reward points (5% of the items value) - and has the choice of purchasing the bottle with "200 rewards points"

When the customer purchases a "medium" sized bottle, the price will increase and I would want to reward the customer 5% of the new price. I would also want them to have the choice of paying for the bottle, for example, with "400 rewards points"

So, in a nutshell, I need to know how to set individual "points rewarded" and "points required" for products with options. The + - in the options tab seem to be next to useless.

Thanks in advance!

Scott

Post by Dhaupin » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:20 am

Agree this is a missing link that should be on options.

One solution to this limitation is finding a mod that puts rewards points into "global currency mode" where they act based on purchase total instead of individual options. There are 2 big rewards mods that claim to do this, but only 1 of them really does it to my knowledge: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=9319 You wil probably have to extend any ajax pricers to update rewards based on total, but its worth it if you can hang with JSON->AJAX

It stinks to spend money, but until its a default OC thing, sometimes its less $$ than the time creating your own.

PS: for you modders out there, reward points are easy to auto-fill in based on option price with a JS widget (similar to how SEO urls are made from product titles). Its a worthy key-up add if you opt for default no-mod!

https://creadev.org | support@creadev.org - Opencart Extensions, Integrations, & Development. Made in the USA.

Location - PA

Post by rend » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:18 pm

Hi! I am new to OpenCart and have been on the hunt for an e-commerce system that can meet my requirements. The Reward Points of OpenCart seems ideal but I can't seem to make the Product Options work correctly. I thought specifying a value for the minus (-) field under Points will require Customers to have at least that amount of Reward Points in their account to purchase/redeem that particular Product item with that option. Even if the Customer chooses to pay by any other Payment Method aside from Reward Points, he will still need to have to subtract the specified Reward Points in Options from his account. Can anyone shed some light if this is actually possible in OpenCart?

Post by rkeles » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:10 pm

any update for this issue?